Do you believe in SOUL MATES?

Yes, it's the Hour of Mercy... that's obvious.

but God isn't your vending machine. He doesn't have to just grant you a wish. As a Catholic, I believe that God knows what's best. Suppose you wish for something that goes entirely against what's best for you?

Or better yet, suppose you wished for something that contradicted what someone else wished for.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused. :blink:

Melanie made a reply (tiny bit sarcastic) and thought she would delete it before I could read it and reply. That's all.

but God isn't your vending machine. He doesn't have to just grant you a wish. As a Catholic, I believe that God knows what's best. Suppose you wish for something that goes entirely against what's best for you?

Or better yet, suppose you wished for something that contradicted what someone else wished for.

I always wonder about that...

whoa whoa... I never called it a wish... I don't think he's a jeanie in a bottle.

I NEVER SAID HE HAD TO GRANT ME ANYTHING...

I've come to the conclusion that nothing really is cool with you that concerns me sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I dunno what else to say

:wink2:

BUT

I am well aware of his place in my life...and the point of all of it was to say "Hey God, this is what I would love to happen to me... I trust you to do what's right." That's exactly what I thought in church today. And you have no idea what I asked for, so you can't exactly call me greedy... or selfish or whatever else you call me.

Only I know, and that's all that matters. *shrug*

whoa whoa... I never called it a wish... I don't think he's a jeanie in a bottle.

I NEVER SAID HE HAD TO GRANT ME ANYTHING...

I've come to the conclusion that nothing really is cool with you that concerns me sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I dunno what else to say

:wink2:

BUT

I am well aware of his place in my life...and the point of all of it was to say "Hey God, this is what I would love to happen to me... I trust you to do what's right." That's exactly what I thought in church today. And you have no idea what I asked for, so you can't exactly call me greedy... or selfish or whatever else you call me.

Only I know, and that's all that matters. *shrug*

I didn't call you selfish or greedy. I just don't think you should say you're "not religious" in one sentence, and then say you're going to ask God for something in the next. And He doesn't have to DO anything.

Oh ok. I've never even heard of that thingy before :boxed: Who made that up?

loloolololololzozlzolzozlozlzozzzzzzzcake.

@Sarie: If you're catholic are you allowed or against watching jesus christ superstar? Im kind of arelgionous (like asexual..haha) so ive watched it

I saw it years ago when I was little, but I don't really remember it. I just remember some guy wearing pink sunglasses in a desert, and thinking to myself "wait a minute... did they HAVE glasses back then?"

I didn't call you selfish or greedy. I just don't think you should say you're "not religious" in one sentence, and then say you're going to ask God for something in the next. And he doesn't have to DO anything.

loloolololololzozlzolzozlozlzozzzzzzzcake.

What?! :lmfao:

I saw it years ago when I was little, but I don't really remember it. I just remember some guy wearing pink sunglasses in a desert, and thinking to myself "wait a minute... did they HAVE glasses back then?"

Yeah i took my catholic friend to see the davinci code :roftl: baaaad idea

yellow sunglasses :roftl: And there's machine guns and army tanks in it :lmao:

Well.... How do I put this?

I'm not strictly religious I guess.

I call it "spirituality".

If it were up to me, I'd call my self a few religions...

Asking God for something is prayer...IT's called a petition. So, it's not a bad thing. People do it all the time. People even lament and doubt him in their prayers. He wants to know what we think and feel at all times...even if we are angry.

Today in church, I made peace with him. I really did. I asked him for something (one thing) and I told him I trusted him.

Basically, I just don't like it when people say things that aren't true about the religion. I read an article today in Newsweek about some woman saying that they found Saint bones or something, and how they should be worshipped by the community. Saints aren't worshipped, and I get offended by people putting out that misconception.

Yeah i took my catholic friend to see the davinci code :roftl: baaaad idea

yellow sunglasses :roftl: And there's machine guns and army tanks in it :lmao:

ROFL. My sister bought me DaVinci Code for Christmas about two years ago. Like, not this past Christmas, but the one before that. I haven't watched it in a while, but I probably will one of these days. I saw it in theatres, too.

Basically, I just don't like it when people say things that aren't true about the religion. I read an article today in Newsweek about some woman saying that they found Saint bones or something, and how they should be worshipped by the community. Saints aren't worshipped, and I get offended by people putting out that misconception.

ROFL. My sister bought me DaVinci Code for Christmas about two years ago. Like, not this past Christmas, but the one before that. I haven't watched it in a while, but I probably will one of these days. I saw it in theatres, too.

hahaha I love the davinci code.

and jesus christ superstar ... david...afro...bellbottom pants :lmao: I LOVE THE 70'S!

Well I don't like it either...but what I said wasn't false. It's a person's actual account I guess you could say. Like the vision of Guadalupe... you know??

I don't believe in worshipping false idols, but I do pray to the saints sometimes...specifically for guidance... Like St. Jude (for hopeless cases) St. Anthony (for lost things)

hahaha I love the davinci code.

and jesus christ superstar ... david...afro...bellbottom pants :lmao: I LOVE THE 70'S!

Jesus Christ Superstar was in like... Harrisburg or something a couple weeks ago, I think. I wish I could remember more of the movie from what I saw of it, though.