MikaObsessed [YouTube] account suspended

CazGirl

I guess I should have asked to put this here first...:boxed:

a bulletin from Sou on MySpace:

With over 90 videos uploaded and hundreds of subscribers, it finally happened; a year and 19 days after I created MikaObsessed on YouTube (with the initial intention of uploading videos for fans who suffered from regional restrictions), YouTube has pulled the plug on the account.

Yes my friends, MikaObsessed has been suspended - wiped off the face of cyberspace.

I'll never forget how MFCers lashed out when they found out Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) was uploaded on YouTube before it was officially aired on TV. I'm not sure who said it, but I remember reading a member's comment saying she was "disgusted" and wouldn't watch the video. Strange how my intention of helping got me virtually kicked in the gut. Ah well, these things happen.

With that being said, a huge thanks goes out to all of you who supported MikaObsessed; it's such a shame good things always come to an end.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Arghhh! This is infuriating. Mika's presence is going to be wiped off YouTube if they keep up at this rate. :sneaky2:

They've done it with a lot of J-Pop artists. I'm a fan of Koda Kumi but ALL of her music videos have been taken off due to copyright infringement, which I can totally understand, but now I have NO WAY of listening to my favourite music!! Even MySpace are chucking all those videos off now! It's so infuriating because they're taking away what I love the most...and I don't have an online account thingy so I can't download music...or buy CDs...

without Sou, I (including others) wouldn't have been able to watch all those Mika interviews from across the world. How are the fans supposed to keep up with their idol??? :tears:

even in some cases with Bab, she rescued me on a lot of things even though I'm from the UK! I totally missed Glastonbury, it's a joy to watch Jools Holland again, and Mika at the Zoo was the first interview I watched of Mika on YouTube (dont know if that was Babs or not..)

but still. Mika probably gained a huge fanbase from YouTube ALONE.

:boxed::tears:

I can't believe this. It's not true. I can't get myself to check my youtube favourite videos...

Who did it? tell me who did it and I'll just :chair:

My life has no meaning now...

Do I have to say adieu to Life in two minutes, too?

:boxed::tears:

I can't believe this. It's not true. I can't get myself to check my youtube favourite videos...

Who did it? tell me who did it and I'll just :chair:

My life has no meaning now...

Do I have to say adieu to Life in two minutes, too?

most likely...

gosh, all those old favourites.

life in two minutes, drunk mika in the mask, mika on jensen, mika popworld (zoo and roxercise)....amongst all the others...

Awww, bugger it! Almost all of my favorite videos are gone now. Especially the one where he talks about his life in 2 minutes. That was my all time favorite, I use to watch it everyday. Now what will I do?!?! Stupid youtube. :crybaby:

we can ask sou to upload them all again on myspace (as babs has done) hoping they will stay safe for a while there....:shocked:

I already asked her this morning if she would. I haven't heard back yet. It's a lot of work.

I am wodnering if they will ever want to remove videos we made of performances ourselves. It is my vid, so I would have thought I owned the copyright, but Mika does has the right to say they are his songs and it was his performance, and that could mean I stole his performance....maybe:mf_rosetinted:

Oh no Caz/Sou... :shocked::tears: I love those videos too!! :boxed:

Oh well, thanks for all the videos this past year you guys.. it has been great!! If not for them, my admiration and love for Mika would not have grown as much...thank you :wink2:

Oh no Caz/Sou... :shocked::tears: I love those videos too!! :boxed:

Oh well, thanks for all the videos this past year you guys.. it has been great!! If not for them, my admiration and love for Mika would not have grown as much...thank you :wink2:

No, Caz is not Sou, Sou is Sandi, she doesn't drop by much anymore.

I don't know why everyone thinks it is Caz, she just posted the info about the account disappearing.:blink: