The Oldlings Part 15

Wendi

i have to go now and give gary a hair cut. we are off to a really posh do tonight. mason's ladies night :biggrin2:

Have a great time Pooh -

Its lovely to have something to dress up for :D

catch you later, or tomorrow :thumb_yello:

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Wendi and Pooh. Have a good time tonight Pooh x

Wasn't it odd last night to be without the MFC? How do you all keep in touch? msn? I thought you'd be on MySpace, but no.

Hi Ruth!! Its good to be back. I was on msn for some of the

time with Kath, Robi, Weealx, Vicky, Charlotte and Holly.

My msn is a bit dodgy - but it was ok most of the time

I've got an msn a/c but I can't be bothered with it. The same with Skype. I only use that to speak to my sister in Thailand.

The rain's just started hammering down here. it's been a grim Easter holiday.

I've got an msn a/c but I can't be bothered with it. The same with Skype. I only use that to speak to my sister in Thailand.

The rain's just started hammering down here. it's been a grim Easter holiday.

Its lovely here - but the rain is due to come in later!!

I like msn - especialy when the forum is down!!!

I have Skype as well - but usually only go on when Robi tells me to!! :naughty:

Rob's been digging the garden and laying flags and pavoirs. It's been dreadful for him and he keeps being rained off. Then when it is fine he goes back out there, so we've done nothing together.

Well that's been a nice hour here, looking around the forum.

I've found out that lots of 'guests' are bots :-/

And that flashing hearts have died a death :-(

But I'm going to go now and get ready to go out. It was both my sons' birthdays in March so we're all off for a meal.

Well that's been a nice hour here, looking around the forum.

I've found out that lots of 'guests' are bots :-/

And that flashing hearts have died a death :-(

But I'm going to go now and get ready to go out. It was both my sons' birthdays in March so we're all off for a meal.

Have a lovely meal Ruth - and my flashing heart is going no-where!!! :naughty:

You just have to be polite my dear!!!! :roftl:

How were SFG?

polite eh ? :shocked::boxed:

scouting for girls were f*£!!"££$W"g amazing even better than mika :biggrin2: not as sexy though :wub2: what a smashing crowd not a foreigner in site unless people from dundee fall into that category now i know why u lot what to come to glasgow for a gig we are just too polite for our own good :sneaky2: i was allowed to get up front ! next mika gig no more mr nice guy :wink2:

Thanks.

Have you any weekend plans? Or are you booked up as a taxi :wink2:

Taxi is fully booked this weekend - between work, and social stuff

they have me run ragged!! But while they are out I can be on here

so that is not bad!! :wink2:

polite eh ?

scouting for girls were f*£!!"££$W"g amazing even better than mika :biggrin2: not as sexy though what a smashing crowd not a foreigner in site unless people from dundee fall into that category now i know why u lot what to come to glasgow for a gig we are just too polite for our own good :sneaky2: i was allowed to get up front ! next mika gig no more mr nice guy :wink2:

You can be polite - nae bother!! :wink2:

Glad the gig was good - I like their music!! :thumb_yello:

Glad the gig was good - I like their music!! :thumb_yello:

its a pity u werent there , i was the oldest fan there :roftl: sorry wendi :naughty:

heres what ive uploaded so far of sfg

enjoy !

I went to see The Feeling in Manchester a couple of weeks ago. They were good and did a fair mix of first album and new one. And they sounded just like their recordings. Real musicians too. BUT not M.

I felt like a bystander, looking for the crazy fans who queued in the rain and rushed to be at the front.

I went to see The Feeling in Manchester a couple of weeks ago. They were good and did a fair mix of first album and new one. And they sounded just like their recordings. Real musicians too. BUT not M.

I felt like a bystander, looking for the crazy fans who queued in the rain and rushed to be at the front.

