Appleman, apples, cats, donuts, sarcasm, wizards (kind & fine), and WHATEVER part 4

Yoppappop

Not even urban dictionary was able to help me this time but I get the "spritual meaning" of what you are saying!!!:naughty:

:wub2:

She means: blahblah.gif:doh:

Well its a good thing I've got about 7 layers on in this over-air conditioned corporate environment. Don't have any doors to close though...so I might draw a little attention if I lose more than 3 rounds. :naughty:

:naughty: Can we play Go Fish instead? Or SNAP!??

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The bottle got tossed out the window..

Strip poker now. :das:

*Shuffles cards*

I hate that game. I always lose in normal poker and it's fine because it's just for fun but losing at strip poker has consequences. :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

Not even urban dictionary was able to help me this time but I get the "spritual meaning" of what you are saying!!!:naughty:

:wub2:

There's a definition over here. :thumb_yello: Basically it just means to embarrass yourself. It usually refers to speech but I also often do things like falling flat on my face on the pavement (as the Aussies witnessed when we met up). :blush-anim-cl:

The bottle got tossed out the window..

Strip poker now. :das:

*Shuffles cards*

That reminds me of another teenage exploit - one involving a small house party, some rum, and the urge to play strip poker.

Only, everyone was too drunk to actually remember how to play poker, so we played strip Go Fish instead. It's all very simple; you get a pair, and you use your pair to "buy" an article of someone's clothing. :das:

Yes, my formative years were a bit messed up. :roftl:

I have a 7 year old. I cannot play Go Fish anymore than I have to. Just like I can't stand to play Barbies.:thumbdown:

But I'd love to play Boggle...(or Scrabble or Pictionary)

*Actually - I can't even play now...gotta really work - HAve fun playing games without me, though. *waves bubbye*

Only, everyone was too drunk to actually remember how to play poker, so we played strip Go Fish instead.

That's gold. :roftl:

Strip Pictionary sounds more like my kind of game. :roftl:

Ciao, Suzy!

That reminds me of another teenage exploit - one involving a small house party, some rum, and the urge to play strip poker.

Only, everyone was too drunk to actually remember how to play poker, so we played strip Go Fish instead. It's all very simple; you get a pair, and you use your pair to "buy" an article of someone's clothing. :das:

Yes, my formative years were a bit messed up. :roftl:

Classic!!!!! :bow:

I have a 7 year old. I cannot play Go Fish anymore than I have to. Just like I can't stand to play Barbies.:thumbdown:

*Actually - I can't even play now...gotta really work - HAve fun playing games without me, though. *waves bubbye*

Scrabble!!

See ya tomorrow. I'm going to bed in 15 minutes!!

(or so I tell myself)

Well... we could play Truth or Dare???

Yessssss.. We could.

How would one play strip pictionary :naughty:

Whoever guesses the picture gets to "buy" an item of clothing off someone else

Sounds good. Who's first? :roftl:

:lmfao:

There's a definition over here. :thumb_yello: Basically it just means to embarrass yourself. It usually refers to speech but I also often do things like falling flat on my face on the pavement (as the Aussies witnessed when we met up). :blush-anim-cl:

I've done that too, tripped over the edge of the pavement and found myself flying trough the air like superman, not such a beautiful landing though!:roftl:

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the link, it goes straight to my bookmarks, that is going to be a useful site!:thumb_yello:

I've done that too, tripped over the edge of the pavement and found myself flying trough the air like superman, not such a beautiful landing though!:roftl:

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the link, it goes straight to my bookmarks, that is going to be a useful site!:thumb_yello:

That's exactly what happened to me. I ended up greeting Kelzy with blood on my hands and with scraped knees, but thankfully I don't think she really noticed. :naughty: (Did you Kelz, or were you too busy boffing? :fisch:)

You're welcome. :thumb_yello:

I fell off the deck in front of my own house today, cleaning up before the TV guys came for the mango interview (as opposed to the one you watched. No the mangoes are not related to the boobs in this instance:naughty:).

So I can relate to the pain of the scraped knees, and my whole body aches from landing on the concrete from a height. I think I will wake up very stiff and sore tomorrow.

And Kelzy if you reeeeally want a knitted boob, they are made by a group of older women in Western Australia. Knitted in outback WA for the lactation consultants of the world. You can get them in football colours too. Can you just imagine them all at their "knit and chat" groups, making boobs.:naughty:

You can get them in football colours too. Can you just imagine them all at their "knit and chat" groups, making boobs.:naughty:

Old Woman #1: I prefer knitting Collingwood boobs.

Old Women #2-13: Boo! Hiss!

Old Woman #2: Back in my day Carlton boobs were the most popular.

Old Woman #3: Now it's these ruddy new Brisbane Lions boobs.

:roftl:

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Go Collingwood. (not that I watch footy from this distance)

That's exactly what happened to me. I ended up greeting Kelzy with blood on my hands and with scraped knees, but thankfully I don't think she really noticed. :naughty: (Did you Kelz, or were you too busy boffing? :fisch:)

Too busy >> :mf_boff: 'ing

I think you said you'd done it and I said this will make you feel better then *zhhz*

And you borrowed my tweezers to get pavement out of your palm.

I fell off the deck in front of my own house today, cleaning up before the TV guys came for the mango interview (as opposed to the one you watched. No the mangoes are not related to the boobs in this instance).

And Kelzy if you reeeeally want a knitted boob, they are made by a group of older women in Western Australia. Knitted in outback WA for the lactation consultants of the world. You can get them in football colours too. Can you just imagine them all at their "knit and chat" groups, making boobs.

Thanks. I noticed how much they look like the beanies mum knits. I think I can convince her to make one for me. :naughty:

:lmfao:

Too busy >> :mf_boff: 'ing

I think you said you'd done it and I said this will make you feel better then *zhhz*

And you borrowed my tweezers to get pavement out of your palm.

Yes, the Magical Melzy Tweezers came to the rescue at the apartment, but I had stopped bleeding by that point. A gruesome welcome at any rate. :naughty:

Yes, the Magical Melzy Tweezers came to the rescue at the apartment, but I had stopped bleeding by that point. A gruesome welcome at any rate. :naughty:

:roftl: One I'll never forget!

I think I'd practically packed a full first aid kit. I had the tweezers, bandaids, cotton buds, cotton balls, lucas' papaw ointment (which is great for so many things), magazines ft. sudoku.. *zhhz*

I like to be prepared. :naughty:

You recall yesterday we were talking about my work, well, today I was sent a link to my interview for spinshell TV...

I appear for just a few minutes at about 2:42.... none of you (except soangel) have ever met me, so you don't even know what I sound/look like...so here you go.:naughty:

http://spinshell.tv/report/flv/expecting2.m4v

Edit: I found it on youtube too....didn't even know it was there!

Thanks for telling us about that Blue Sky. I watched it this morning. I noticed you laughed a lot. Are you generally a person who laughs a lot, or is it simply when you're talking about knitted boobs on T.V. that you laugh?

While i was at welfare today, during one of the periods when we had no clients and we were just sitting around chatting we were talking about knitting, cos one of the workers makes all these hats and blankets and scarves for us to give out to people and we were talking about her making some in football colours and I just had to tell her about the knitted boobs in footy colours!!

I'm bored so I may as well share my story too.

I think that my upbringing was different to many of yours - my parents are religious and conservative and my older sister is like a second mother and influences them a lot. She was and still is a complete square - school captain, dux/valedictorian of her highschool class, graduated in the the top of her university class, has a high-paying job, never goes out, never does anything 'bad', never disobeys, - so I've had a lot of trouble fighting for permission to do things because my parents give my sister as an example of not "needing" to do the things that I want to do. In my early teen years I hung out with the popular girls and "rebelled" (in a softcore way e.g. getting detentions, wearing make-up, chasing boys etc.). But my behaviour and grades continued to deteriorate so my parents decided to separate me from my friends and moved me from the co-ed class to the all girl class. For the next few years I moved from one social group to another but never really fit in anywhere, I also had a couple of 'boyfriends' but never really liked any of them either (like I said before I only settled for them because I wasn't pretty and didn't think I could do much better). Around 16, though, I befriended a girl who had a big impact on my life. She was beautiful but smart so both the popular girls and the nerds shunned her - I guess we were both 'floater's in the social pool so we gravitated towards each other. We quickly became very close and for about two years we had a very intense friendship. People were jealous of her so they said and did nasty things to her, so we cut ourselves off from everyone and existed in our own little world. We read books, listened to music, wrote poetry and fiction and riled against "the system" - it was a very stereotypically teen angtsy but creative time. I was very tame during those days and was satisfied with a night in with a good book or spending time with my friend. Those years were formative for me and had a big impact on the person I am now - everything from the philosophies we came across in our readings to the lyrics of the music we liked to the discussions we had of how the world works. What I didn't realise at the time, though, was that it was in more ways than one - I was in love with my friend but was in such deep denial that I didn't realise it until years later after we had parted and the feelings had long since faded. In the last year of highschool I had a lot of pressure on me from parents and teachers to perform well like my sister so I made the decision to spend less time with my friend - it broke my heart to do it but I thought it was for "the greater good". Ever since my friend and I still keep in touch (I'm even helping her organise her wedding) but it's not the same as it used to be. Then came university which also changed my life - most people in my course are nerdy privately-educated goody-two-shoes but there's a small group of misfits who mix with people from other courses that I got involved with. That's how I met my first real boyfriend, which was both a good and bad experience - he helped me to finally accept my bisexuality but his arrogance and cheating ways have tainted my opinion of men. For the first two years of university (i.e. the last two years of my teens) I made up for 'lost time' and did things I never had the guts to do before. However, after I turned 20 I decided to break up with those friends because that was no longer how I wanted to be: 1) they were moving into illegal territories, and 2) I didn't want to lie and live a double life any more, I did everything behind my parents' backs because there was no way that they would approve, and I was tired of it. That's also why I ended a brief relationship I had with a woman last summer - there was no way that I could tell my family but I didn't want to go on lying and hurting people. So since then I've been very well-behaved again. I recently reconnected with my more tame friends but they disapprove of my "lifestyle" (they speak as if it's my own choosing). I have no use for people who think themselves superior to me, so I'm a friendless social floater yet again. But I turn 21 next year and I'm thinking of moving out (or at least dreaming of it because for now it doesn't look financially feasible) so who knows what'll come next.

And that's enough narcissism for now.

Interesting to hear your story STT. "Floaters in the social pool". Loved that description. There's a fair bit to digest in there, I'm not going to try to psychoanalyse you or anything, but I'm trying to put the new pieces into the puzzle and rearrange the old ones.

Chicky, I tend to call myself a "prude" too, btw, but I use it in a descriptive sense rather than a judgmental one (like how I used the word "slut" earlier). I mean, in some respects I am one (less now but I definitely used to be), so why not say so? My peers didn't really give me much trouble about it--I mean, some would make silly remarks, but really, it's not like anyone looked down on me for it or made fun of me.

Although in college, when one of my male friends found out that I'd never had sex, he was really funny because he said something like "Really? I mean, you're not at all bad looking! I would do you if you wanted, you know." And I was like, "Uhm, it's not like I haven't had sex yet because I was ugly and no one wanted to, you know. I'm fine the way I am, thanks."

I do think it's odd that several of you have cited feeling like you weren't pretty as the reason why you went out with guys you did not much like. I never thought I was great-looking, but I still felt that there was no point to go out with anyone I didn't like a lot... and I never felt I had to compromise on who I liked either. I'm still quite content to flirt with people who I consider out of my league looks-wise, because hey, sometimes they flirt back, and even if I think they're way too pretty for me, why should I mind if they seem not to see that? :naughty:

And honestly I've been surprised by how often someone I think is too attractive to pay attention to me returns my interest anyway.

Which is why I told Christine that I want the next boy I date to be super-hot, of the kind where I just stare at him and think "god you're so beautiful!" It's not like I'm in that league, but I've gotten the attention of guys like that before, so you know, aim high, right? :naughty:

--Jack

In the musical "A Chorus Line" (in the movie version) the second verse of one of the songs goes like this...

Mother always said I'd be very attractive when I grew up, when I grew up.

"Different" she said "with a special something and a very, very personal flair."

And though I was 8 or 9, though I was 8 or 9, though I was 8 or 9.... I hated her.

Well, different is nice but it sure isn't pretty. Pretty is what it's about.

I never met any one who was different who couldn't figure that out.

So beautiful I'd never live to see...

Anyway, my mother tells me that I was a very confident child. I was intelligent, and had a small degree of musical talent. And I didn't know then that I wasn't pretty. I'm not sure when I realised it, and I'm not sure that it's the only thing that battered my self-confidence, but at some stage I stopped believing that I was worth any particularly attractive guy paying attention to me.

In Year 11, there were only two girls in my physics class, including me. One of the guys who sat near me picked up a book I was reading at the time, the autobiography of Bob Geldof. He flicked through it and stopped at random on one of the few semi-salacious parts of the book, where Bob is describing his visit to a brothel (or something, I don't really remember) somewhere in Asia (again, I've forgotten). He read some of it and then began teasing me about reading a sex book and hassling my boyfriend who sat on the other side of the room and implying that we got up to all sorts of things with each other. (this is the same boyfriend I couldn't bring myself to kiss) He made me feel so low, so ugly and depraved. Like no-one would ever want to do anything remotely sexual with me. That stayed with me for a very long time. I still get upset by the memory. Yes, I know I'm one of these over-sensitive types, and I'm pretty sure he never meant me to feel like that. It was something I internalised because of other things in my life, but they all came together to create that feeling.

