MFC - Officialness Update

LMAO LMAO

you are funny as a charachter

"the girl who never met mika"

hahaha, a bit like kenny from south park i suppose.

Mika is walking down the streets of London, and CazGirl, the girl who never met Mika happened to be in the right place at the right time. She sees him, her eyes widen in happiness and joy, a smile is splattered on her face. She drops her things as she runs across the road to greet him.

CazGirl: MIKA I LOVE - *gets run over*

Mika: Huh? :blink: *looks around, but sees nothing* Hmm...*carries on walking*

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he rang you didn't he?

Lily Allen made a personal MySpace bulletin when she cancelled a leg of her US tour. She even posted her doctor's note for everyone to see. But Mika picked up a phone and spoke to us directly.

I can see Pam's point of view because phoning 20 or 30 of us neglects the other 10,000 people who were going to those gigs who have no idea he rang anyone to personally apologize.

But if you're on the receiving end of that phone call you're not likely to think of Mika as an artist who never communicates with his fans.

yes I guess if you put it like that.

Lo sapevo. Per quello scrivo slang nell'Italian thread :D

:naughty: Ho bisogna di studiare di piu' questo "slang"!

But I was referring to your comment about Italian housewives before :wink2:

go look at my new thread in the chinwag section

oh sweetie i know you're not responsible. I have nothing bad to say about the mods, but mika's management could er....hurry up a bit lol!

Yeah. :)

But even if he reads the forum, he is not directly involved in our community and we can't expect him to quite grasp the impact some of the current circumstances have caused. No more than you would expect some of your friends or family to understand what all this MFC drama is about and what it means to you.

You know, that's true enough. Point well taken. :)

Well, maybe if he should happen to read this thread, or at least this

part of it, he'll have an inkling that this has become so much more than

just a "fan club forum" for some of us, even if we like to play cool

and pretend we're really above it all and not all that obsessed :naughty:

Like me, for instance, who could quit any time she wants... :wink2:

dcdeb

Mika is walking down the streets of London, and CazGirl, the girl who never met Mika happened to be in the right place at the right time. She sees him, her eyes widen in happiness and joy, a smile is splattered on her face. She drops her things as she runs across the road to greet him.

:thumbdown:Thats really sad, it means you never did get to meet him...not ever

Lily Allen made a personal MySpace bulletin when she cancelled a leg of her US tour. She even posted her doctor's note for everyone to see. But Mika picked up a phone and spoke to us directly.

I can see Pam's point of view because phoning 20 or 30 of us neglects the other 10,000 people who were going to those gigs who have no idea he rang anyone to personally apologize.

But if you're on the receiving end of that phone call you're not likely to think of Mika as an artist who never communicates with his fans.

i keep forgetting about that :roftl: but they way you say it makes it sound personal LMAO *i wish! xDDD*

and i know others didn't hear that but that wasn't his fault, and he did leave a personal message on myspace. again, i know not everyone is on myspace but he tried to get to people he could. and the ticket people managed to text everyone and update them on the news, and new dates were rapidly announced. it was a bloody good cancellation and i take my hat off to them for doing it sensitively and very kindly.

Well, maybe if he should happen to read this thread, or at least this

part of it, he'll have an inkling that this has become so much more than

just a "fan club forum" for some of us, even if we like to play cool

and pretend we're really above it all and not all that obsessed :naughty:

Like me, for instance, who could quit any time she wants... :wink2:

dcdeb

wish I could say the same...I have withdrawal symptoms if I don't get my MFC fix:naughty:

:roftl: :roftl:

i think im not the right person to talk about fans/artists relationships anyway to be honest for some reasons

but sorry christine but your aftergig made me lmao, have you honestly been to such aftergig before? its not what its all about normally, but again my exemple wouldnt fit in here, so really thats ok, i understand you think he is generous and stuff

but he texted you last night right?

:lmao::lmao:

the girl who never met mika should be your signature its very romanesque

the girl who never met mika should be your signature its very romanesque

hahahaha!

The Girl Who's Never Met Mika

No hope, no love, no glory

Happy Ending's gone forevermore

I....feel as I'm wasting....

Alllllllll my tiiiiiiime as faaaaan....

have you ever read my MFC script?

i wasnt being cynical i was talking about how i personally felt about it

and again yes i agree thats why i said im not waiting anything ON THE INTERNET

I understand why you feel that way. Even though I've been on the receiving end of some of Mika's personal attention, I think his energies would be better spent reaching out to his entire fanbase instead of catering to a relatively tiny number of hardcore fans.

He may have also avoided some of the problems that are starting to arise with people going to desperate lengths to grab that personal attention that is now being spread so thin.

I've heard some complaints that suggest there is a similar problem on stage as well as off. If you're in the front row or he jumps down in front of you or pulls you on stage, it is the experience of a life time. If you are not within eye contact distance you can feel like he's not connecting with the audience.

I think hardcore fans would have to take a real hit to allow Mika to reach out to a broader audience, on stage and off. I think what many of us are hoping for is that official fan club status is going to soften the blow and let us keep a little piece of Mika for ourselves no matter how big he gets to the outside world.

@caz, robertina is not famous to be sarcastic, she dislikes me and the whole world knows it. sarcasm is my second nature, i dont have any problems withthat at all.

Pam, I think you need to chill a bit, reading through this thread all I see is you harping on that you feel hard done by, get over it life has moved on, it really is something out of the school playground, act your age not your shoe size. At least some people on MFC are up front and honest, read other threads where some people have backs that are like second hand dartboards.

People have different views on any subject mentioned, we have a choice either to agree or to disagree, make a decision and say your piece, then move on.

I agree with what you've said Christine (just not gonna quote it). Edit: I should have quoted you cos the conversation has moved on. Damn it!

I was talking with Satya82 a couple of months ago. She's been a Hanson fan for a long time and she said that when Hanson are recording and not touring and there's not a lot going on with appearances or whatever, Hanson fans call those "drought years". And their fan club has had some attrition over time. Maybe the MFC will have some attrition. Who knows? I, personally, will still be a fan of Mika's regardless of what's happening with the MFC, but I know I'd much rather spend my wait for the new album etc hanging out with you guys on here and chatting about whatever, where I feel that we're all in the same boat and people can relate to where I'm coming from, than chewing my nails at home by myself waiting for the album (and possibly a tour *oh please God!*) where there is nobody I can share my feelings with who's going to get it. Even if we all get on here and bitch and moan, I don't mind. I know where you're coming from (generally) and why you may be feeling the way you do.

Oh, and not to scare anyone or anything, but I was reading the liner notes on my hubby's Def Leppard "The Vault" cd the other night and some of their albums took years (I'm not joking) to record. No touring in that time, just recording according to how this was written. We *hopefully* will have to wait only a matter of months and we already know that he's doing some European shows during your summer months. That's enough to keep my hopes up. I wonder what our attrition rate would be if we had to wait 3 years for the next album!

I've heard some complaints that suggest there is a similar problem on stage as well as off. If you're in the front row or he jumps down in front of you or pulls you on stage, it is the experience of a life time. If you are not within eye contact distance you can feel like he's not connecting with the audience.

true, but somehow i don't see Mika getting off stage, wading through the crowd to pull out some random people from the middle/back of the crowd LOL *was not meant to be sarcastic or harsh, i just don't see how Mika can do anything any different, unless he doesn't do it at all but sometimes i feel that takes the fun away, espesh. when HJ comes on stage!*

hahahaha!

What!!! You're the girl thats never met Mika. Really, didn't know that:roftl: :roftl:

BTW looooovveee your script

hahahaha!

no never, i know you introduced yourself as the MFC writer though...and god knows i read a lot but i just feel like an hostage with you i dont know, you know? like read me or i ll destroy you,lol, like some catchy hits on the radio you cant avoid and thats why you run away from them...but im sure its good if its like the lines above, it must be hilarious.

What!!! You're the girl thats never met Mika. Really, didn't know that:roftl: :roftl:

BTW looooovveee your script

ya never met him lol! and thanks!

no never, i know you introduced yourself as the MFC writer though...and god knows i read a lot but i just feel like an hostage with you i dont know, you know? like read me or i ll destroy you,lol, like some catchy hits on the radio you cant avoid and thats why you run away from them...but im sure its good if its like the lines above, it must be hilarious.

ohhhh i don't mean to shove it in people's faces lol and i apologise if i do!!! but i've got a lot of positive feedback from it and just like to put a smile on people's faces, and yes it's like the script i just wrote where i try and meet mika lol xDDD

Words of wisdom from weealx! Thanks for posting them, Vicky, but why

did you have to? He's not able to post now for some reason?

dcdeb

Hi Deb,

hope all is well with you, I asked for someone to post for me, because I am not clever enough to copy and paste, and try to find my way round, by the time I had written it hevalump was in bed, my resident help had deserted me. see you where I belong :thumb_yello:

true, but somehow i don't see Mika getting off stage, wading through the crowd to pull out some random people from the middle/back of the crowd LOL *was not meant to be sarcastic or harsh, i just don't see how Mika can do anything any different, unless he doesn't do it at all but sometimes i feel that takes the fun away, espesh. when HJ comes on stage!*

:shocked:

knowing mika fans, if he attempted to do that, he would land back on stage with no clothes on. :roftl:

i'm completely serious in this though lol.

:shocked:

knowing mika fans, if he attempted to do that, he would land back on stage with no clothes on. :roftl:

i'm completely serious in this though lol.

fair point. Or he'd be on the floor with everyone bundling on him. someone peeking at his underwear and screaming in the microphone "MIKA'S WEARING GREY UNDERPAAAAAAAAANTS!"