Whatever!!!!!

sparkly1

This is my random thread of WHATEVER its for anyone who get's hacked off with anything on MFC but doesn't like to be confrontational for WHATEVER reason, so you can just pop in here and say WHATEVER it's not for details of the who's what's or why's , its just a place to come in and say.... (and here's mine for today)

yeah yeah whatever! Talktothehand.gif

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my random thread of WHATEVER its for anyone who get's hacked off with anything on MFC but doesn't like to be confrontational for WHATEVER reasonCOLOR]

i dont see the point in being confrontational either...really :boxing:

whatever... whats the best brand of wasabi? i've heard that the one we have in europe is not the same they have in japan, apparently it's made with another plant, very similar one , but not the same:shocked:

wasabikiss.jpg

that poor man he never wins LOL!

He has done a couple of times, actually - sometimes he seems to get bored of pretending to be a doofus and actually says something intelligent XD

i dont see the point in being confrontational either...really :boxing:

whatever... whats the best brand of wasabi? i've heard that the one we have in europe is not the same they have in japan, apparently it's made with another plant, very similar one , but not the same:shocked:

Wikipedia says:

"Wasabi is generally sold either in the form of a root (real wasabi), which must be very finely grated before use, or as a ready-to-use paste (horseradish, mustard and food coloring), usually in tubes approximately the size and shape of travel toothpaste tubes...

"Almost all sushi bars in America and Japan serve imitation (seiyō) wasabi because authentic wasabi is usually expensive, but it is becoming widely available even in the United States. Wasabi loses much of its flavor if exposed to air for even a short time, so genuine powdered wasabi, while it does exist, typically contains horseradish and other ingredients to approximate the nasal spiciness of fresh wasabi. Because of this, most powders use no real wasabi and instead turn to just horseradish, mustard seed, and green food coloring (sometimes Spirulina)."

Doesn't mention Europe, but I think it pretty much explains any ingredient differences. So, the best wasabi would probably be made with some actual wasabi root, but Google failed me when I tried to look for some like that. Gourmet Britain says: "It's probably better to buy wasabi as a powder and mix it to a paste with water (in a similar style to English mustard) - it will keep its flavour much longer."

That's all I know, I'm afraid!

"Almost all sushi bars in America and Japan serve imitation (seiyō) wasabi because authentic wasabi is usually expensive, but it is becoming widely available even in the United States. Wasabi loses much of its flavor if exposed to air for even a short time, so genuine powdered wasabi, while it does exist, typically contains horseradish and other ingredients to approximate the nasal spiciness of fresh wasabi. Because of this, most powders use no real wasabi and instead turn to just horseradish, mustard seed, and green food coloring (sometimes Spirulina)."

gourmet britain,lol...anyway that's exactly what i was looking for and what i feared, we all use IMITATIONS, here or in japan HORSERADISH was the name i couldnt remember...thanx! i use those toothpaste tubes and i've read 4567different ones, and none of them is made with the real wasabi roots, but with horseradish, is it real wasabi roots where you live for instance or horseradish/green colouring?