So, when you really don't think much of yourself, you don't always make the best choices when it comes to dating.

Chickadee, I laugh a lot.

My breastfeeding class is a riot. In the evaluations at the end of my class, people often write how they never expected breastfeeding to be such an entertaining subject. (I love my work!):naughty:

I maybe didn't mention that they edited the interview so that the first half was last and the second half came first. After the link went out in an email yesterday (which was how I received it, they didn't tell us it was up) I got a rush of bookings for my classes. Which was particularly funny because the person who sent the email was the really boring girl at the end of the interview!!

Chickadee, I laugh a lot.

My breastfeeding class is a riot. In the evaluations at the end of my class, people often write how they never expected breastfeeding to be such an entertaining subject. (I love my work!):naughty:

I maybe didn't mention that they edited the interview so that the first half was last and the second half came first. After the link went out in an email yesterday (which was how I received it, they didn't tell us it was up) I got a rush of bookings for my classes. Which was particularly funny because the person who sent the email was the really boring girl at the end of the interview!!

You must have the most amazing profession!:thumb_yello:

To meet mothers in this precious situation and be able to help them to figure out how to breastfeed, which is so important, both for the mother and the baby, fantastic!

How are you feeling today after your little meeting with the concrete yesterday?:wink2:

The girl in the end, poor girl, :roftl:I really hope she is better on teaching yoga than to talk about it!:naughty:

In Year 11, there were only two girls in my physics class, including me. One of the guys who sat near me picked up a book I was reading at the time, the autobiography of Bob Geldof. He flicked through it and stopped at random on one of the few semi-salacious parts of the book, where Bob is describing his visit to a brothel (or something, I don't really remember) somewhere in Asia (again, I've forgotten). He read some of it and then began teasing me about reading a sex book and hassling my boyfriend who sat on the other side of the room and implying that we got up to all sorts of things with each other. (this is the same boyfriend I couldn't bring myself to kiss) He made me feel so low, so ugly and depraved. Like no-one would ever want to do anything remotely sexual with me. That stayed with me for a very long time. I still get upset by the memory. Yes, I know I'm one of these over-sensitive types, and I'm pretty sure he never meant me to feel like that. It was something I internalised because of other things in my life, but they all came together to create that feeling.

So, when you really don't think much of yourself, you don't always make the best choices when it comes to dating.

Wow! :shocked::boxed: That was pretty crummy of him. :thumbdown:

I guess when you're reading a book it's personal. And for him to read that out loud and let everyone hear the type of things you were reading and possibly even thinking about.. well, that was pretty damn cruel of him to do.

On the other side of the coin though, I bet none of them would remember it unless you reminded them.

Wow! :shocked::boxed: That was pretty crummy of him. :thumbdown:

I guess when you're reading a book it's personal. And for him to read that out loud and let everyone hear the type of things you were reading and possibly even thinking about.. well, that was pretty damn cruel of him to do.

On the other side of the coin though, I bet none of them would remember it unless you reminded them.

I don't know if I'd say cruel exactly (that word to me makes me think of people torturing kittens or something), it could have been so much worse. But it just mortified me at the time.

Funnily enough I brought it up with one of the guys who'd been in the class a few years later at a mutual friend's 21st birthday party and he had absolutely no recollection of what I was talking about. And I'd been stewing on it for 4 years!

I don't know if I'd say cruel exactly (that word to me makes me think of people torturing kittens or something), it could have been so much worse. But it just mortified me at the time.

Funnily enough I brought it up with one of the guys who'd been in the class a few years later at a mutual friend's 21st birthday party and he had absolutely no recollection of what I was talking about. And I'd been stewing on it for 4 years!

It's funny how people forget things we can't.

How are you feeling today after your little meeting with the concrete yesterday?:wink2:

The girl in the end, poor girl, :roftl:I really hope she is better on teaching yoga than to talk about it!:naughty:

My knee is sore, but recovering, thanks. The rest of me is, as predicted, quite stiff today, but nothing too serious.

The yoga girl on the video is actually a fabulous yoga teacher, she must have been overcome with nerves or something. I couldn't believe it. But maybe people can't believe that I find talking about knitted boobs funny. I don't know how you could actually talk about a knitted boob with a straight face. So I don't ever try. My sister (who also teaches breastfeeding classes in Australia) says in her class "Right, I'll just get my breast out" and half her class gasp. (She too has a knitted boob...much to the relief of the participants.)

Seen these ones before??

SumikoNogi.jpg