Calling all Shopaholic fans!

mandilambi

I agree, they're very entertaining but I think she kept the saga too long, the one with her sister for example was quite boring imo..

Avoca the movie is being released next month, on the 23rd!:wink2:

Fantastic!! I love the Shopaholic books! I'm a bit wary about what they've changed though, but I'm very interested to see how it's turned out!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah me too, and when I go out of the theatre I'm like "it wasn't like this! in the book it's different, blah blah.."

I hate that! I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to translating books for the big (or small) screen. It needs to be exactly as the book (and my imagination) or I won't like it. :naughty:

I always have that problem as well, as my imagination is so vivid, and when I read something I'm painting a VERY detailed picture of it in my mind...Which movies just never live up to :naughty:.

I like Sophie Kinsella's books a lot but the movie looks absolutely horrible. I couldn't sit through the preview ads. I hate the changes they made (it made the whole thing feel so much more generic) and the heroine seems to be unspeakably obnoxious. I LIKE Becky Bloomwood in the books: I don't think I can stand watching ten minutes of the "Becky Bloomwood" on the movie.

I'm really disappointed about this. It could have been an adorable little chickflick.

--Jack

another bad movie version of a good book. :boxed: or so it seems. but from the reviews here, I'm not holding my breath.