MFC - Officialness Update

how do you know robi doesn't like you?

and i'm not quite sure what you mean about the pic LOL xDD

ask greta, she knows it too.

about the pic,lol, i dont know thats how i see you, i mean...hug me or ill kill you is sthg i can hear you say:roftl:

@greta,lol, furry rocks:mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am posting this on behalf of weealx:thumb_yello:

( Thank goodness for women !!:naughty: )

perhaps the new management do not understand the unrest that is creeping into the mfc, we may not buy all the tickets for the gigs, but for those who have folled Mika from the early days are the ones who have helped spread the word, bought tickets and music in whatever form, spending hard earned cash, some may have struggled to support Mika, but that is each persons choice.

All I would say to the management is that these people who have supported Mika, and those who have dedicated their time freely in helping maintain the MFC deserve respect for their efforts, and more recently helping field the questions from members, which a simple message from Mika or his management team could help cull the unrest, remember whose money has helped to give you the success, as with any organisation the fans can make or break an organisation, those who leave disgruntled may not return, new artistes are there every week, how loyalty can change, here today gone tomorrow, I am here because I liked LiCM, and the gig in Brixton, hopefully Amsterdam as well and the new album when that comes along.

I spend the time with others on the forum simply because I enjoy their company and banter.

So come on management, you aquired a vibrant fan club, do not let it fade with no happy ending, give them what they deserve, recognition and RESPECT.

whooops! quoted :D

hey btw i still have my bunny action badge:naughty:

if i ever get a badgemachine youll be the first to get one in each color

yay!:arf2: lime green & tangerine first thanx!

I sometimes think when the atmosphere in here gets a bit tense especially of late, is due to the lack of Mika related things coming up, it's like a drought, and maybe people are feeling down because of that and taking things to heart and maybe some even getting a little prickly with each other.

It's not really doing anyone any good but some people DO have Mika gigs to look forward to (not me, I refuse to go to festivals to see him and I'm not into travelling to other countries to see him either (not yet, lets hope I don't get that obsessive lol), I have no excuse really as he does at least do gigs in the UK. If he was playing somewhere I wanted to go to anyway, then I would make more effort to coincide the 2 maybe.

Anyway I went off topic I think :blush-anim-cl: I just think it's the lack of all things Mika that is making people get a bit....tetchy.

ask greta, she knows it too.

about the pic,lol, i dont know thats how i see you, i mean...hug me or ill kill you is sthg i can hear you say:roftl:

@greta,lol, furry rocks:mf_rosetinted:

oh you meant it in a funny way LOL i got a bit worried! xDDD yeah, i guess it's something i'd say in a comedy script or when I'm joking around. I wouldn't really destroy someone just cos they wouldn't hug me xDDDD

perhaps the new management do not understand the unrest that is creeping into the mfc, we may not buy all the tickets for the gigs, but for those who have folled Mika from the early days are the ones who have helped spread the word, bought tickets and music in whatever form, spending hard earned cash, some may have struggled to support Mika, but that is each persons choice.

All I would say to the management is that these people who have supported Mika, and those who have dedicated their time freely in helping maintain the MFC deserve respect for their efforts, and more recently helping field the questions from members, which a simple message from Mika or his management team could help cull the unrest, remember whose money has helped to give you the success, as with any organisation the fans can make or break an organisation, those who leave disgruntled may not return, new artistes are there every week, how loyalty can change, here today gone tomorrow, I am here because I liked LiCM, and the gig in Brixton, hopefully Amsterdam as well and the new album when that comes along.

I spend the time with others on the forum simply because I enjoy their company and banter.

So come on management, you aquired a vibrant fan club, do not let it fade with no happy ending, give them what they deserve, recognition and RESPECT.

second sweet post lol!

I don't like this dark place. It doesn't feel right or normal for this forum...

*sighs* Yeah, that's how I feel, Caz. I should have added that in my post

above: *for me.* I'm sure others don't feel it the same way. And maybe

sitting in the moderator's seat I take it a little more personally -- like

maybe people think that I or the other mods are

partially responsible for the delayed announcement or partly responsible

for the technical problems. I'm NOT (I promise!), but I wonder sometimes

if people think that way...

Oh, and Greta, I should add: sono mezz'italiana! :naughty::thumb_yello:

dcdeb

dcdeb

go look at my new thread in the chinwag section :thumb_yello:

oh sweetie i know you're not responsible. I have nothing bad to say about the mods, but mika's management could er....hurry up a bit lol!

there have been some real and virtual issues leaving their consequences. :newyear:

dcdeb

Lo sapevo. Per quello scrivo slang nell'Italian thread :D

Words of wisdom from weealx! Thanks for posting them, Vicky, but why

did you have to? He's not able to post now for some reason?

dcdeb

oh you meant it in a funny way LOL i got a bit worried! xDDD yeah, i guess it's something i'd say in a comedy script or when I'm joking around. I wouldn't really destroy someone just cos they wouldn't hug me xDDDD

you wouldnt destroy but you would certainly firmly insist

:roftl:

thats just how i see you through your post you know:wink2:

what we need and require is that you give us our fun back.

Robi I understand where you're coming from but I think we are going to have to take responsibility for our own fun and not look for it to be granted by Jerry and Mika.

This has been frustrating all around and I'm sure you're aware that there are MFCers working behind the scenes to try to move things forward as quickly and as smoothly as possible.

Barring any major technical glitches (knock on wood!), it's up to all of us to try to carry on and get back to normal.

The lag in excitement around here was inevitable. We were going to feel the absence of Mika regardless of the changes to MFC. I think we've seen enough of those cycles in the past to know that people need to get back to real life on occasion and it doesn't take a whole lot from Mika to get things buzzing around here again.

But he's having a long break this time and the MFC lull is part of that and shouldn't be taken as a sign that the forum is dying or that Mika's attitude towards MFC has changed for the worse.

We do not even know what Mika thinks of all this.

People here have been complaining for a long time and we do not know if mika realizes it.

Mika seemed to care and love this fanclub, now we are not sure of it anymore.

No, we don't know what he thinks of it. But I do expect that his perceptions are quite different from ours. He likes his fans and he obviously sees value in MFC.

But even if he reads the forum, he is not directly involved in our community and we can't expect him to quite grasp the impact some of the current circumstances have caused. No more than you would expect some of your friends or family to understand what all this MFC drama is about and what it means to you.

yeah just like hey your such a bitch but look here comes a smiley/emoticon to pretend its all ok...we ve been talking about that before and its even in the guidelines :roftl: "dont say anything uncool and then hide behind a smiley etc."

Robertina has not made any pretense that she was joking, it's just something Caz suggested.

Robi asked that people not make bitter or sarcastic comments and what you said was not bitter or sarcastic but I can see how it would come across as cynical. Fans who've been around Mika and MFC a long time do not feel that he never communicates with his fans.

If anything, IMO, his communications are too personal and not broad enough. He gives MFCers a lot of face to face attention and since there's not enough of him to go around, that leaves the other 5 million people not knowing the man exists outside his music.

You have a very valid point but a lot of people here are not going to perceive Mika as always being detached from his fans because he no longer writes personal updates. Their interactions with him have been far more personal than a blog addressed to 400,000 people.

you wouldnt destroy but you would certainly firmly insist

:roftl:

thats just how i see you through your post you know:wink2:

Well I'd rather be perceived as cute and humourous rather than a cyborg robotic freak giving out orders, so I have no objections :thumb_yello::roftl:

If anything, IMO, his communications are too personal and not broad enough. He gives MFCers a lot of face to face attention and since there's not enough of him to go around, that leaves the other 5 million people not knowing the man exists outside his music.

now i think everyone on here knows i haven't met Mika *yet* lol but i still feel that he cares about his fans...i don't think i NEED to meet him to know he cares...i've seen that from other videos, pictures, people's experiences and from Mika's own words.

Robertina has not made any pretense that she was joking, it's just something Caz suggested.

Robi asked that people not make bitter or sarcastic comments and what you said was not bitter or sarcastic but I can see how it would come across as cynical. Fans who've been around Mika and MFC a long time do not feel that he never communicates with his fans.

You have a very valid point but a lot of people here are not going to perceive Mika as always being detached from his fans because he no longer writes personal updates. Their interactions with him have been far more personal than a blog addressed to 400,000 people.

yes thats exactly what i thought she wasnt joking and in that case it wasnt really fair, was it...but again please lets forget it, its not interesting, i saidf what i had to say to her.

i wasnt being cynical i was talking about how i personally felt about it

and again yes i agree thats why i said im not waiting anything ON THE INTERNET

Robi I understand where you're coming from but I think we are going to have to take responsibility for our own fun and not look for it to be granted by Jerry and Mika.

This has been frustrating all around and I'm sure you're aware that there are MFCers working behind the scenes to try to move things forward as quickly and as smoothly as possible.

Barring any major technical glitches (knock on wood!), it's up to all of us to try to carry on and get back to normal.

The lag in excitement around here was inevitable. We were going to feel the absence of Mika regardless of the changes to MFC. I think we've seen enough of those cycles in the past to know that people need to get back to real life on occasion and it doesn't take a whole lot from Mika to get things buzzing around here again.

But he's having a long break this time and the MFC lull is part of that and shouldn't be taken as a sign that the forum is dying or that Mika's attitude towards MFC has changed for the worse.

No, we don't know what he thinks of it. But I do expect that his perceptions are quite different from ours. He likes his fans and he obviously sees value in MFC.

But even if he reads the forum, he is not directly involved in our community and we can't expect him to quite grasp the impact some of the current circumstances have caused. No more than you would expect some of your friends or family to understand what all this MFC drama is about and what it means to you.

A lot of really good points that I agree with there Christine

now i think everyone on here knows i haven't met Mika *yet* lol but i still feel that he cares about his fans...i don't think i NEED to meet him to know he cares...i've seen that from other videos, pictures, people's experiences and from Mika's own words.

Well he rang you didn't he?

Lily Allen made a personal MySpace bulletin when she cancelled a leg of her US tour. She even posted her doctor's note for everyone to see. But Mika picked up a phone and spoke to us directly.

I can see Pam's point of view because phoning 20 or 30 of us neglects the other 10,000 people who were going to those gigs who have no idea he rang anyone to personally apologize.

But if you're on the receiving end of that phone call you're not likely to think of Mika as an artist who never communicates with his fans.