MFC - Officialness Update

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect he'll wait 'il I'm halfway up a motorway, seemed to know I was a courier BEFORE he found out my name.LOL!

I thought the announcement was ready, just waiting for Jerry to getting around to posting it. Maybe Mika does want to add to it, we'll see.

I think the latest update is that Fred will post it when he has gotten final approval from Jerry and Mika.

The waiting is almost comical now. "It's this day. Nope, just kidding. Top of the week! Kidding again. End of the week! Suckers, now Mika's in China!" *shakes head*

:

maybe they mean "top of the month ... or top of the year ... or top of the ....":shocked: Aaaaggghhhh!!!!:insane::newyear:

Have you tried sitting down and presumably sitting still while Mika's on????

People were sitting down at the reserved seating show in Vancouver. During the slower songs, some people got up and some people wanted to keep sitting. It was very weird.

At least everyone got up off their a**es during Lollipop. :naughty:

Yes, the waiting is quite exciting. Secretly sneaking in while being at work, I never did that before. :naughty:

And I'm sure we can think of something to moan about.

We have to, why else would I bother lurking here without a second album or new gigs. :newyear:

Oh, oh, watch out!:roftl:

This is how it starts....this madness slowly crawls into every aspect of your life!:naughty:

:thumb_yello:

maybe they mean "top of the month ... or top of the year ... or top of the ....":shocked: Aaaaggghhhh!!!!:insane::newyear:

Maybe he was just being all polite in an Irish manner and meant to say "to o' the mornin' to ya" and they all mistook it's meaning :newyear::naughty:

I suspect he'll wait 'il I'm halfway up a motorway, seemed to know I was a courier BEFORE he found out my name.LOL!

I thought the announcement was ready, just waiting for Jerry to getting around to posting it. Maybe Mika does want to add to it, we'll see.

maybe he's one of your customers.. :naughty:

I really hope it is some time this week as i am off work til a week on tuesday. So guess what i'll be doing for the next week. I'll end up with square eyes and a huge bum .:roftl:

I already have a huge bum...Which I should really, really be doing something about, but I am not finding the motivation.

Bad girl:naughty: .

Have you tried sitting down and presumably sitting still while Mika's on????

I have never been anywhere near a seat at a Mika concert, but that's going to change on his next North American tour. That's why it's important, IMO, that the front rows are stacked with hardcore fans. None of us will be sitting, no doubt about that. :thumb_yello:

I have never been anywhere near a seat at a Mika concert, but that's going to change on his next North American tour. That's why it's important, IMO, that the front rows are stacked with hardcore fans. None of us will be sitting, no doubt about that. :thumb_yello:

...And if the front rows are standing, the rest will have to do the same in order to be able to see what's going on, so it really works as a strategy to get the place rocking:mf_lustslow:.

It really works to Mika's advantage to get the front rows full of hardcore "usses":roftl:.

I honestly can't wait til something similar happens here; I'm not happy to queue for days, just to get a "chance" of fighting some crazy people who think all is fair in love, war, and Mika gigs, in order to get to the front in massive venues.

So, it's either that, or I'll be seeing a lot of the US and Canada in the next few years:mf_rosetinted:.

...And if the front rows are standing, the rest will have to do the same in order to be able to see what's going on, so it really works as a strategy to get the place rocking:mf_lustslow:.

Yes that's the idea. I went to the Air Canada Centre last year to see The Police and Barenaked Ladies. The ACC is a seated arena, about 25,000 people. I was 8th row and 10th row respectively and spent the entire time standing because everyone in front of me was standing as well.

I bought my tickets through a presale and so did everyone around me. It works for the fans and the artists.

The boring people can sit up in the stands. :naughty:

So, it's either that, or I'll be seeing a lot of the US and Canada in the next few years:mf_rosetinted:.

All aboard the Mika Fan Club mini tour bus! :yay::punk:

Yes that's the idea. I went to the Air Canada Centre last year to see The Police and Barenaked Ladies. The ACC is a seated arena, about 25,000 people. I was 8th row and 10th row respectively and spent the entire time standing because everyone in front of me was standing as well.

I bought my tickets through a presale and so did everyone around me. It works for the fans and the artists.

The boring people can sit up in the stands. :naughty:

Ah, so it's not such a novel idea then? And here was I, thinking I'd discovered the wheel:roftl:.

I totally agree that this is best; having seats doesn't mean that you're expected to sit, it just means that you have your little space reserved.

Some "me space", out of other people's aggressive elbows, etc, and it removes the need for stupid queuing.

The times at which people have turned up for the Feb gigs have just become ridiculous, and I think it's high time that the type of venues are adapted to the new situation.

All aboard the Mika Fan Club mini tour bus! :yay::punk:

Oh, how much fun would that be? We could take a couple of months out, and be the "groupie bus", following the Big Mother Bus:roftl:

Ah, so it's not such a novel idea then? And here was I, thinking I'd discovered the wheel:roftl:.

I totally agree that this is best; having seats doesn't mean that you're expected to sit, it just means that you have your little space reserved.

Some "me space", out of other people's aggressive elbows, etc, and it removes the need for stupid queuing.

The times at which people have turned up for the Feb gigs have just become ridiculous, and I think it's high time that the type of venues are adapted to the new situation.

Oh, how much fun would that be? We could take a couple of months out, and be the "groupie bus", following the Big Mother Bus:roftl:

heh heh how awesome would that be, we could just park out bus outside the venue a week before each gig, just to go one better :naughty: in fact why bother with the gigs at all lets just spend a whole month queueing yeeeeaaaah :punk:rock n rollin'!!!

now THATS a gr8 idea :thumb_yello::naughty:a magical mikastry tour:punk:

I don't know about a couple of months but Suzy and I have been talking about getting a van like the one Mika arrived in at the Kool Haus and hitting up a few North American shows next time.

If he does a more extensive tour like he said he wanted to in Toronto we wouldn't have to go all the way across the continent or anything crazy. There should be quite a few shows in the northeast of Canada and the US.

If the next album does well in Canada he could have 4 or 5 shows just in Quebec and Ontario.

:naughty: No, this is why I've always been pro having an official fan club. This is one of the main benefits of most fan clubs and I hope since Jerry is in the industry in the US he's well aware of it.

Getting front row through general admission was great while it lasted, but it's becoming more trouble than it's worth. This is a good compromise and you can get the best of both worlds.

Suzy and I bought the first 5 tickets for the Kool Haus last time and if we buy the first 5 tickets at a future presale we should be in the front row too - minus all the freezing our buns off and battling with security and queue jumpers.

:naughty: No, this is why I've always been pro having an official fan club. This is one of the main benefits of most fan clubs and I hope since Jerry is in the industry in the US he's well aware of it.

Same here. If you look at what some other artists' official fan clubs have

in terms of "benefits" -- well, that's what I would want for us. Access to

primo tickets before the general public, *information* (about tours,

recordings, appearances, etc.) in advance of the general public, perhaps

giveaways... And given Jerry's history, artists he's worked with in the past,

I'm hopeful that we might have similar benefits here. :thumb_yello:

dcdeb

Same here. If you look at what some other artists' official fan clubs have

in terms of "benefits" -- well, that's what I would want for us. Access to

primo tickets before the general public, *information* (about tours,

recordings, appearances, etc.) in advance of the general public, perhaps

giveaways... And given Jerry's history, artists he's worked with in the past,

I'm hopeful that we might have similar benefits here. :thumb_yello:

dcdeb

Lets hope so, then the wait will have been worth while! :thumb_yello:

i think i'd be really happy even if we just had exclusive pre sale access. Where have pre sales been announced before on here?

Yeah, I think so. Well there was one last year for the LA gig