MFC - Officialness Update

Yes Wendi, you're exactly right - the MFC Facebook page is run by your friendly neighbourhood MFC admins/moderators.

The server we're on right now isn't 100% stable so there's a chance we could see some more downtime in the coming weeks. :thumbdown:

If that happens, we'll be able to be kept updated via that Facebook page. Important updates will also be posted there.

And yes, MFC has been taken over by Jerry and his people - they own the domain now - so technically, we are the official fan site. We're just waiting for information to clarify what that means for MFC members. With Mika not touring at the moment, though, that information might not happen until summer.

Thanks for explaining! I've added the Facebook page to my favourites, in case of emergency :wink2:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mika is touring right now and top of the week is in fact summer? laugh1.gifhttp:

Fantastic, how we learn new things each night :thumb_yello:

I for my part find it very entertaining dance2.gif

He’s touring?:blink:

I didn’t thought he would be touring until the top of the summer!:naughty:

He’s touring?:blink:

I didn’t thought he would be touring until the top of the summer!:naughty:

No, gals, he's not touring at the moment - like you said, not until the top (or bottom?) of the summer. :roftl:

That's part of the reason why we're still waiting on details. There are also a lot of different people involved, including Mika himself, which makes these things take longer. :thumb_yello:

Yes Wendi, you're exactly right - the MFC Facebook page is run by your friendly neighbourhood MFC admins/moderators.

The server we're on right now isn't 100% stable so there's a chance we could see some more downtime in the coming weeks. :thumbdown:

If that happens, we'll be able to be kept updated via that Facebook page. Important updates will also be posted there.

And yes, MFC has been taken over by Jerry and his people - they own the domain now - so technically, we are the official fan site. We're just waiting for information to clarify what that means for MFC members. With Mika not touring at the moment, though, that information might not happen until summer.

I think that one is the Facebook equivalent of mikamyspace. It seems that page is updated with the same updates, and at the same time, as the MySpace page. :thumb_yello:

FYI, there's also an MFC MySpace page - only it seems that we've lost access to it in the last bunch of server moves. We're trying to get that resolved, but if we can't we'll create a new one - again, another place to go for major updates as well as information if MFC goes down. :thumb_yello:

I was going to say about the myspace page, because personally I don't want to keep joining various other sites when we have this one and the myspace one. Otherwise it really going to negate the point of having this one. I know there have been server problems, but shouldn't that make us more determined to make sure that this server should be kept up to strength?

If we keep setting up sites here there and everywhere on the offchance that this one is going to keep going down, that is going to make more work for Andrew keeping him away from making sure this one runs up to speed, and also confusing new members into where they are supposed to be at any given time. Lets face it after the last bout of downtime,it was 2 days before everyone got back on here, 'cause they didn't know it was back up.

I want to apologise to Robi for repeating what she said in such an aggressive manner, and not getting any flak for it. It's early yet Robi, and I expect by tomorrow I'll have been suitably savaged, so don't worry;-)

I'm thinking it's not so much chocolate fudge cake that led me to writing so openly here tonight, probably more to do with working loooonng hours and not much sleep. But I'll be back at my friends house tomorrow, and back in a comfy bed, so Friday, I'll most likely be all cuddly again.

I know there have been server problems, but shouldn't that make us more determined to make sure that this server should be kept up to strength?

Lets face it after the last bout of downtime,it was 2 days before everyone got back on here, 'cause they didn't know it was back up.

I get what you're saying - and yes, it would be nice if this site were always up. :thumb_yello:

But unfortunately, that's not the case - that's part of the reason why it's nice to have somewhere else to turn when things are down.

The MFC MySpace page has existed as long as MFC - it's just never really been updated. You'll see that during the downtime in March, a number of people went there looking for information. We're thinking that it would be helpful to have a presence on Facebook and on MySpace - a sort of "designated" space where people can turn to for highlights, and for info if and when MFC goes down.

I hope that makes sense - am I confusing anyone with that explanation? :blink:

I was going to say about the myspace page, because personally I don't want to keep joining various other sites when we have this one and the myspace one. Otherwise it really going to negate the point of having this one. I know there have been server problems, but shouldn't that make us more determined to make sure that this server should be kept up to strength?

If we keep setting up sites here there and everywhere on the offchance that this one is going to keep going down, that is going to make more work for Andrew keeping him away from making sure this one runs up to speed, and also confusing new members into where they are supposed to be at any given time.

You don't have to join Facebook. It's just that some people use it so it's a good way for them to stay updated if there's a problem. It's a way to issue notifications and the notifications will also be issued via MySpace. If we don't get control of the MySpace page, then I'm sure Deb will send out a MySpace bulletin as she has in the past.

It's not a replacement for MFC. It's a way to communicate with members if the site happens to be down. We can also use it to solicit new members who don't know anything about MFC but happen to search for "Mika" on Facebook.

The serious downtime we've experienced recently has pretty much been out of Andrew's control. Mana (or Deb or me in a pinch) can take charge of the MySpace and Facebook accounts if Andrew is busy in any case.

The accounts are away to keep the community together if mikafanclub.com goes down...it's not meant to be divisive.

Hope you're feeling more cuddly on Friday. :thumb_yello:

If we keep setting up sites here there and everywhere on the offchance that this one is going to keep going down, that is going to make more work for Andrew keeping him away from making sure this one runs up to speed, and also confusing new members into where they are supposed to be at any given time. Lets face it after the last bout of downtime,it was 2 days before everyone got back on here, 'cause they didn't know it was back up.

I want to apologise to Robi for repeating what she said in such an aggressive manner, and not getting any flak for it. It's early yet Robi, and I expect by tomorrow I'll have been suitably savaged, so don't worry;-)

I'm thinking it's not so much chocolate fudge cake that led me to writing so openly here tonight, probably more to do with working loooonng hours and not much sleep. But I'll be back at my friends house tomorrow, and back in a comfy bed, so Friday, I'll most likely be all cuddly again.

awww penguin hugs for you!... poor thing! :wink2:

No, gals, he's not touring at the moment - like you said, not until the top (or bottom?) of the summer. :roftl:

That's part of the reason why we're still waiting on details. There are also a lot of different people involved, including Mika himself, which makes these things take longer. :thumb_yello:

hmmm i would have thought it would have been easier to sort out while he wasn't on tour then when he is on tour. but what do i know... :blink:

Also - for the last bit of downtime, there was a situation where the server was fixed - but people were only able to get onto MFC if they first restarted their computers.

Being able to communicate with members via Facebook or MySpace would allow us to get that sort of information out quicker. :thumb_yello:

:blink: your NOT suggesting the big guy drags his feet now are you..well shock shock me and all that palarva!

:blink: your NOT suggesting the big guy drags his feet now are you..well shock shock me and all that palarva!

Of course not.

He also is never a perfectionist, never gets throat infections, and never lies to journalists for his own amusement. :mf_rosetinted:

:sneaky2: dam and blast it I HATE HATE HATE Facebook with the vengeance of 10 million scarab Beatles but I guess I will have to add it for emergencies.

I find the dam site so confusing and annoying, all that poking people and bombardments of join this pirate group or here's a turtle and Agnes sent Mildred a dead fly rubbish...arrrrgh I HATE it!!!

:sneaky2: dam and blast it I HATE HATE HATE Facebook with the vengeance of 10 million scarab Beatles but I guess I will have to add it for emergencies.

You don't have to join Facebook. I mentioned a few pages ago that MFC has also had a MySpace account as long as MFC has been around - it's just that with all the server moving, we've lost access to it. We're trying to get it sorted out, though.

So if you'd rather stick with MySpace, that will work just as well. :punk:

I find the dam site so confusing and annoying, all that poking people and bombardments of join this pirate group or here's a turtle and Agnes sent Mildred a dead fly rubbish...arrrrgh I HATE it!!!

hahahahahahahaha :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

you forgot... how old is your big toe application! :naughty: :naughty:

dear rose....:wub2:

i'm alright with your post, and i'm glad we expressed the same feelings! :thumb_yello:

please please do never think you have to apologize! you said it well and loud, and i appreciated it.

i was too sentimental and dramatic, this maybe upset someone.

waiting for cuddles tomorrow! :blush-anim-cl:

:boxed: :boxed: :boxed: :boxed: