The Oldlings Part 15

Wendi

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Silver, don't leave, come and sit a while.

AMP, limbo also has the religious conotation of the place where souls go after death whle they wait for a place in heaven or down below.

Bit like we are doing now.LOL!

But I like Vickys explanation;-)

Hi Ruth - we have chatted quite a lot haven't we!!! :blush-anim-cl:

Hi Wendi; it's fun I know but good grief! :)

And Rob now tells me its Purgatory not Limbo where you spend time before Heaven. I guess I'll be there a long time!

Anyway, it rained on us in the garden so we came in and drank more wine, but the Danes, who were up at 5a.m. are tired, so they've gone to bed.

Yeah, I've had posts missed and I've missed posts before. Oh, well....I hope she can forgive us. :shocked:

Me too - especially if you end up at the end of a page!! :thumbdown:

Hi again.

Rose, did you post any piccies whilst I was away over the last 4 days?

Hello Ruth, xx

Hi Shari :huglove:

Dictionary take on Limbo:

-often Limbo Roman Catholic Church The abode of unbaptized but innocent or righteous souls, as those of infants or virtuous individuals who lived before the coming of Christ.

-A region or condition of oblivion or neglect: Management kept her promotion in limbo for months.

-A state or place of confinement.

-An intermediate place or state.

We would fit in the second category: Mika's Management kept the MFC in limbo for months.

And Rob now tells me its Purgatory not Limbo where you spend time before Heaven. I guess I'll be there a long time!

Anyway, it rained on us in the garden so we came in and drank more wine, but the Danes, who were up at 5a.m. are tired, so they've gone to bed.

Its been a beautiful day here today!! :cool:

Even sat outside for a wee while!!

Yeah, I've had posts missed and I've missed posts before. Oh, well....I hope she can forgive us. :shocked:

Sure , we all have. I really hate to think she thinks we meant to ignore her.:thumbdown:

You know sometimes i'm so distracted by life and essays and kids and family and stuff that i'm only half here anyway !!! I never mean to hurt or ignore anyone and i don't think anyone here does. :wink2: I have had posts ignored too, but just keep posting , people have to talk to you eventually !!!!:naughty: No serious Silver, we want you, look... me, Wendi and Charlie have been stalking you tonight!!!:shocked:

:thumb_yello:

Hi Shari, hi Rose, Charlotte, everyone.

Aren't we good at explaining more than you would ever need to know about Limbo.

Rose - sorry I've lost the plot. Did you text me this morning? I'll save the number if so, because we're bound to meet again even if I am NOT doing any of the dates in summer.

Hey Shari! Welcome back! Rose has kept us in Limbo with her pictures. LMAO!

Hehehe Char, another one making us wait patiently eh?

Hi Wendi, been gorgeous here too. Really spring like. My "Bleeding Heart" plants are looking so pretty.

BTW, when I called you from the convention, I apologise if it was late. What did it sound like. My phone is carp!

Hi again.

Rose, did you post any piccies whilst I was away over the last 4 days?

Hello Ruth, xx

Shari ! The Queen of pop has returned :wink2:

Its been a beautiful day here today!! :cool:

I know it was lovely, was in work most of the day but got out for a little walk for air :thumb_yello:

Hey Shari! Welcome back! Rose has kept us in Limbo with her pictures. LMAO!

Yes she has !!!!:sneaky2:

*sneaks in while hiding in plant* :fisch:

We see ya amongst the foliage !!!:naughty:

I did too. I went to my neighbour's and we had a cup of tea in her garden. It was wonderful. It was such dire weather while I was on holiday the last two weeks and it's been great since I went back!

Hi everyone. Just another pop in to see if any thing is occurrring. But no.

Anyway, Limbo is a concept of the Catholic Church. It is a place where unbaptised babies go after death! And presumably any one who dies and hasn't been good enough for Heaven but not bad enough for Hell would go there. And Rob said something - 40 years ago! - about souls being sent to Limbo for a certain number of days before entering Heaven, which is an interesting take on the concept of eternity. A couple of years ago the Catholic Church decided it didn't exist! A wise move I think.

Do you know how many pages you've filled? I can't catch up :)

Okay, I think I understand now. I am raised Roman Catholic myself; I think you are talking about what we dutch would call Vagevuur. Strange idea, isn't it: the most innocent creature, a baby, not be sent to heaven if not baptisted....?

Where've you all gone? I thought something must have happened but it hasn't has it?

And my son, who has had to give up his room to a Dane, is home early from work and wants the computer. So I'll have to go. Do you think there will be news tonight?

Purgatory rings a bell.....

Hehehe Char, another one making us wait patiently eh?

Hi Wendi, been gorgeous here too. Really spring like. My "Bleeding Heart" plants are looking so pretty.

BTW, when I called you from the convention, I apologise if it was late. What did it sound like. My phone is carp!

Thought it sounded fishy!!! :roftl: :roftl:

No - it was great - honestly - thanks!!!

*stops walking when notices everyone is staring* *runs intonearest closet* *covers herself in duct tape* *proceeds out trying to look normal*

Normal - thats not normal!!! :sneaky2:

Okay, I think I understand now. I am raised Roman Catholic myself; I think you are talking about what we dutch would call Vagevuur. Strange idea, isn't it: the most innocent creature, a baby, not be sent to heaven if not baptisted....?

Truly crackers.

All down to original sin apparently. Another concept that I can't get my head around.