MFC - Officialness Update

Is this important?

It's on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mika-Fan-Club/31441120048?ref=share

Mika Fan ClubBrowse more Music

Hometown: London, UK

Record Label: Casablanca (Universal Music Group)

Information

Current Location: Worldwide!

Biography: MikaFanClub.com is a site started by fans of London-based pop sensation MIKA back in January 2007.

The community has recently partnered with MIKA's management team, and is now the official fan site for MIKA. This page is another way for MFCers to stay in touch and get updated.

If you're a MIKA fan, please come join us!

Wow!!!! Thats great - now we just have to wait for Jerry etc

to dot the i's and cross the t's - and let us know here!!! :yay:

Thanks for posting Ruth!!!!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

We'll be using this (and the MFC MySpace) to update MFCers on any important MIKA news, or news about the MFC site itself. In the event of technical difficulties with MFC, we'll use these pages to keep you updated, too.

Cheers - Happy MIKA-ing!

THIS POST IS IN THE DISCUSSIONS BELOW THE PAGE!

so it's in myspace too! :wink2:

*considers joining facebook too....*

Hi all,

We'll be using this (and the MFC MySpace) to update MFCers on any important MIKA news, or news about the MFC site itself. In the event of technical difficulties with MFC, we'll use these pages to keep you updated, too.

Cheers - Happy MIKA-ing!

We will be getting very busy!!! :wink2:

Facebook is not hard Robi - it kinda looks after itself!! :thumb_yello:

Facebook's horrid. All agressive - poking and writing on walls. :blink:

Anyway, my kids are there and I'm not mixing my Mika obsession with their innocent young lives :roftl: :roftl:

Facebook's horrid. All agressive - poking and writing on walls. :blink:

Anyway, my kids are there and I'm not mixing my Mika obsession with their innocent young lives :roftl: :roftl:

I'm with you Ruth. I love my MySpace, but I avoid my Facebook whenever possible cos i find it really confusing. Having said that, I spent a large portion of tonight attending to my facebook account and sending people things etc etc. Sorry Wendi, you're one of them!

I'm with you Ruth. I love my MySpace, but I avoid my Facebook whenever possible cos i find it really confusing. Having said that, I spent a large portion of tonight attending to my facebook account and sending people things etc etc. Sorry Wendi, you're one of them!

Thanks Chickadee - looooong time no see :huglove:

***cht cht, Caz, haven't you thought in putting Sunny on your story? He must know something about this big delay in the announcement! :naughty: ***

oooooh there's an idea i haven't thought about, i'll see if i can fit sunny in anywhere!

Is this important?

It's on Facebook

Information

Biography: MikaFanClub.com is a site started by fans of London-based pop sensation MIKA back in January 2007.

The community has recently partnered with MIKA's management team, and is now the official fan site for MIKA. This page is another way for MFCers to stay in touch and get updated.

everyone is getting the buzz again

I think what I'm about to say may get some peoples dander up, but so far on this when will we get the announcement subject, I've kept fairly quiet and on the side of when it happens it happens.

BUT!

As far as this Facebook missive, is concerned, I'm highly irritated and not happy.

How can Jerry let that go out, when he hasn't even posted the official status on here yet? What is going on, and is this how things are going to be between us and the new owners, they'll tell everyone else what we are doing before we are told ourselves!

I have been quiet, as I've said earlier, but when it comes to someone pulling my chain, I'll say my piece.

I cannot believe that Jerry and Mika are treating us this way. I thought that there would be a good two way communication between us, but instead we are not getting the respect we deserve.

Yes it gives a good account about us and is great publicity for the MFC, but surely the official status should have been afforded us first in the shape of the post Jerry is supposed to have written.

I'm sorry to be ranting, but I thought this would be a marvelous time fo us, but instead it seems we are just another cog in the wheel, which is no bad thing, but cogs need greasing and I feel we are being left to rust.

Is this important?

It's on Facebook

Information

So, I'm officially confused now:naughty:.

Who created this Facebook site? Jerry and co?:blink:

Or "one of us"?

I don't get it.

As you can see, first I join, then I ask...:naughty:

Or "one of us"?

I don't get it.

I think it was someone from here - so we have somewhere to get info

if/when the site goes down again!!

Is this important?

It's on Facebook

Information

Hi all,

Cheers - Happy MIKA-ing!

I see you decided in favour of joining, Robi! :thumb_yello:

Thanks Ruth, Robi, wendi and other members of the MFC FBI who discovered this very interesting development!!! :thumb_yello:

I think what I'm about to say may get some peoples dander up, but so far on this when will we get the announcement subject, I've kept fairly quiet and on the side of when it happens it happens.

BUT!

As far as this Facebook missive, is concerned, I'm highly irritated and not happy.

How can Jerry let that go out, when he hasn't even posted the official status on here yet? What is going on, and is this how things are going to be between us and the new owners, they'll tell everyone else what we are doing before we are told ourselves!

I have been quiet, as I've said earlier, but when it comes to someone pulling my chain, I'll say my piece.

I cannot believe that Jerry and Mika are treating us this way. I thought that there would be a good two way communication between us, but instead we are not getting the respect we deserve.

Yes it gives a good account about us and is great publicity for the MFC, but surely the official status should have been afforded us first in the shape of the post Jerry is supposed to have written.

I'm sorry to be ranting, but I thought this would be a marvelous time fo us, but instead it seems we are just another cog in the wheel, which is no bad thing, but cogs need greasing and I feel we are being left to rust.

I hear you, Rose. Initially I had the same sort of reaction - resentment that Facebook deserved attention and the MFC did not. Here we sit waiting on pins and needles for the Official announcement. But, who actually started up the Facebook site? Was it the admin/owners or was it just "anybody"??? :blink: Signed, a rusty cog, and oldling, mamacatt.

BUT!

yeah, and us oldlings are rusty enough and need plenty of greasing

I hear you, Rose. Initially I had the same sort of reaction - resentment that Facebook deserved attention and the MFC did not. Here we sit waiting on pins and needles for the Official announcement. But, who actually started up the Facebook site? Was it the admin/owners or was it just "anybody"??? :blink: Signed, a rusty cog, and oldling, mamacatt.

That's a good question, cause there's also another Mika page on Facebook (this one). But then again, it's not quite clear who made that page either...

This is all very confusing. :blink:

That's a good question, cause there's also another Mika page on Facebook (this one). But then again, it's not quite clear who made that page either...

This is all very confusing. :blink:

To me, this one looks like the "mikasounds" version, like his mikamyspace page

I think that is meant to be "Mika's" facebook and the new one is

the MFC facebook!! All the more passwords to remember!! :roftl: :roftl:

All the more passwords to remember!! :roftl: :roftl:

jot it in the little notebook

I think that is meant to be "Mika's" facebook and the new one is the MFC facebook!!

I thought Mika closed down his facebook account because people were pretending to be him and posting stuff they shouldn't?

So no one - officially - from MFC opened the account? And yet they're stating that we are official. Which in some ways we are - ownership has passed to Mika/management hasn't it?

Yeah, to me too, but technically anyone could just copy that info from his myspace page. :bleh:

(I distrust every 'official' page, until I have proof. :mf_rosetinted::bleh:)

BUT!

Or "one of us"?

I don't get it.

so

now Rose is saying the same things i wrote in my purple post of some days ago, but in harsher words....and no one seems as upset as they were with my post....ok, i will accept it, i'm a peaceful person.

this is to say, mainly, that i agree with Rose 100%.

lack of comunication, feeling of being neglected....exactly the same feelings i expressed.

and sariflor, yes, i joined, as you did, but i immediately thought that facebook account was made by one of us, maybe just pulling our leg...there are lots of jockers around here.

but it's ok, i mean, if we can use it to communicate when MFC is down.

i only doubt it is an official move by Universal staff/jerry.

moving forward now?

jot it in the little notebook

I thought Mika closed down his facebook account because people were pretending to be him and posting stuff they shouldn't?

So no one - officially - from MFC opened the account? And yet they're stating that we are official. Which in some ways we are - ownership has passed to Mika/management hasn't it?

I dont for a minute think the Mika facebook is him - don't know who it is.

But I think the MFC one was started by someone here - and that Jerry and Co have nothing to do with it - except they have said we are now the official fanclub - they just have not got round to actually posting anything here yet.

I wonder how many will be so disillusioned by the time it comes that it just wont have the same impact as when we were going to be told weeks ago.

I will just go on waiting - I can't really do anything else, and no-one seems

to be about to ask!! :blink:

I think it was someone from here - so we have somewhere to get info if/when the site goes down again!!

Yes Wendi, you're exactly right - the MFC Facebook page is run by your friendly neighbourhood MFC admins/moderators.

The server we're on right now isn't 100% stable so there's a chance we could see some more downtime in the coming weeks. :thumbdown:

If that happens, we'll be able to be kept updated via that Facebook page. Important updates will also be posted there.

And yes, MFC has been taken over by Jerry and his people - they own the domain now - so technically, we are the official fan site. We're just waiting for information to clarify what that means for MFC members. With Mika not touring at the moment, though, that information might not happen until summer.

I think that one is the Facebook equivalent of mikamyspace. It seems that page is updated with the same updates, and at the same time, as the MySpace page. :thumb_yello:

FYI, there's also an MFC MySpace page - only it seems that we've lost access to it in the last bunch of server moves. We're trying to get that resolved, but if we can't we'll create a new one - again, another place to go for major updates as well as information if MFC goes down. :thumb_yello: