The Oldlings Part 16

Wendi

We've just had the dreaded dish put up on the wall. I hate it. If there's nothing worth watching on the main 5 channels, there's nothing worth watching at all.

Except we have that program Mika was on this week. I've recorded it but not watched it. And Dinner Ladies on UKTV Gold. I never tire of that. But mostly I'd rather be here.

I am not meant to watch TV - but used to make an exception for

Neighbours!! Don't watch at all now!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First time was really bad - destroyed the whole back of the house :(

Smoke damage wasn't too bad in the rest of the house thank god.

Second time was less damage but the smoke damage was a hell of alot worse as it was an electrical fire..... :(

We were defrosting the freezer for Christmas ready for the Turkey and stuff and it caught fire.... lol .... sounds funny a freezer catching fire.

I personally was distraught though as the worst room affected by the smoke damage was my bedroom. Lost my entire 10 year Blur collection in the space of half an hour. :(

Was completely gutted and cried for weeks. :(

I would too if i lost my U2 collection :crybaby:

Did you get anything back?

First time was really bad - destroyed the whole back of the house :(

Smoke damage wasn't too bad in the rest of the house thank god.

Second time was less damage but the smoke damage was a hell of alot worse as it was an electrical fire..... :(

We were defrosting the freezer for Christmas ready for the Turkey and stuff and it caught fire.... lol .... sounds funny a freezer catching fire.

I personally was distraught though as the worst room affected by the smoke damage was my bedroom. Lost my entire 10 year Blur collection in the space of half an hour. :(

Was completely gutted and cried for weeks. :(

Wow, it really was a good thing you were home and that no one go hurt. I often wonder what I would do in case of a fire or quick evacuation. I go through periods of getting everything ready but then slacking again. Very scary, indeed!:shocked:

I've never heard of that. I worked with someone whose dishwasher set her house on fire.

How horrible.

< N.B. to self: Must make backup discs and keep them at work>

My landlord has fitted 4 smoke detectors in my house - and if I am frying

anything they always go off!! The bairns reckon its the call to dinner

sound now!! :sneaky2:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Thats really bad luck!!!! Glad you were ok - did the

insurance company pay out both times? I hope so!!

The first time we only had Building Insurance :shocked:

My gran who'd died a few months earlier had payed it as it was her home. She didn't believe anything would ever happen, so didn't believe it was worth getting Contents Insurance.

:boxed:

We had £750 to spend left over from the Building's money to spend on rekitting a very large home.... :blink:

Not really doable. Spent the next 10 years slowly buying things again - then it burnt down again :roftl:

Thank god I was paying the Insurance by then and had Contents too. Though I have to say it was 5 months of utter hell. You try thinking of every object, item, possesion in your home that you need to claim for - and they need this list yesterday.... never ever want to go through anything like that again.

Some stuff you can't ever put a price on though - like a ten year Blur Collection - they couldn't give me that back as new for old :(

They just gave me a set sum for all the CD's/Records/Tapes that I'd lost - value didn't come close to it :thumbdown:

My landlord has fitted 4 smoke detectors in my house - and if I am frying

anything they always go off!! The bairns reckon its the call to dinner

sound now!! :sneaky2:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

I hate when the smoke detectors go off when we are cooking. :thumbdown:

The first time we only had Building Insurance :shocked:

My gran who'd died a few months earlier had payed it as it was her home. She didn't believe anything would ever happen, so didn't believe it was worth getting Contents Insurance.

:boxed:

We had £750 to spend left over from the Building's money to spend on rekitting a very large home.... :blink:

Not really doable. Spent the next 10 years slowly buying things again - then it burnt down again :roftl:

Thank god I was paying the Insurance by then and had Contents too. Though I have to say it was 5 months of utter hell. You try thinking of every object, item, possesion in your home that you need to claim for - and they need this list yesterday.... never ever want to go through anything like that again.

Some stuff you can't ever put a price on though - like a ten year Blur Collection - they couldn't give me that back as new for old :(

They just gave me a set sum for all the CD's/Records/Tapes that I'd lost - value didn't come close to it :thumbdown:

Somethings, you just can't put a value to.

Good thing you had Contents insurance. Boy, I hope mine is up to date. It's really hard to know how much everything is worth, add it all up and all. We go through that every time we move, getting a list of all our valuables. Even the junky stuff adds up to a lot when you have to replace it all!

Complete change of discussion but can anyone else get their head around Shannon Matthews Mother.

I mean did she really really think she'd get away with faking her daughters kidnapping and noone would cotton on.

Just can't think what that poor kid must have been thinking for 24 bloody days. Some people shouldn't be allowed kids and I really hope they're all taken away from her. Sorry harsh I know but really - she's scum.

Complete change of discussion but can anyone else get their head around Shannon Matthews Mother.

I mean did she really really think she'd get away with faking her daughters kidnapping and noone would cotton on.

Just can't think what that poor kid must have been thinking for 24 bloody days. Some people shouldn't be allowed kids and I really hope they're all taken away from her. Sorry harsh I know but really - she's scum.

Didn't here about that, fill me in

Didn't here about that, fill me in

Well she knew where her child was from day one. Was a set up so she could make money from the publicity. She'd obviously seen how much money the McCanns had got for the Maddie Fund... plus she'd seen an episode of Shameless 4 weeks earlier where that family had faked their childs kidnapping and had tried to pocket £500.000 from it.

She's been arrested now - :thumb_yello:

Has she been charged?

Well she knew where her child was from day one. Was a set up so she could make money from the publicity. She'd obviously seen how much money the McCanns had got for the Maddie Fund... plus she'd seen an episode of Shameless 4 weeks earlier where that family had faked their childs kidnapping and had tried to pocket £500.000 from it.

She's been arrested now - :thumb_yello:

And she calls herself a mother! :thumbdown: good thing she got busted!

Should we comment on something whereby we do not yet know the facts, let the law decide the facts, I do not like tabloid talk, causes uneccessary trouble for some people, eg, John Leslie innocent by his peers, villified by gossip

I don't think they thought it through completely.

I mean how did they expect her to suddenly be *Found*

Bad for them that the house that they hid her in - the neighbour got suspicious - and called the police - so they found her. Cos' they arrested the guy who owned the house - so cos' to save his own neck - he blabbed that she'd arranged everything. If it hadn't been for that neighbour they might have got away with it - and put her somewhere later where she'd be conveniently *FOUND*

Should we comment on something whereby we do not yet know the facts, let the law decide the facts, I do not like tabloid talk, causes uneccessary trouble for some people, eg, John Leslie innocent by his peers, villified by gossip

Do not get al moral on us! She did a bad thing!

Perverting the cause of justice and child neglect

That'll be interesting when it comes to court.

The police uncovered a right situation when they started investigating this lot!

Well if there's no evidence she'll be found not guilty won't she.... :wink2:

like John Leslie was :thumb_yello: