2008 - MIKA @ beijing!!! (08/04/2008)

lcmlcm

:blink: How could my quote of your post appear BEFORE your post???:shocked:

She made a double post and deleted the first one. Her second post came after yours.

how can you be so sure...i must be blind, i see no difference between the usual mika and this one....:blink:

maybe he's just a bit tanned...artificially? :blink:

Hmm...maybe that's a sign that he's wearing too much makeup on a regular basis now.

The blush is way too obvious IMO. It's not even a guys-wearing-makeup thing - blush shouldn't even be that obvious on a woman. That was a bad '80s trend, doing a stripe like that so you can see where it starts and ends instead of a subtle blend.

I know Mika likes to look pretty for the camera so some stage makeup might be necessary when he's performing under bright lights...but he could certainly stand to tone it down a bit IMO.

2 sis were there and his dad and granny and mum o.c. bro was at other gigs too, as we ehm.. all know.. :blush-anim-cl:

maybe allegra was busy..? :blink:

Busy in China? :wink2:

But seriously...I wasn't clear when I said she wasn't in London. I just meant she wasn't at the London gigs, not that she couldn't be in town. It was just a guess on my part that she was abroad.

It does seem a bit unlikely that she wouldn't have shown up at one of those gigs if she was anywhere close to home though.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but I can't be the one to explain it to you:roftl:.

I personally don't like guys with makeup...I must be very old fashioned....I like them nice and natural....Well, clean and nice smelling (not TOTALLY natural, if you know what I mean), groomed, but just that.

The blush is too obvious for my taste, but I could come to accept it....The eyeliner however is just too much!! I can't!!

[/color]

i like dirty stuff and sharing my makeup and toothbrush with someone

= make up is really ok for me @men BUT NOT ON MIKA,lol, so since you and me are so different but agree on THE EYELINER ISSUE it might be really "wrong"

we are already ten here who dont like the eyeliner, there r little cute boxes in those countries with pure black eyeliner and its really attractive, really tempting and i fully understand the attraction to own one and to eventually try it but...whatever...:thumbdown: life aint easy

i'm watching the interview again....how polite he is...but it's so evident, in part 3 of the youtube links....he seems to say to someone...pls...rescue me!!!!! make her stop asking silly questions...rescue ME! and then sticks his stare somewhere in space.....:shocked:

:naughty:

She made a double post and deleted the first one. Her second post came after yours.

Hmm...maybe that's a sign that he's wearing too much makeup on a regular basis now.

The blush is way too obvious IMO. It's not even a guys-wearing-makeup thing - blush shouldn't even be that obvious on a woman. That was a bad '80s trend, doing a stripe like that so you can see where it starts and ends instead of a subtle blend.

I know Mika likes to look pretty for the camera so some stage makeup might be necessary when he's performing under bright lights...but he could certainly stand to tone it down a bit IMO.

lol yeah its so utterly eighties, and i keep thinking that the makeup back then was a total mistake in history of makeup but honestly coral blush looks good on him,no?

but hte point is, does he wear it as a concept,powerpop, funny/tragic way or as you mentioned to look pretty for the camera , THATS the big question

robertina , i just watch one video earlier today and i would have been just lmao at his place

Thanks a bunch lcmlcm!

It's nice to see what he's up to.

Thanks for the videos! They're great.

And the pictures.

Ready for the inevitable comment on his hair?

The hair isn't too bad, but he reminds me of a school boy. He looks cute.

The long loose curls are my favorite.:cheerful_h4h:

I haven't read this thread and don't have time right now as I am at work, but Mika in Beijing? He obviously isn't getting involved it the Olympic Torch fiasco or the Tibet situation then?

Maybe he has no thoughts on the subject?

I was thinking the same... hope he either stayes out of it or supports Tibet :mf_rosetinted:

Sorry, but I can't be the one to explain it to you:roftl:.

I personally don't like guys with makeup...I must be very old fashioned....I like them nice and natural....Well, clean and nice smelling (not TOTALLY natural, if you know what I mean), groomed, but just that.

The blush is too obvious for my taste, but I could come to accept it....The eyeliner however is just too much!! I can't!!

Ah, I see....:naughty:

I agree with you yet again Sariflor, lol and in Mika's case he soooo does NOT at this point in his life need anything other than his natural self to look drop dead gawjuz, he is just perfect as he is (but I am really too ancient to be spending any amount of time worrying about this too much):naughty:

Maybe he is easing us gently into his new look he has planned for the next tour...or maybe he really DOES wanna be like Grace Kelly :naughty: I've always said he is pretty enough to get away with wearing a frock lol, his height would give him away though.

i'm watching the interview again....how polite he is...but it's so evident, in part 3 of the youtube links....he seems to say to someone...pls...rescue me!!!!! make her stop asking silly questions...rescue ME! and then sticks his stare somewhere in space.....:shocked:

:naughty:

Yes, he does! Almost rolls his eyes. Poor guy though---to have to sit there through all that translation!

And when he would say something for 5 seconds, it took take the interviewer 10 minutes to translate it! He was like :boxed: :boxed: :boxed:

He was very patient, considering.

Maybe he is easing us gently into his new look he has planned for the next tour...or maybe he really DOES wanna be like Grace Kelly :naughty: I've always said he is pretty enough to get away with wearing a frock lol, his height would give him away though.

:lmfao:!!

I admit, I miss the colorfulness too...:sad:

Well, I'm not SURE, but I think that you can see a "black line" under his eyes that doesn't look very natyural, and he doedsn't have it on the pics with the orange shirt.......I'm a perfectionist you see, and notice the little details:roftl: .

That, or I just see things:naughty:, which is also a possibility.

I didn't notice that until you said this.

Not a fan of guys wearing makeup. Especially blush.

I agree, natural is the best.:thumb_yello:

I don't even wear makeup. I don't even know how to put it on.:naughty:

Mika wears makeup and I don't? Something in this picture is a little off..:naughty:

Yes, he does! Almost rolls his eyes. Poor guy though---to have to sit there through all that translation!

And when he would say something for 5 seconds, it took take the interviewer 10 minutes to translate it! He was like :boxed: :boxed: :boxed:

He was very patient, considering.

He ALWAYS seems to patient to me (wish I was) lol.

lol yeah its so utterly eighties, and i keep thinking that the makeup back then was a total mistake in history of makeup but honestly coral blush looks good on him,no?

It's hard for me to be objective about that because my personal taste is that he looks as masculine as possible. Especially since he does look masculine naturally and it seems to me that his natural/masculine look is reflective of his own personal tastes too. Whenever he's just walking around town he's unshaven, floppy haired, sans makeup and wearing baggy and fairly neutral clothing.

I get the feeling that his glam thing is all for show and possibly more driven by his mother and sisters than himself.

but hte point is, does he wear it as a concept,powerpop, funny/tragic way or as you mentioned to look pretty for the camera , THATS the big question

I think it's a bit of both. Part is the image he wants to project that is not necessarily reflective of his normal tastes and the other part is just vanity. Under bright lights or when the photos are overexposed he looks unbelievably photogenic with all that makeup on. You can't really see the makeup and he just looks like he is blessed with flawless good looks.

Totally agree:thumb_yello:

i like dirty stuff and sharing my makeup and toothbrush with someone

= make up is really ok for me @men BUT NOT ON MIKA,lol, so since you and me are so different but agree on THE EYELINER ISSUE it might be really "wrong"

we are already ten here who dont like the eyeliner, there r little cute boxes in those countries with pure black eyeliner and its really attractive, really tempting and i fully understand the attraction to own one and to eventually try it but...whatever...:thumbdown: life aint easy

:punk: And again, Ditto!

Which reminds me that I need to watch it:naughty: . I can't believe I still haven't watched it!

Hahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once upon a time there was some girls

In the past year they had to learn

How to deal with Mika's brand new short hair

Never know just where to turn for comfort when they saw it there

It hurt me to see the pain across the fan's face

Everytime the MFC put the pictures in place

Hearing all the yelling I would cry up in my room

Hoping it would be over soon ...

Hair grows back Mika, but the pain remains the same

and i still remember when it really wasn't lame...

strength is the fanclub, for keeping us so sane

every morning that i wake, i look back at yesterday...

when it was a mane

It's not so eeeeasy to forget

All the falling hair and how I can now see your neck

And when I run up the stairs

I'm so afraid to log on to the MFC in fear of what I might see next

Ooh I totally love the new version by Caztrina Ingielera :cool:

Which reminds me that I need to watch it:naughty: . I can't believe I still haven't watched it!

Me too!

Me too! I've only seen one. Takes forever to load. :thumbdown:

it really does :thumbdown:

I didn't notice that until you said this.

Not a fan of guys wearing makeup. Especially blush.

I agree, natural is the best.:thumb_yello:

I don't even wear makeup. I don't even know how to put it on.

Mika wears makeup and I don't? Something in this picture is a little off..:naughty:

I'm quite similar, tend to look worse with than without:naughty:

It's hard for me to be objective about that because my personal taste is that he looks as masculine as possible. Especially since he does look masculine naturally and it seems to me that his natural/masculine look is reflective of his own personal tastes too. Whenever he's just walking around town he's unshaven, floppy haired, sans makeup and wearing baggy and fairly neutral clothing.

I get the feeling that his glam thing is all for show and possibly more driven by his mother and sisters than himself.

I also prefer the masculine him, so maybe that's one of the reasons why I feel this way about the makeup....

About the other point, I'm so glad you made it,as I thought about that many, many times.

I often feel that his "glammy" clothing is more to his mum and sisters' taste, rather than his own. But then again, what do I know:roftl: .

I also prefer the masculine him, so maybe that's one of the reasons why I feel this way about the makeup....

About the other point, I'm so glad you made it,as I thought about that many, many times.

I often feel that his "glammy" clothing is more to his mum and sisters' taste, rather than his own. But then again, what do I know:roftl: .

Could be...:blink:

I've never thought of that...

I think he looks really nice in both styles of clothing. I love the colorful pants and interesting shirts as well as the more casual, laid-back stuff...