The Blood Donation Thread

Iv'e got very common blood too, (as you would expect :naughty: ) I used to give blood regulary and got a badge off them so I think I must have got up to 25 pints or so. I only once had a problem and got a huge bruise on my arm (in Manchester when I lived there) they must have been vampires or something lol.

I havn't given any for ages, I think I moved house and forgot to tell them so they don't contact me to remind me, I ought to start again though, that is if my bloods still ok and I'm sure it will be as I am fairly healthy etc (for an oldling :wheelchair: ).

I also carry an organ donor card and am on the national donor register, cos the way I see it, I wont be using it when I bite the dust, kick the bucket etc etc and why set fire to it if someone who is still alive can get some use out of it (guess I just hate waste, I am sooo green lol).

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, lol, I just found the letter they sent me after the first time I donated on the fridge (weird), but it says:

"Only 9% of Australians are O negative, however this blood type can be given to anyone regardless of their blood type." :cheerful_h4h:

People with O Neg blood type are known as "universal donors" because their blood can usually be transfused into people with other blood types.

Iv'e got very common blood too, (as you would expect :naughty: ) I used to give blood regulary and got a badge off them so I think I must have got up to 25 pints or so. I only once had a problem and got a huge bruise on my arm (in Manchester when I lived there) they must have been vampires or something lol.

I havn't given any for ages, I think I moved house and forgot to tell them so they don't contact me to remind me, I ought to start again though, that is if my bloods still ok and I'm sure it will be as I am fairly healthy etc (for an oldling :wheelchair: ).

I also carry an organ donor card and am on the national donor register, cos the way I see it, I wont be using it when I bite the dust, kick the bucket etc etc and why set fire to it if someone who is still alive can get some use out of it (guess I just hate waste, I am sooo green lol).

Not that i agree with your phrasing but yes - free organs for all.

Iv'e got very common blood too, (as you would expect ) I used to give blood regulary and got a badge off them so I think I must have got up to 25 pints or so. I only once had a problem and got a huge bruise on my arm (in Manchester when I lived there) they must have been vampires or something lol.

:roftl: :roftl:

Took me a while to get the common blood type joke at first :bleh:

People with O Neg blood type are known as "universal donors" because their blood can usually be transfused into people with other blood types.

:punk: :punk:

*goes to see if her O neg friend has done anything yet*

Not that i agree with your phrasing but yes - free organs for all.

Free organs for all? Yes!

*helps self to organs* :thumb_yello:

You can take my spleen, my kidneys and my lungs - but you cannot take my heart

*Does shakespearian gesture and faints*

My heart is my soul!

Anyway.....

*takes Pink's spleen, kidneys and lungs while she is down*

*sells on the blackmarket*

*cackles evilly*

Cant i do both?

Ill be a zombie - living dead and all.

Anyway, back on topic - lets go recruit blood types.

Ah, but as a zombie you should be able to do a good lot of recruiting :wink2:

*goes to recruit in the aussie thread*

*goes to recruit out of mfc even*

(woah - dedicated)

EDIT: OMG! 1989! lol! That's practically the coolest post count I am ever in my life going to have. Oh mister post number 1989, I will miss you, buddy old pal. :tears: (1989 being my birth year btw)

• 3 weeks later...
I wouldnt call it dedication so much as being a fanatic - i think (if i was ever so bored enough to redo it) that you would be my new no.1 stalker given the resent thread activity.

Happy 2000 by the way

:wub2: :wub2: :wub2::huglove: :huglove: :huglove:

And thank you. Took me a while to find this reply :roftl:

(*bumps thread*)

• 4 months later...

Awww, good thread. I need to lookup my blood type...

To be honest I'm terrified of blood and needles. But after 9/11 I wanted to do something to help, and so in order to get more comfortable with the idea I began to volunteer at our college blood drive. I did eventually donate, and I loved volunteering and was very active in the drive for the next year... I should start that up again, especially since I think I'm not allowed to donate in the US anymore.

One of the stranger places I've gotten a date too. :naughty:

--Jack