Kath went to see them in Glasgow, with Abby. She said they were

good - but not M!!!! :naughty: She said she was in shock at not having

to queue for hours, and still got to the front.

wendi us glaswedians are polite in other ways ..we will hold a door open for people where others will let it slam shut on your face ! we will always give up our seat for older & preggy woman & small kiddies . i have dicussed my personality to friends family neighbours even strangers ive got spoken in glasgow thinking there was something really wrong with the way i act , the thing is according to them i im a typical glaswedian who was brought up in a council estate , loud , very out - spoken , speaks their mind & very sarcastic , i cant be compared to other scottish people on here as im glaswedian as for christine she was brought up in jordanhill a posh area not a slum area like me ! i wish some more glaswedian would sign-up then maybe u lot would see what i meant :thumb_yello:

wendi us glaswedians are polite in other ways ..we will hold a door open for people where others will let it slam shut on your face ! we will always give up our seat for older & preggy woman & small kiddies . i have dicussed my personality to friends family neighbours even strangers ive got spoken in glasgow thinking there was something really wrong with the way i act , the thing is according to them i im a typical glaswedian who was brought up in a council estate , loud , very out - spoken , speaks their mind & very sarcastic , i cant be compared to other scottish people on here as im glaswedian as for christine she was brought up in jordanhill a posh area not a slum area like me ! i wish some more glaswedian would sign-up then maybe u lot would see what i meant :thumb_yello:

I have no problems with Glasweigans - I think they are the friendliest people in Scotland - and thats no joke!! I think sometimes on here, the forum, there is the occassional problem with language - things you would be happy saying to friends etc don't come out the same typed on a forum page. There is no smile, or laugh with them - they are just words on a page. I think thats where the misunderstandings come up. If you said something I was offended with, I would just tell you - no problem - but maybe others dont know you, and dont want to do that!! :thumb_yello:

I have no problems with Glasweigans - I think they are the friendliest people in Scotland - and thats no joke!! I think sometimes on here, the forum, there is the occassional problem with language - things you would be happy saying to friends etc don't come out the same typed on a forum page. There is no smile, or laugh with them - they are just words on a page. I think thats where the misunderstandings come up. If you said something I was offended with, I would just tell you - no problem - but maybe others dont know you, and dont want to do that!! :thumb_yello:

There is nothing wrong with manners as described, we were brought up giving the proper respect to others, but living in various parts of the uk I haven't noticed to much concern for others, it is all me,me,me, I think it is due to immigration and the way different cultures are, at some point we have to be tolerent, at other times we need to explain and reason, trouble is no one is willing to listen to another point of view. I have lost count of the number of times I have heard people say, 'This is me, and people can either like me or not I don't care, I'm not changing for anyone', no matter who we are or how old e are we can always learn from our mistakes and others.

Nothing wrong with council estates, it is how the people conduct themselves, Parental control is missing nowadays, though that does not include everyone, as usual the minority are the focus and it should be up to the majority to sort out the problems that are caused, how many people live within their 4 walls, and never speak to the neighbours, when I was growing up in Motherwell we knew everyone within our area, and those we did not know we knew others who knew the ones we didn't, if that makes sense. If a child including teenagers, was causing a problem they were told, and their parents were told as well, the same happened in school, if we got the belt, you knew you'd get another at home, discipline was tough but taught us to respect others, and try to do the right thing, I appreciate there is a difference between the punishments we got, and abuse, most of the time we got what we deserved,.

lets get serious, kids have no respect because when they want something they get it, therefore are not used to being told no. And that is not only kids nowadays older people are the same.

set the example as parents, and bring children up with good morals.

i have been in a few arguement through not using smilies but i cant be bothered or dont know what ones to use & dont see why i should use them if i dont what to , theres no rules that i should . that why i to tend to stick in here cause i know u will all say to me if im misunderstood . i think i was gonna say something else but i cant remember the phone went then the door :sneaky2: oh by the way the gers beat the celts :punk:

Nothing wrong with council estates, it is how the people conduct themselves, Parental control is missing nowadays, though that does not include everyone, as usual the minority are the focus and it should be up to the majority to sort out the problems that are caused, how many people live within their 4 walls, and never speak to the neighbours, when I was growing up in Motherwell we knew everyone within our area, and those we did not know we knew others who knew the ones we didn't, if that makes sense. If a child including teenagers, was causing a problem they were told, and their parents were told as well, the same happened in school, if we got the belt, you knew you'd get another at home, discipline was tough but taught us to respect others, and try to do the right thing, I appreciate there is a difference between the punishments we got, and abuse, most of the time we got what we deserved,.

lets get serious, kids have no respect because when they want something they get it, therefore are not used to being told no. And that is not only kids nowadays older people are the same.

set the example as parents, and bring children up with good morals.

they should bring back the belt in school that would sort out the wee buggers , hey it was a plastic carpet beater that was used on my ass if i was given the belt in school it was bloody well sore *ouch* !