MFC - Officialness Update

Christine, you have worked with record companys right? If someone moves companies, do their artists move too?

No he is not Mika's agent, he is an employee of the record company. Mika's record deal is with the label, not with any particular individual.

I don't know for certain, but I would think that because they invested so much in developing Mika that he has a multiple-album deal with Universal and he could not leave at this stage without having a huge lawsuit on his hands.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's how I see it:

I don't expect special privaliges, and never really questioned what would happen. Us becoming official was always just a huge thing to celebrate because it symbolized our success etc... I honestly don't care what kind of advantages come from this, if any... It doesn't change things, I still would be an active member here.

The thing I'm most looking forward to about the "official" post...if it ever comes, is the fact that we'll be hearing something from mika or about mika etc... and we havn't gotten that for a few months. That's what I'm most excited about, the acknowledgment. In all honesty...

Reading this thread, I think we need to concentrate what was

actually suggested to Mika/his management - and not about what

we think we deserve or expect from the petition/officialness.

I have posted the original letter here - and it does not ask for lots

of special privileges etc - it was born out of frustration at lack of

information about cancellations, (not those that ill health caused -

obviously they can't be predicted)

025.jpg

Oh Wendi, excellently put! :flowers2:

Thanks! :thumb_yello: I really need to swot up on the whole record industry concept! :naughty:

Well, I don't know anything about the record industry, I'm just speaking from a general perspective in any sort of business...if the person has a contract with the company, then whatever happens to other employees to the company doesn't translate to them..:wink2:

Well, I don't know anything about the record industry, I'm just speaking from a general perspective in any sort of business...if the person has a contract with the company, then whatever happens to other employees to the company doesn't translate to them..:wink2:

I think perhaps she imagined the guy who signed Mika was acting as his agent and not as an employee of the record company. If Mika's agent or manager moved to a different agency in all likelihood they would take Mika with them.

I think perhaps she imagined the guy who signed Mika was acting as his agent and not as an employee of the record company. If Mika's agent or manager moved to a different agency in all likelihood they would take Mika with them.

Yes, I suppose that in that case the contract/bond would be between the artist and the agent, instead of between the artist and the company

I'm so sorry Mika signed with Universal, a case study of wasted opportunities:mf_rosetinted:

:mf_rosetinted:

(but you know the whole true story, right? after he said NO four times, they said that if hed change his mind they would ask strapmedia to create his own Flash Pop and you know him, he just couldnt resist THAT:

2hgfq6c.jpg

Mika FlashPop by strapmedia for universal: 19,99 euros

Indeed I did. *nods* :blush-anim-cl:

Mika's agents (i.e. his managers) would have been involved in the signing deal, but they would have been on the opposite side of the equation. They were representing Mika while Nick Gatfield was representing Universal.

Unless he signed with the record company before he got himself an agent, but I think he's probably a bit more savvy than he was at 15 when his mom was getting him writing jobs for £50. :wink2:

:mf_rosetinted:

(but you know the whole true story, right? after he said NO four times, they said that if hed change his mind they would ask strapmedia to create his own Flash Pop and you know him, he just couldnt resist THAT:

2hgfq6c.jpg

Mika FlashPop by strapmedia for universal: 19,99 euros

But what is it?

Simple and practical, ready to use, for what?

So a cd single on a kind of individual ipod type thing? Which single? Or all of them?

It;s the whole album on a Mika-fied MP3 player. I've almost bought one on ebay several times just because it's so random.

Simple and practical, ready to use, for what?

So a cd single on a kind of individual ipod type thing? Which single? Or all of them?

i posted it somewhere else but here is the whole thing or almost because there is also a video that shows HOW TO BUY IT LMAO!!!

The FlashPop is a new communication device..

An original and innovative concept which combines player and content.

A mini player with specific preloaded audio content meant for

“millions of pairs of idle ears”.

The unique positioning of the device offers editors,

advertisers and public relations new commercial applications.

MIKA french official & rare album flashpop 10 tracks+1 for 19,99 euros

(Pour info, ces FlashPops sont produits par la société StrapMedia pour Universal - Projets spéciaux. StrapMedia a même mis en ligne sur DailyMotion deux vidéos montrant le présentoir de ces baladeurs ainsi que le passage en caisse...)

i posted it somewhere else but here is the whole thing or almost because there is also a video that shows HOW TO BUY IT LMAO!!!

(Pour info, ces FlashPops sont produits par la société StrapMedia pour Universal - Projets spéciaux. StrapMedia a même mis en ligne sur DailyMotion deux vidéos montrant le présentoir de ces baladeurs ainsi que le passage en caisse...)

****ing fantastique! :naughty:

I have only one pair of idle ears however, so it would be no good for me! :(

I'm not asking Mika for any favours. That is my advice to him, because as Sariflor says, the time has come for him to start leveraging the internet to keep fans informed, happy and paying customers.

If he and his management aren't prepared to get up to speed then they shouldn't have acquired MFC just to have one more neglected site under their umbrella. It does him more harm than good if it's not handled properly.

As far as I can tell Paolo Nutini has never turned on a computer before because I've never seen him post anything anywhere. But as an artist he still has a strong internet presence and you can buy concert tickets and music from his website. That is the very least that Mikasounds should be achieving and it doesn't.

If Mika can hire a cameraman to document his every professional move, surely he can have someone generating and maintaining an internet presence for him. Since Andy was already filming, how fabulous and how easy would it have been to have someone upload brief video clips of Mika, the concerts and the fans from the tour on a regular basis?

that i agree with :thumb_yello:

Wouldn’t it be fun when we’re sitting here in a couple of years, waiting for Mika’s seventh album, talking about how we got official and where hoping for an announcement about it and it never came!:roftl:

The MFC rolled on as usual and we never heard a word from the new owners, we just accepted them as invisible.

Ghost members in a ghost club!:cool:

You're turning into a real naughty apple. :thumb_yello:

Oh, I’m feeling honoured!:blush-anim-cl:

Wouldn’t it be fun when we’re sitting here in a couple of years, waiting for Mika’s seventh album, talking about how we got official and where hoping for an announcement about it and it never came!:roftl:

The MFC rolled on as usual and we never heard a word from the new owners, we just accepted them as invisible.

Wow you really think he'll be on his 7th album in a couple of years? :naughty::naughty:

It;s the whole album on a Mika-fied MP3 player. I've almost bought one on ebay several times just because it's so random.

I can see why!

It would totally be the sort of thing I'd buy, and then end up going ":blink: what do I do with this thing now?"

Random indeed!! :roftl: Thanks for the explanation Pam

Oh Sienna, the thought of us all sitting here on MFC in a few years time is just too funny!!

Quite likely though:roftl:

But do you really think that he'll be on his 7th album?? At this rate we can count ourselves lucky if he's churned out the 3rd,lol!

and what about that leather watch for only 34,90 euros instead of 75 euros:naughty:

346t1r6.jpg

im sure mika has nothing to do with it btw otherwise this watch would be in, lets say the word, plastic

ps: 89 people are already the happy owners of this watch

and what about that leather watch for only 34,90 euros instead of 75 euros:naughty:

346t1r6.jpg

im sure mika has nothing to do with it btw otherwise this watch would be in, lets say the word, plastic

For once I have nothing to say.......

346t1r6.jpg

Is this.....for real!?:roftl: