Appleman, apples, cats, donuts, sarcasm, wizards (kind & fine), and WHATEVER part 4

Yoppappop

Dare you!

Then I shall write in trochaic pentameter.

Watch me try to outdo you

No I can't, that's very true:mf_rosetinted:

Oh, damn, this will be harder than I thought.

I haven't done this in a while, Blue Sky.

I will give it a go though, so behold

I have written in the chosen meter.

I am so silly to make such a game.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love how you just speak your mind and I along with many many others know that you're probably the last person to intentionally hurt anyone's feelings just for the f*ck of it. I'm very happy I had the chance to meet you. :huglove:

Don't let anyone make you feel uncomfortable for being honest. :thumbdown:

Couldn't have said it better myself! I second everything that Violet says.

At the risk of appearing uneducated, you guys have lost me already. I have heard of the things you are referring to of course, and it's possible I may even have known something about them in the dim, distant past of my teenagerhood. But although I enjoy reading, I wasn't actually particularly good at English as a subject (which came as a blow to my pride) and so I shall just sit on the sidelines and cheer.

Go "Battle of the meter and poetic form!"

Pretty pathetic battle cry actually:naughty:

At the risk of appearing uneducated, you guys have lost me already. I have heard of the things you are referring to of course, and it's possible I may even have known something about them in the dim, distant past of my teenagerhood. But although I enjoy reading, I wasn't actually particularly good at English as a subject (which came as a blow to my pride) and so I shall just sit on the sidelines and cheer.

Go "Battle of the meter and poetic form!"

Pretty pathetic battle cry actually:naughty:

Well I haven't read or written anything remotely literary myself since highschool. I even rented a TV mini-series of War and Peace because I wanted to know what it's about without bothering to read it. :naughty: That's why last night I decided that from now on I'm going to extricate myself more from the interweb and read a book per fortnight. In unrelated news I also decided to become vegetarian which I've been meaning to do for years but never completely followed-through (it might help with the weight loss goal too).

Well I haven't read or written anything remotely literary myself since highschool. I even rented a TV mini-series of War and Peace because I wanted to know what it's about without bothering to read it. :naughty: That's why last night I decided that from now on I'm going to extricate myself more from the interweb and read a book per fortnight. In unrelated news I also decided to become vegetarian (with the goal of eventually becoming vegan when I manage to wean myself off chocolate and cheese ).

Yes, but high school was a lot less time ago for you. The most writing I've been doing lately is emails and crappy songs. And of course posting on here.

And I haven't read "literature" for ages. I just read books. Children's books a lot of the time, to stay abreast of what's going on with my kids (just finished reading Lady Friday and Superior Saturday in the Keys to the Kingdom series).

Actually, does Lord of the Rings count as literature? (been reading that to the 11yr old at night time. We've been reading it to him since he was about 6 and we never manage to get beyond the second book. So now that he's a little older, he requested we start again.)

Oh and on the note of extricating yourself from the interweb....

What are you doing here then?:mf_rosetinted:

Yes, but high school was a lot less time ago for you. The most writing I've been doing lately is emails and crappy songs. And of course posting on here.

And I haven't read "literature" for ages. I just read books. Children's books a lot of the time, to stay abreast of what's going on with my kids (just finished reading Lady Friday and Superior Saturday in the Keys to the Kingdom series).

Actually, does Lord of the Rings count as literature? (been reading that to the 11yr old at night time. We've been reading it to him since he was about 6 and we never manage to get beyond the second book. So now that he's a little older, he requested we start again.)

Oh and on the note of extricating yourself from the interweb....

What are you doing here then?:mf_rosetinted:

I already did my assigned reading time for today. :fisch:

May I add something?

Firstly, Kata, I don't want to see you leave either. I love the fact that you are frank and sometimes blunt. This place can be very sugary at times, and even I can overdose on sugar. You're like a lemon juice astringent that cleanses the palate. Refreshing!

The thing i want to say though is that the whole argument about who can say what becomes circular after a while. If person A says something and person B gets upset and starts an "anti-bullying thread" and tells person A not to say those things, and person B then gets upset and tells person A that they shouldn't say those things, then don't you really end up basically having everybody being told that they can't express an opinion?

Person A can't express an opinion that person B finds offensive. Person B is not allowed to say that they find it offensive. That becomes no-win for everybody.

"Hey, that offended me!"

"Hey, you telling me that I offended you, offended me!" Everyone is upset then.

My feeling is, just take your chances. Sometimes people will get upset. I get upset on a regular basis. I know that I'm too emotional. I usually get over it fairly quickly. I've tried to toughen up over the years and I'm actually a lot tougher than I used to be. That may make you laugh, cos I know I come across like a marshmallow. But I know also that my soft core makes me just the right person for the job in certain situations. Just as you are the exact right person for certain other situations. I celebrate the fact that you are different from me.

Feeling like staying yet?

I totally agree!

the bolded parts describe me too :naughty:

I totally agree!

the bolded parts describe me too :naughty:

Well, there you go! There really is a need for that fluffy pinkie marshmallow thread thingy then!

Marshmallows of the world, unite and take over!

Oh. Hang on. I'm pretty sure he was singing about shoplifters....

Well I haven't read or written anything remotely literary myself since highschool. I even rented a TV mini-series of War and Peace because I wanted to know what it's about without bothering to read it. :naughty: That's why last night I decided that from now on I'm going to extricate myself more from the interweb and read a book per fortnight. In unrelated news I also decided to become vegetarian which I've been meaning to do for years but never completely followed-through (it might help with the weight loss goal too).

I hired out War & Peace tonight thanks to you. :sneaky2:

I read war and peace.... it took me a month, where other books don't take nearly as long. Some parts of it I liked, some parts I found slightly boring (hence why it took so long)

I keep meaning to read the Lord of the Rings, since their the pinacle of modern fantasy and all that, but I can never get past the start of the second book. It takes me half a book to gain interest, and then I pick up the next book and lose interest again.

Though at the moment I'm working my way through an interesting series called the Troy Game

I read war and peace.... it took me a month, where other books don't take nearly as long. Some parts of it I liked, some parts I found slightly boring (hence why it took so long)

I keep meaning to read the Lord of the Rings, since their the pinacle of modern fantasy and all that, but I can never get past the start of the second book. It takes me half a book to gain interest, and then I pick up the next book and lose interest again.

Though at the moment I'm working my way through an interesting series called the Troy Game

Pinnacle of modern fantasy hey? I've never thought of them like that... Just a bloody good yarn that would improve immensely (and be a whole lot shorter) if Tolkien didn't write so many descriptive passages of the scenery!

Yeah.. the descriptive passages of the scenery got to be a bit.

And thats what I always hear them referred to as.

I watched the movies though (in one sitting, that was a feat)

Anyways work time...time to give some drunken bogans their fry fix

-- off topic --

Hello Apples... just wanted to pop in and say hi. I've been swamped at work lately and pulling a lot of late hours so I haven't been posting. You've been getting up to all sorts! I love the stories of first loves and highschool antics!

Anyway, just saying hi. :flowers2:

What's with the poetry thing? I've seen it mentioned in a couple of threads but can't be bothered going to investigate...

Is it just poetry, or poetry about Mika?

Poetry about Mika.

Some people got a little sensible but it was supposed to be an antidote to vixbbw's or whatever's thread about Mika -enter if you dare. They started to post Mika lovin' "poems" there. Too much! It had to be stopped. :ap_rosetinted:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15619

-- off topic --

Hello Apples... just wanted to pop in and say hi. I've been swamped at work lately and pulling a lot of late hours so I haven't been posting. You've been getting up to all sorts! I love the stories of first loves and highschool antics!

Anyway, just saying hi. :flowers2:

Busy my ass! Listening to too much bolt down music, I'll bet! :wink2:

Poetry about Mika.

Some people got a little sensible but it was supposed to be an antidote to vixbbw's or whatever's thread about Mika -enter if you dare. They started to post Mika lovin' "poems" there. Too much! It had to be stopped. :ap_rosetinted:

See, I don't even know what the other thread is about that it was an antidote to. But poetry is not my cup of tea really. I have some favourites from when I was made to study it at school, but I'm not really into it myself. Having said that... some song lyrics are merely poetry set to music, and I quite like a lot song lyrics... *is trying to decide whether to bother going to look*

See, I don't even know what the other thread is about that it was an antidote to. But poetry is not my cup of tea really. I have some favourites from when I was made to study it at school, but I'm not really into it myself. Having said that... some song lyrics are merely poetry set to music, and I quite like a lot song lyrics... *is trying to decide whether to bother going to look*

Well, let's just say I use the term poetry very loosely. I had had nearly a bottle of wine when I opened the thread. I am not good at poems. :naughty:

They weren't supposed to be intellectual even if I could do intellectual.:mf_rosetinted:

I hired out War & Peace tonight thanks to you. :sneaky2:

The book or the film? :naughty:

To be honest I found the first book really boring and the second book only mildly interesting but the third book was so good it made reading the other two worth it. The Return of the King is a fantastic film but as a book it's even better IMO. :thumb_yello:

Poetry about Mika.

Did some people take your thread seriously? Because some of those posts don't sound ironic. :roftl: