Appleman, apples, cats, donuts, sarcasm, wizards (kind & fine), and WHATEVER part 4

Yoppappop

Jack and Mana- it wasn't that long ago that you were a teen!

Oh, I know. But this is why I mostly want to hear your, Christine's, babs', and anyone else who isn't in their 20s stories. It's much more fun to hear about teenagers in the 70s and 80s.

I started to clean up my act when a few more momentous and significant events made me realize that I wasn't happy with the person I became.

I can't really imagine our sweet Candy Apple plotting conquests. :naughty:

And I agree with Christine, I'm pretty sure people are more tame now... the internet is distracting, parents are more permissive, kids are more interested in image than action, plus honestly if they care about grades and colleges at all, their schoolwork is extremely demanding.

Then again, C, the kind of kids who'd be sneaking out a lot and drinking and doing E and getting involved with bad-news misunderstood-artsy guys wouldn't be spending their time posting on MFC. :bleh:

--Jack

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I created a pretend permission form that our class was going to DisneyWorld. Florida.

I went during Spring Break and my parents believed it was a legitimate field trip.

I created a pretend permission form that our class was going to DisneyWorld. Florida.

I went during Spring Break and my parents believed it was a legitimate field trip.

:shocked::lmfao:

Wowwww you were one badass Suzy :lol3:

Ooo Suzy that must have just about done your poor Dad in!!

TThankfully, I was considered "under age" ,so this act of stupidity was erased - I stole a Christian Dior eyeliner pencil from the drugstore to see if I could get away with it. I had over $300 of my own money in my wallet. The plain-dressed security guard, followed me all the way to the food court where I met my dad....and my dad met him. :boxed::thumbdown:

Nothing too terrible to report about my own teenage years. But having a father who wrote a book on sex was interesting:naughty: It got stolen from the library.

How mortifying for you! :naughty:

:roftl:

To this day I will never spend any time with a man I'm not interested in unless it's strictly platonic. I'm pretty cold that way and a guy would have to be very oblivious not to take the hint so I've rarely found myself in awkward situations.

I've always been very much like that, but found myself thinking in times of man drought, "give them a chance, they might grow on me"

Trust me girls, this never happened. If I didn't like them at the start, I ended up loathing them.

Candy Apple! No wonder you are sweet now! Making up time!:naughty:

Then again, C, the kind of kids who'd be sneaking out a lot and drinking and doing E and getting involved with bad-news misunderstood-artsy guys wouldn't be spending their time posting on MFC. :bleh:

But what's surprising to me is that there are kids like that anywhere, not just on MFC. Seriously when I was a teen, no one behaved themselves. It wasn't like I hung around with the exceptionally wild crowd and I was often more conservative than many of my friends.

Everyone - and I mean everyone - drank, skipped school, lied to their parents and teachers on a regular basis, etc. Your entire personal life revolved around your peers. You rarely spent time with adults and school was just an inconvenience getting in the way of socializing and chasing boys.

But what's surprising to me is that there are kids like that anywhere, not just on MFC. Seriously when I was a teen, no one behaved themselves. It wasn't like I hung around with the exceptionally wild crowd and I was often more conservative than many of my friends.

Everyone - and I mean everyone - drank, skipped school, lied to their parents and teachers on a regular basis, etc. Your entire personal life revolved around your peers. You rarely spent time with adults and school was just an inconvenience getting in the way of socializing and chasing boys.

That's still how it is now. However, I think most (maybe even all) the teenagers on MFC don't do any of that. We're a different breed or something. :naughty:

That's why I like coming on here, because I never feel pressured on here. It's just the "outside world"...

okay, forgive me. i have never been in this thread before nor know what its about. so i figured i would check it out!

It's a very Luke-friendly environment in here. I think you'll like it. :wink2:

okay, forgive me. i have never been in this thread before nor know what its about. so i figured i would check it out!

Get out!

:naughty:

Hey.

Mwhahahaha, we've captured two young 'uns!

We used to have a double pottery lesson on Friday afternoons directly after lunch, so we used to spend the lunch hour drinking cider through straws (because we were told it was more potent that way) and go back to school and 'create' things in pottery. Age - 15 to 16. I got a fair grade in my exam too!

hey hey! that's no way to play. just because your older doesn't mean you get your way.

haha, sorry. that was my school's theme song in kindergarten :lmao:

That was your school's theme song? ....:lmfao:

That's sad :roftl:

Age - 15 to 16. I got a fair grade in my exam too!

Wow, good for you! :roftl:

I had completely dropped out by age 16. My grade in physics was 34 (out of 100) and I didn't bother to sit the final exam, so I ended up with a 17 for the year. :boxed:

Seems I was altogether just way too tame. I was even called a "goody-goody" by some of the badass girls. Not that I ever did anything to them, it was more that I didn't ever do anything.

Until I got to University anyway. Then things became much more exciting.

And my sister and brother were always pushing the envelope more than I ever did. So my parents got broken in to random teenage behaviour more slowly than average I guess.

I was a bit like Christine, too picky. I hardly ever went out with the guys I liked and didn't like to compromise. Occasionally I would go out with guys purely because they asked me and because they liked me. But I used to know really early on, that it woudn't work, it used to make me feel sick even to be with them if I didn't like them.

Oh yes, me too, except like Christine I wouldn't (and still don't!) go out with anyone I wasn't into. Which would explain the fact that I've been on very few dates in my life. I went through a brief phase where I thought I ought to at least agree to one date with anyone I didn't find repulsive, for chance's sake (and to be nice), but... like you, that just makes me feel sick and nervous, so I stopped it.

Although I certainly wasn't asked out much in high school. (Only once, by my best friend, in fact.) I had been a pretty enough child, but I was a mousy, skinny teenager (not model-skinny but figure-like-a-12-year-old-boy skinny) for most of my teen years, and I had bad skin and greasy hair that I didn't wash often enough, and glasses, and dressed as nondescript as possible. Basically the complete nerd stereotype. :naughty:

Although I knew I could look better if I tried, but I didn't feel like it... I didn't think most of the people I knew then were worth the effort. My favorite stories were always ugly duckling stories, so I would sometimes look at myself in the mirror and think "sometime later, when I choose to, I'll make myself over and surprise everybody! I can be really pretty but nobody knows it." Hah. For some reason I really liked the fact that nobody knew.

For me - I see them trying a lot more things now, at a younger age, than

I would ever have done. And its not out of defiance a lot of the time, its

almost seen as normal!! :shocked:

Oh yes, I mean, some things are happening earlier, but they're pretty harmless things and have more to do with cultural norms. Kids just don't do hardcore rebellion like they used to.

You know as long as they don't get thrown in jail there won't be any irreparable harm from most teenage exploits. I think the parents are the ones who are traumatized during the teenage years, not the teenagers. :naughty:

Yup. My parents treated the idea of teenage exploits with a kind of disdainful acceptance, and that was partly why I didn't do anything. Parental values do matter. For me what worked, I think, was not what my parents forbid--in fact, I can't recall them ever forbidding anything per se--(I was recently talking about this with my dad, and he said "if we'd have had to forbid you anything, that would just have shown that we'd already failed" or something like that) but what they emphasized: ie, intelligence, respect for yourself, etc. They had always treated mainstream teenage rebellion with such bemused condescension, that to do it would have been absolutely counterproductive.

That's the problem with European intellectuals--you try to rebel, and they're like, "honey, that's just so blase!"

Mind you, I'm pretty sure if I'd actually snuck out at night anywhere, there'd have been some forbidding in a hurry!

:

My niece is at the age I was when I started getting up to all sorts and I can't imagine her acting the same. But maybe it's just the blindness we all have about the kids in our lives.

Well to be fair, kids return the favor. :naughty: They never think that anybody over 30 could have done the stuff they are doing...

Whoa. That's pretty badass Suzy... it would have gotten you top marks in badass if you'd gone somewhere less wholesome than Disneyworld though. :naughty:

--Jack