MFC - Officialness Update

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back at the end of March, when officialness seemed imminent daily, and having just crawled my way to 1000 posts, I jokingly bet in the Aussie thread that I could reach 2000 posts before we became official.

Never would I have been happier to lose a bet. But now, here we are, my 2000th post, and we still aren't official.

I know we are existing in this state of unofficial officialness, but that's not enough. I don't care about possible perks or benefits or jam tomorrow, all I want is some sort of public statement from Mika's management acknowledging the MFC as the official Mika fan club.

I am clinging to the faint hope that this might actually happen before I die.

:(

Who wouldn't!:biggrin2:

"We're still being kept in the dark... but look, a shiny banner!" It's not a consolation for a lack of information, broken promises and general bad management.

But it's verrry Shiny!:biggrin2:

:naughty:

Back at the end of March, when officialness seemed imminent daily, and having just crawled my way to 1000 posts, I jokingly bet in the Aussie thread that I could reach 2000 posts before we became official.

Never would I have been happier to lose a bet. But now, here we are, my 2000th post, and we still aren't official.

Congrats on making it to 2000 posts before we got to be official.. :punk:

I honestly believed you didn't stand a chance..

Honest..

Would I lie to you?? :no:

I know we are existing in this state of unofficial officialness, but that's not enough. I don't care about possible perks or benefits or jam tomorrow, all I want is some sort of public statement from Mika's management acknowledging the MFC as the official Mika fan club.

I am clinging to the faint hope that this might actually happen before I die.

:(

:roftl: FFS.. you're gonna have to breathe... let it go..

I don't want to be the one that reads your autopsy report

CAUSE OF DEATH: Waiting for Officialdom. :death1::rip_1:

Congrats on making it to 2000 posts before we got to be official.. :punk:

I honestly believed you didn't stand a chance..

Honest..

Would I lie to you?? :no:

:roftl: FFS.. you're gonna have to breathe... let it go..

I don't want to be the one that reads your autopsy report

CAUSE OF DEATH: Waiting for Officialdom. :death1::rip_1:

answer my pm, woman

"We're still being kept in the dark... but look, a shiny banner!" It's not a consolation for a lack of information, broken promises and general bad management.

haha, who are you, you're completely rad :naughty:

take a breath mint, dork.

eat beans and fart, bushpig:wub2:

:shocked:It's Aaurora!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where have you been hiding??

The banner ain't from Team Mika. I'm quite sure things like updating our smiley selection and replacing banner pics of Mika fall on their collective to-do list somewhere between saving hippos in Uganda and getting a root canal. :mf_rosetinted:

The banner ain't from Team Mika. I'm quite sure things like updating our smiley selection and replacing banner pics of Mika fall on their collective to-do list somewhere between saving hippos in Uganda and getting a root canal.:mf_rosetinted:

Ugandan hippos need some lovin'

And with all those lollipops, dental work could be in order...

oh, it could happen.

I'm really not bothered by the lack of officialness posting.

I'll stay rose-tinted shades on for now:mf_rosetinted:

The banner ain't from Team Mika. I'm quite sure things like updating our smiley selection and replacing banner pics of Mika fall on their collective to-do list somewhere between saving hippos in Uganda and getting a root canal. :mf_rosetinted:

I know, I wasn't commenting on who is responsible for what, just making a point on how easily distracted we all are.

Aaurora!!! You've been AWOL/MIA for a while now! Welcome back.

Twatty is rad. Especially that siggie.

I just popped in to say thanks to Mana and StandardToaster for the new look banner. I am glad my first choice won.:naughty:

And to generally whinge with everyone who wants to whinge. What are we whingeing about today?

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

And to generally whinge with everyone who wants to whinge. What are we whingeing about today?

Banners, shiny things, AWOL Australians, officialness (or lack thereof) and the top of whenever.

So all the usual. :mf_rosetinted:

Don't forget the Asia/Australasia tour (or lack thereof), that's a personal favourite to whine about. :ap_rosetinted:

you're completely rad :naughty:

'Mad' is the term that I would use. :insane:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

FYI I just found out that today is "International Root Canal Appreciation Day" (seriously, no joke). 'Team Mika' had better get going with that root canal item on their to-do list. :ap_rosetinted:

Would be great to have an announcement here, specially after the lovely myspace one

It would indeed!

On the other hand, maybe the myspace one was intented to keep us quiet until when the announcement will come, in line with the London Olympic games in 2012.:roftl:

for the new banner :yay:

Yes, I like it, in fact I much prefer it to the old one! So yay for that.

I know, I wasn't commenting on who is responsible for what, just making a point on how easily distracted we all are.

I don't think that we're necessarily "distracted".

IMO one thing just doesn't have anything to do with the other, they are separate, so me getting happy about the blog doesn't have anything to do with me being annoyed because they promised an "announcement" which would realistically take, what, a few minutes to write?

So yes, I think that even though we're not moaning all the time, people are not forgetting, it's just that they dont' see the point in moaning 24/7.

I prefer to moan about other things right now, like the fact that he's not playing at my wedding:sneaky2: :roftl:.

Aaurora!!! You've been AWOL/MIA for a while now! Welcome back.

Twatty. That IS funny.

Different things BS, different things. I think that I will whinge about me being sick again. Cr@p.

FYI I just found out that today is "International Root Canal Appreciation Day" (seriously, no joke). 'Team Mika' had better get going with that root canal item on their to-do list. :ap_rosetinted:

:naughty:

If they are into masochism...

Would be great to have an announcement here, specially after the lovely myspace one :wink2:

Hmmm, keep in mind, reading the forum alone is a dangerous activity. :wink2: Considering that, I think the answer to that matter is given. :punk:

I have a question and I really don't know who would have the answer to it...

What did our becoming official have to do with Mika and management taking over the site? This may sound naive, but it never occurred to me when the petition was being put together that officialdom would mean being owned by Mika. Was that always the plan or something that came up when officialness was being considered by Mika? Would it have been possible to have an official site that he didn't directly own? (Maybe own is the wrong word here since it implies an exchange of money for goods and I have no idea whether anything like that happened)