Appleman, apples, cats, donuts, sarcasm, wizards (kind & fine), and WHATEVER part 4

Yoppappop

Well, let's just say I use the term poetry very loosely. I had had nearly a bottle of wine when I opened the thread. I am not good at poems. :naughty:

They weren't supposed to be intellectual even if I could do intellectual.:mf_rosetinted:

OK. so I went in and started reading and nearly choked on the biscuit I was eating cos I was PMSL so much. You could warn a girl!

Caution: This thread may be hazardous to your health. Do not open whilst eating!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The book or the film? :naughty:

To be honest I found the first book really boring and the second book only mildly interesting but the third book was so good it made reading the other two worth it. The Return of the King is a fantastic film but as a book it's even better IMO. :thumb_yello:

Did some people take your thread seriously? Because some of those posts don't sound ironic. :roftl:

I think they did. I didn't have the heart to say anything. If they think my poetry was genuine.......I'm lost for words. hahaha:naughty:

For sugar, read alcohol. :thumb_yello:

Oh! Good idea!! *grabs bottle of Baileys*

That too... just reminiscing about my days as a whitney young child!

:roftl:

The book or the film? :naughty:

Film.. Audrey Hepburn.. I will attempt to watch it tomorrow with a Banana cake thanks to chickadee.

See, I don't even know what the other thread is about that it was an antidote to. But poetry is not my cup of tea really. I have some favourites from when I was made to study it at school, but I'm not really into it myself. Having said that... some song lyrics are merely poetry set to music, and I quite like a lot song lyrics... *is trying to decide whether to bother going to look*

sorry to keep on sneaking a peek in this sacred place (i'll whisper so as not to disturb the apple cart), but...your really MUST look, you will be inspired and refreshed.:naughty:

Well, let's just say I use the term poetry very loosely. I had had nearly a bottle of wine when I opened the thread. I am not good at poems. :naughty:

They weren't supposed to be intellectual even if I could do intellectual.:mf_rosetinted:

no maybe not Babs but you can tell you meant them from your bottom.........................................................................

..................................................................................

..................................................................................

...........................................................................................................................................................

I meant the bottom of your fart...er I mean heart :naughty:

no maybe not Babs but you can tell you meant them from your bottom.........................................................................

...........................................................................................................................................................

I meant the bottom of your fart...er I mean heart :naughty:

Ah! You know me so well!

Oh! Good idea!! *grabs bottle of Baileys*

Speaking of which, will Friday involve alcohol? Should we pitch in for a bottle of caramel Bailey's? :naughty:

Film.. Audrey Hepburn.. I will attempt to watch it tomorrow with a Banana cake thanks to chickadee.

Oh, I rented the 7-hour TV mini-series with Clemence Poesy instead.

Speaking of which, will Friday involve alcohol? Should we pitch in for a bottle of caramel Bailey's? :naughty:

I believe that should've been a statement, not a question. :naughty:

"Speaking of which, Friday WILL involve alcohol. We SHOULD pitch in for a bottle of Caramel Bailey's. :mf_rosetinted:"

Oh, I rented the 7-hour TV mini-series with Clemence Poesy instead.

I don't have that sort of patience. :naughty:

I believe that should've been a statement, not a question. :naughty:

"Speaking of which, Friday WILL involve alcohol. We SHOULD pitch in for a bottle of Caramel Bailey's. :mf_rosetinted:"

That settles it then, we'll grab one on Friday. :cheerful_h4h:

see babs, when i saw the title of the thread and your name as the starter, i just HAD to read it. babspanky and poetry rimes, but somehow doesn't fit together! i never enjoyed poetry in my life, but some of those are funny. of course, i can't do sarcastic as well as some ... but i did my best lol :naughty: my suggestion to you is have another bottle and let the artist in you wild and free!!! lol

Battle of the poetic meters?! Seriously guys??? :roftl:

You just lost whatever "cool" points you gained with all the talk of teenage rebellion. yellow_loser.gif

And Christine was making fun of my skipping class and going to the library!

Anyway, the poetry thread is hilaaaarious, babs! :thumb_yello:

Oh, and heya Zoots!

--Jack

Hey Apples! Long time, no post. A lot of real life rubbish has kept me away, but I can't wait to catch up. I hope you are all doing well, and enjoying the summer. It's good to see that Mika is still alive. Then again, I'm sure someone would have notified me if he wasn't.

don't wanna ruin the jolly mood in the poetry thread, so I'll post my latest one here instead :blink:

"so what did you expect?" they say

he's gonna write a blog each day

and we're official anyway

so why do you complain?

well I expected "not a lot"

and that's exactly what I got

when even open doors are shut

there's nothing much to gain

So why the disappointment then?

he never promised where and when

what never started cannot end

so wipe away that frown

but I'm fed up with may and might

don't promise what you can't provide

don't say I'm wrong, I know I'm right

don't treat me like a clown

don't wanna ruin the jolly mood in the poetry thread, so I'll post my latest one here instead :blink:

so why do you complain?

so wipe away that frown

This is just brilliant.

Night night...I thought the regulars in this thread would appreciate the Tshirt that I am making to wear (hopefully!) to Paris:

lukie.jpg

:naughty::thumb_yello::wub2:

:lmfao:

GREAT!!!:naughty:

(see? not only regulars:naughty:)

Battle of the poetic meters?! Seriously guys??? :roftl:

You just lost whatever "cool" points you gained with all the talk of teenage rebellion. yellow_loser.gif

And Christine was making fun of my skipping class and going to the library!

Anyway, the poetry thread is hilaaaarious, babs! :thumb_yello:

Oh, and heya Zoots!

--Jack

What a good thing i never had any cool points to lose. Never have been cool, never will be.

so why do you complain?

so wipe away that frown

You're actually displaying quite a talent for this Kata. This is a particularly lovely piece of genius.