Sorry

violet_sky

This is not a drama thread. I would have put this post somewhere else in another (already existing) thread but I want to make sure that every possible person feeling affected gets to see it.

It was brought to my attention that my posts or at least some of them are apparently perceived as patronising and arrogant. I've been criticised especially for the way I stated that I didn't long for an autograph from Mika as it has come across to at least one person as if I was considering myself standing above that sort of thing and thus offending those who are thinking otherwise, asking Mika to sign something for them.

I remember that I was stating I didn't plan to meet Mika or get anything signed by him back in autumn in a post in the members only section. I tried to find that post but I'm apparently not intelligent enough. Some regulars I had

fun with in that thread might remember such a conversation... or maybe not, as it was not really anything to remember for a lifetime. I was stating how I

felt quite uncomfortable about waiting after a gig for an artist I look up to without any material to strike up a conversation about as he, in fact, is a stranger. Please note, I was talking for myself and myself only. I was sharing my thoughts with people who were thinking about the topic in a similar way and never, during that whole conversation did anybody judge or even talk about those who might be thinking otherwise. Never did I say that I'd consider them lowbrow or less worthy human beings for wanting to see their idol close up once or get a souvenir of the night. Why would I do that? It does in no way reflect what I think and even if I did think in those patterns I'm not socially disabled enough to write it down to just offend sensibilities.

And besides: this was more than half a year ago. In the meantime there were 4 gigs for me after one of them I did indeed wait for Mika to come out of the building. I gave him something and - surprise - have his signature on my ticket.

However, I just want to say that I never meant to hurt anybody's feelings. If my posts, whatever content they may have, were perceived that way, I apologize, and I mean it. If only I had been told earlier about those misunderstandings, maybe some of the ill-feeling could have been avoided.

So if you have a problem with me or my posts, just PM me and I'm sure it can be sorted. As long as you're not approaching me in a rude or condescending way, that is.

Again, to those who feel offended by my past statements: I'm sorry, I didn't

mean to hurt anybody. I thought I'd think a lot before I post something, but sometimes a lot is just not enough.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is like the same thing that happened with me not that long ago :blink:

I didn't witness the things you have mentioned in this thread, but just don't worry about it. Luckily MFC is a forgiving place and yeah. :huglove:

(I know how you feel:naughty:)

Geez :boxed:

Real question (i mean, not sarcastic) : are people really easily offended or do i really miss a LOT LOT LOT not reading aaaaaall the threads on the forum and VS is playing Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde ?? :blink:

i think there is a real question there about people's "offended feelings" levels... don't know how to say it correctly but i'm sure you get what i mean...

Geez :boxed:

Real question (i mean, not sarcastic) : are people really easily offended or do i really miss a LOT LOT LOT not reading aaaaaall the threads on the forum and VS is playing Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde ?? :blink:

People are very, very easily offended.

VS..I always have loved what you have to say....I guess I try to stay away from Drama if I can....but I am sure you know what you have to say and what your heart really means. I find writing ...the written word never does justice to what really is going on. That is why its too bad we can't speak face to face at times...I think the internet really "hides' true feelings, ideas, thoughts because of the human element..

I've always admired you, Violet

maybe a lot lot more people than the ones who actually "apologize for being misunderstood" should make a bit of thinking :fisch: just a suggestion, i'm back to my hole...

I agree :naughty:

*hides under rock*

*hides under rock*

me tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I can relate to being misunderstood and "trying" to say sorry for it. I shouldn't have, because some people only see what they want...if you're not liked, than you're not liked. I just don't care any more... I can only name a few that truly seem to loath my guts...but more so, there is love here.

*HUGS nono

I can relate to being misunderstood and "trying" to say sorry for it. I shouldn't have, because some people only see what they want...if you're not liked, than you're not liked. I just don't care any more... I can only name a few that truly seem to loath my guts...but more so, there is love here.

*HUGS nono

:huglove:

I prayed :naughty:

:blush-anim-cl: I knew you would.

I PRAYED TOO *without shame, I might add*:naughty:

Can we start an I RESPECT NONO club???:roftl:

This girl deserves it:punk:

We're so cool :cool:

You'd be the only person in that club :lmao:

People are very, very easily offended.

yeah, they are haha.

But I guess it's a lot about this being a forum where all you have is writing, you know? People read what eachother writes, and all you have is your interpretation of how they say it. Stuff can seem offending when it really is the opposite haha. That probably adds to the 'drama' of mfc. You can't tell their expression or their tone or whatever. All you have is the words and you think of it as how it may seem :naughty:

yeah, they are haha.

But I guess it's a lot about this being a forum where all you have is writing, you know? People read what eachother writes, and all you have is your interpretation of how they say it. Stuff can seem offending when it really is the opposite haha. That probably adds to the 'drama' of mfc. You can't tell their expression or their tone or whatever. All you have is the words and you think of it as how it may seem :naughty:

Yeah, that is very true. I can understand that.

If someone says something I don't like and it's really not that big of a deal then I let it go. I just see way to many people acting like victims and way too many people apologizing. Personally, I don't feel like I need to apologize anymore. If I apologize than that means I've realized I've done something wrong. If I don't think I've done anything wrong then I won't. Any other apology is fake and insincere.

maybe a lot lot more people than the ones who actually "apologize for being misunderstood" should make a bit of thinking :fisch: just a suggestion, i'm back to my hole...

Yeah, get back to your hole. :mf_rosetinted:

*hides under rock*

and back under your rock. :mf_rosetinted:

*HUGS nono

Well, I kinda like you - but you need to get back under your rock too. :naughty:

Don't worry girls, as soon as I get the addresses of your holes and rocks, I'll be joining you. :naughty:

Don't worry girls, as soon as I get the addresses of your holes and rocks, I'll be joining you. :naughty:

:rip_1:

Don't worry, I'm not dead, I'm just hiding under the tombstone :wink2:

Can't wait to party with my fellow rock buddies :yay:

Yeah, get back to your hole. :mf_rosetinted:

5th one on the left after the big apple tree :mf_rosetinted: follow the golden path... and wear red sparkling shoes, you never know... if you meet a robot, a lion and a scarecrow (and i can't remember what else), don't worry, you're in the right direction...

This is not a drama thread. I would have put this post somewhere else in another (already existing) thread but I want to make sure that every possible person feeling affected gets to see it.

It was brought to my attention that my posts or at least some of them are apparently perceived as patronising and arrogant. I've been criticised especially for the way I stated that I didn't long for an autograph from Mika as it has come across to at least one person as if I was considering myself standing above that sort of thing and thus offending those who are thinking otherwise, asking Mika to sign something for them.

I remember that I was stating I didn't plan to meet Mika or get anything signed by him back in autumn in a post in the members only section. I tried to find that post but I'm apparently not intelligent enough. Some regulars I had

fun with in that thread might remember such a conversation... or maybe not, as it was not really anything to remember for a lifetime. I was stating how I

felt quite uncomfortable about waiting after a gig for an artist I look up to without any material to strike up a conversation about as he, in fact, is a stranger. Please note, I was talking for myself and myself only. I was sharing my thoughts with people who were thinking about the topic in a similar way and never, during that whole conversation did anybody judge or even talk about those who might be thinking otherwise. Never did I say that I'd consider them lowbrow or less worthy human beings for wanting to see their idol close up once or get a souvenir of the night. Why would I do that? It does in no way reflect what I think and even if I did think in those patterns I'm not socially disabled enough to write it down to just offend sensibilities.

And besides: this was more than half a year ago. In the meantime there were 4 gigs for me after one of them I did indeed wait for Mika to come out of the building. I gave him something and - surprise - have his signature on my ticket.

However, I just want to say that I never meant to hurt anybody's feelings. If my posts, whatever content they may have, were perceived that way, I apologize, and I mean it. If only I had been told earlier about those misunderstandings, maybe some of the ill-feeling could have been avoided.

So if you have a problem with me or my posts, just PM me and I'm sure it can be sorted. As long as you're not approaching me in a rude or condescending way, that is.

Again, to those who feel offended by my past statements: I'm sorry, I didn't

mean to hurt anybody. I thought I'd think a lot before I post something, but sometimes a lot is just not enough.

Oh yes I remember that conversation!:thumb_yello:

We where joking about it back and forth and had a lot of fun, maybe with an undertone that we would feel a bit embarrassed to stand in a queue just to meet the Man because it would be an uncomfortable situation.:blush-anim-cl:

An unusual and unrealistic situation, and doesn’t feel natural for everybody.

I didn’t have any special expectations about the after party either. I arrived really late and an MFC friend told me what had happened with the bracelets.

I was absolutely content with the fact that I didn’t had got one, because I had arrived so late.

When Allegra came and gave me one I felt really honoured and of course I was happy.

It is easy to be misunderstood as you have nothing else but the writing, no facial expression, no body language to rely on, but it is important to talk about it and I think we learn a little more every day how to manage things like this. For a lot of us, is this to be a member of a forum is a new thing and it is both more difficult and sometime in some strange way easier than to be in a group of people in real life.:thumb_yello: