MFC - Officialness Update

I agree totally, credit where credit is due, these cancellations were handled very differently indeed.

I still reserve the right to say what I think on future issues though. Perhaps without all the whinging and moaning in the summer, the December cancellations may have been handled badly too?

We just don't know do we, but one thing is for sure, we should tell it how we see it, things won't improve otherwise, and things that make a loyal fanbase critical, could alienate potential fans altogther.

So - listen to us Mika - you know it's for your own good!

Oh, I'm certainly not suggesting we stop telling it like we see it. Mika got the message loud and clear about the cancellations, and I'm sure the way December was handled was at least in part due to how vocal people were about the way things went down in the summer. It's no coincidence that issues are discussed on MFC, then Mika reacts in one way or another.

It may take him a while, but with enough whining, he seems to get the hint. :naughty:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So true..

And there could never be too much whining on the MFC..

We just need to up the ante a little..

Teach these new recruits how to whine productively :thumb_yello::naughty:

So true..

Teach these new recruits how to whine productively :thumb_yello::naughty:

Too true, perhaps we need to set up a tutorial?

:naughty:

:naughty:

:roftl: I like the way you think.. :thumb_yello:

For backup, we could direct them to the Apple Thread for how to's and direct them to the Mikagasmic thread for how not to's.

For backup, we could direct them to the Apple Thread for how to's and direct them to the Mikagasmic thread for how not to's.

I think I'm getting more of an idea of what the apple thread is about now... been too scared to venture by there.

Could we have a dedicated place to whine about an Australian tour then (apart from the Aussie thread) and see if that informs his decisions when planning his gigs for the release of the second album?:mf_rosetinted:

They do seem to be learning. Compare that whole Nibe/secret gig fiasco to the December cancellations in London, where Mika issued an apology via MySpace and had John hold him up on speakerphone to personally apologize to the group of people who were there. And then those dates were re-scheduled with lightning speed.

Exactly. That was a bloody good cancellation if I do say so myself, and his illness was witnessed by hundreds at the Brixton gig before hand, so it was practically expected (I had a feeling on the day of MY gig that he wouldn't play...and he didn't.)

I can't express how grateful I was and still am about hearing Mika's actual voice in "real life" over the phone, apologising to everyone. It was really special to me, and just a few hours later I got a phone call from Jemma (a drunk phone call, may I add...:naughty:) saying the dates were switched.

It definitely DOES seem that they're learning and I really do applaud them for making it right again so quickly. It was VERY professional and impressive...the EXACT opposite of the summer gigs.

Oh, I'm certainly not suggesting we stop telling it like we see it. Mika got the message loud and clear about the cancellations, and I'm sure the way December was handled was at least in part due to how vocal people were about the way things went down in the summer. It's no coincidence that issues are discussed on MFC, then Mika reacts in one way or another.

It may take him a while, but with enough whining, he seems to get the hint. :naughty:

He IS a man, after all..... :naughty:

I think I'm getting more of an idea of what the apple thread is about now... been too scared to venture by there.

Could we have a dedicated place to whine about an Australian tour then (apart from the Aussie thread) and see if that informs his decisions when planning his gigs for the release of the second album?:mf_rosetinted:

Wouldn't it be lovely if we could discuss our availability with Mika in regards to concerts/tours.. :poke:

And I just discovered that Andrew has added :bonk: and this :taz:

:bow: thank you!!

Wouldn't it be lovely if we could discuss our availability with Mika in regards to concerts/tours.. :poke:

Have you seen :kachinga: and :groovy:

Tassie Devil! How appropriate for us!

And it would be lovely, except that all of us have conflicting schedules, never mind any commitments he might have! And we all prefer different seasons. I'd like autumn gigs, but that puts it into 2009 and I was hoping for something this year:blink:

I believe it came down to a number of things, including control issues. At this point, we don't know exactly what Jerry/Mika have in store for MFC - but whatever they have in mind, it will be far easier for them to accomplish if they hold the reins.

I think a fan club was likely something Mika always wanted to have in place, but then his career took off too quickly for it to be properly organized. Meanwhile, MFC had become a vibrant, thriving community and it had done so "organically", as Mika is fond of saying; by the end of 2007, it was far easier for them to attain control of MFC than to try building something from scratch.

It sounds like we were stuck in a tub of Baby Bio:roftl:

At first it sounded like it would be made clear to us in one sweeping announcment what being "official" would mean. As things progressed, it has to started to appear that things will be phased in gradually. For now, as frustrating as it is, we need to realize that status quo isn't so bad; at least we have our ugly, orange home on the Internet to come lounge around in. Most days. :wink2:

I personally love our orange home, it's very cosy here, not the least bit ugly!

The 2007 cancellation spree and the fact that Mika's web presence is rather broken are two symptoms of the same problem; for us, it seems like he's been around forever already in some ways. Yet his career is still rather new. It's like he and everyone he works with were given this giant toy with a lot of buttons, and they're still trying to figure out what each one does.

Ha ha, I love that analegy, can just imagine him pressing lots of buttons, cue for another of Caz's scripts, heh heh!

They do seem to be learning. Compare that whole Nibe/secret gig fiasco to the December cancellations in London, where Mika issued an apology via MySpace and had John hold him up on speakerphone to personally apologize to the group of people who were there. And then those dates were re-scheduled with lightning speed.

Yeah, last summer was a bit of a sh*t show, but I'm rather encouraged by what seems to be forward progress in that respect. :thumb_yello:

Looking forward to seeing what's in store for the second half of the year, and how it's handled. I think that maybe now he has an interest in the forum, that he will read the comments about how things are done with more interest. If he looks at things from our perspective, then he'll have a better idea on how things will work more productively, which will make both parties happy.

I agree that they are all still learning....After all, it's only been a year and a half-two years that he's actively been in this, yes?

I'm happily anticipating the next moves. I'm not impatient with Mika...I mean he's still 24...all work and no play makes one a dull boy. :naughty:

The 2007 cancellation spree and the fact that Mika's web presence is rather broken are two symptoms of the same problem; for us, it seems like he's been around forever already in some ways. Yet his career is still rather new. It's like he and everyone he works with were given this giant toy with a lot of buttons, and they're still trying to figure out what each one does.

Yeah, last summer was a bit of a sh*t show, but I'm rather encouraged by what seems to be forward progress in that respect. :thumb_yello:

:wink2:Aye, there! I totally agree with that.

Yes, some mistakes were made, and things were sometimes managed atrociously, but it does look like they have taken the feedback and started changing...so that is a good sign for the future.

I agree totally, credit where credit is due, these cancellations were handled very differently indeed.

I still reserve the right to say what I think on future issues though. Perhaps without all the whinging and moaning in the summer, the December cancellations may have been handled badly too?

We just don't know do we, but one thing is for sure, we should tell it how we see it, things won't improve otherwise, and things that make a loyal fanbase critical, could alienate potential fans altogther.

So - listen to us Mika - you know it's for your own good!

I also agree with this- without feedback, one can never get better, so I'm sure that the fact that people raised these issues made them aware of them, when they hadn't realised...I'm all for saying things when they need to be said, and I agree that for example cancelling one concert quoting illness yet playing the night before is not on.

On the same breath I must say though, that I find the Ibiza thing different. The cancelled BC festival was on a friday I think, and the Ibiza gig was the following tuesday, so the fact that he was in Ibiza on Sunday to me doesn't mean that something's "wrong". He's just there, logically, preparing, relaxing and whatever.

The fact that he has an infection that doesn't allow him to sing on friday doesn't necessarily mean that he can't travel and take it easy on sunday?

That's the thing that frustrated me about the situation: that genuine messups that deserved severe criticism, were mixed with other situations that had not actually been bad (or proven), so in the end it was all a big blur of "anger" and craziness.

Anyway, it does look like things are changing, which is good, and of course I think that we can and should give our opinions (if they are justified and logical,obviously:naughty:) about all these things.

This is the problem that you have when your fans are "mature adults", lol! They have opinions :roftl:.

He IS a man, after all..... :naughty:

LMAO

:kaf: making last-minute dramatic excuses to 20 ppl when other 60 were hangin around after have been travelled to LDN from all over the world and having took holidays, reserved accomodations..SPENT TIME AND MONEY..

Ah come on, sure that's not fair? He did the gig the night before, and obviously tried his best to do the Hammersmith one, but then realised that it was impossible.

The fact that he actually tried to go ahead with it until it became obvious at the last minute, I respect much more than if he'd finished Brixton on dec 2 and said "nah, I'm calling tomorrow off".

All the people that had travelled for the gig (or most of them) were already in London on the 3rd Dec (or on their way) and would have not really benefitted from a late night or early morning cancellation anyway, so what would have been the point?

Looking forward to seeing what's in store for the second half of the year, and how it's handled. I think that maybe now he has an interest in the forum, that he will read the comments about how things are done with more interest. If he looks at things from our perspective, then he'll have a better idea on how things will work more productively, which will make both parties happy.

Good point, I totally agree.

Wouldn't that be a bit cruel?:roftl:

:bonk!:

making last-minute dramatic excuses to 20 ppl when other 60 were hangin around after have been travelled to LDN from all over the world and having took holidays, reserved accomodations..SPENT TIME AND MONEY..

:taz:

:floor:

He was sick!:boxed:

I don't think they ever could find a better way to do it.

And we had a lot of fun our own way, didn't we?:wink2:

This was in an intresting an enlightning discussion, thank you for that!:thumb_yello:

Ah come on, sure that's not fair? He did the gig the night before, and obviously tried his best to do the Hammersmith one, but then realised that it was impossible.

The fact that he actually tried to go ahead with it until it became obvious at the last minute, I respect much more than if he'd finished Brixton on dec 2 and said "nah, I'm calling tomorrow off".

All the people that had travelled for the gig (or most of them) were already in London on the 3rd Dec (or on their way) and would have not really benefitted from a late night or early morning cancellation anyway, so what would have been the point?

Yeah, that's the way it was!:thumb_yello:

I agree.

On the same breath I must say though' date=' that I find the Ibiza thing different. The cancelled BC festival was on [/color']a friday I think, and the Ibiza gig was the following tuesday, so the fact that he was in Ibiza on Sunday to me doesn't mean that something's "wrong". He's just there, logically, preparing, relaxing and whatever.

]

But why was the Ibiza thing different. Most of the reports said similar to the following. A career threatening illness or whatever. If it was that bad, how come it was cleared up in 3 or 4 days?

From My Chemical Toilet

For once during an English festival summer, the weather was flipping gorgeous. So that means everything ran completely smoothly at the weekend’s festivals, right? Well almost…

- Beautiful weather meant that The Big Chill went pretty much without a hitch… but also without Mika. He pulled out at the last minute, blaming a potentially career threatening throat infection. As dramatic as that sounds, it did not wash with unsympathetic fans, according contactmusic. It seems like a valid excuse, but then again Mika had (rather unwisely) previously announced he wasn’t exactly looking forward to the summer’s festivals, so who knows!

Sorry, it still doesn't seem right to me.

It appeared to us at the time that he was really cherry picking the festivals that he wanted to do, and cancelling the rest.

Whether that was right or wrong, that is how it appeared to us.

But as we have said, hopefully we, both the fans and Mika won't see this kind of situation again.

yeah, Mika who?:naughty:

it was the destiny's revenge for all the previous cancelled gigs without valid reasons except the cheap cachet he would've got @ estivals & Co. :ap_rosetinted:

ok...I saw that he was really ill since October..but dammit he hadn't to push till the 2nd dec hoping to resist only for money's sake:thumbdown:

Superman doesn't exist, if you're not ok you stop and give adverts in time of the cancellations to be..fk mika's concert was the main reason for many ppl to be in LDN, he should have showed a lil respect, beginning with himself :kaf:

You mean he should have cancelled in time, when he noticed he was sick and shouldn’t have tried to do the concerts in December?

Yes of course you have a point there.

But it seems like he’s learning to do a better job all the time as many of the girls have pointed out in this discussion previously.

At least I hope so!:naughty:

And to defend him even more, I think his intention to make it up for us with the February gigs and the after party was a serious attempt, sadly enough it didn’t turn out the way we had wished for.:cool:

See, I’m in a happy and forgiving mood tonight,or maybe I need to visit the apples thread more often?

:pbjt:

I think that in the end everyone agrees on the same thing: his touring schedule last year (and early this year including the Australian festival cancellations) was a mess. He tried to do too much and couldn't handle it. Hopefully his management has learnt from it. We'll be the judge of that in the coming months...

one thing is for sure, we should tell it how we see it, things won't improve otherwise, and things that make a loyal fanbase critical, could alienate potential fans altogther. So - listen to us Mika - you know it's for your own good!

I second this!

Kata asked him about the secret gig thing and Nibe after Somerset House last year, about how come he cancelled Nibe, but could do a gig in Reading if he was so ill. I mean things like pneumonia and "career threatening illnesses" were being bandied around all summer.

At first, I don't believe he knew what she was talking about, then he twigged and was a little snappy, saying 'that was different'

That was the day that Kata got him to sing her Nibe wristband....

She was convinced that he hated her after that, but I was impressed with her balls for asking him.

:bow:

Boy did we moan, and moan, and whinge.

That's where I get my customised title from, someone told me that I wasn't a real fan if I had no sympathy for him when he was sick!

Bollocks! I just don't swallow every line I am fed.

I must say they were some of the most amusing discussions on the MFC. :naughty:

I've been complaining about the promised Australia/NZ/Asia tour for ages to no avail. :mf_rosetinted:

Could we have a dedicated place to whine about an Australian tour then (apart from the Aussie thread) and see if that informs his decisions when planning his gigs for the release of the second album?

We don't need a dedicated thread, whine when you can wherever you can. :mf_rosetinted:

So true..

Teach these new recruits how to whine productively

I like the way you think.

If you need a hand I volunteer. :naughty:

"Ha ha, I love that analegy, can just imagine him pressing lots of buttons, cue for another of Caz's scripts, heh heh!"

is that a hint? :naughty:

"Ha ha, I love that analegy, can just imagine him pressing lots of buttons, cue for another of Caz's scripts, heh heh!"

is that a hint? :naughty:

Whatever gave you that idea!LOL!