The Australian Thread: Part Twelve

Rainbow Sky

Hi ya'll,:wub2:

***The Kanga Express arrives, and decants Mouselle in a pile of glitter!***:lmfao:

just popping in for a quick hello!:punk:

(and a quick quote from Mahatma Ghandi!)

"Be the change you want to see in the world!"

If you want a happy MFC, then BE the happy MFC.

If you are here and reading, then you ARE the MFC.

If you whinge about the way its headed, then you are on that road too!

Be contrarian, go against the flow if you have to, and turn it to the way you would like it to be!:sneaky2:

So, smile, be happy, and giggle with bliss, and if you don't want the ugly bits to affect you, then start by pretending they don't. It's surprisingly effective. When people see you happy, it does nice things for them too. (ie Mika) :lmfao:

Yes, you have a right to whinge - it's more than pointless, its another sign (to you, if you choose to take it that way) of 'where the MFC is heading!'

If you want to blame someone, blame me - I don't mind, and if it helps you get over whatever you need to get over, then go for it.

Give me a good blaming, then see what has changed in the world. (answer : Nothing!)

So, giggling I go, and roll in glitter, cos that's where I like to spend my time!

Please come and join me...:lmfao:

*** Gives a loud two-finger whistle and runs singing "Love Today!' through the Aussie house until the Kanga Express arrives again to take her away!***

:lmfao:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

***The Kanga Express arrives, and decants Mouselle in a pile of glitter!***:lmfao:

just popping in for a quick hello!:punk:

Be contrarian, go against the flow if you have to, and turn it to the way you would like it to be!:sneaky2:

So, smile, be happy, and giggle with bliss, and if you don't want the ugly bits to affect you, then start by pretending they don't. It's surprisingly effective. When people see you happy, it does nice things for them too. (ie Mika) :lmfao:

Yes, you have a right to whinge - it's more than pointless, its another sign (to you, if you choose to take it that way) of 'where the MFC is heading!'

If you want to blame someone, blame me - I don't mind, and if it helps you get over whatever you need to get over, then go for it.

Give me a good blaming, then see what has changed in the world. (answer : Nothing!)

So, giggling I go, and roll in glitter, cos that's where I like to spend my time!

Please come and join me...:lmfao:

*** Gives a loud two-finger whistle and runs singing "Love Today!' through the Aussie house until the Kanga Express arrives again to take her away!***

:lmfao:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

You are crazy but you made some awesome points! Thanks Mouselle, good to see you posting!

Here's something that may cheer everyone up:

OK Teegs .. thanks for all of that ...

Speaking as I did was in no way meant to 'jump down your throat' ....

...again I OVER reacted .... I'm just pretty tired of bitching ... I grew up with enough bitching in my childhood .... as I'm sure most of us have ..... anyway ... as i said earlier ... I snapped ..... *rolls eyes re: childhood* .... anyway, I feel really good & clear with you ...

Meh... That's just me... I tend to get defensive a lot... even when someone is standing right in front of me and I can see the visual cues.. I just can't read some people's visual expressions all that well...

Which is part of why Mum thinks I might be autistic (those who havemet Britt, she's me at the same age... exactly the same)...

Hi guys. It's been an interesting couple of days of reading on this thread and I haven't really known what to say, so haven't said anything. I'm mostly just popping in to say I'm still around. I need to go take a look at the "other" forum sometime, but I've just spent a couple of hours dealing with my facebook account that I'd been ignoring for a couple of months so apologies to Teegs for all the things I sent your way in one big hit.

Erm... Okay.

I didn't even know you sent a whole lot of stuff to me in the first place...

It's not just you it happens to, as you can see around the forums.

Human beings are designed to add together both verbal and non-verbal clues in communicating. It's not just the words, it's intonation, facial expressions (not just obvious one like smiles and frowns, but fleeting expressions which are almost subliminal), gestures and reactions to other people. It's the non-verbal communication which tells us how to understand the meaning of the words that are being said.

On the internet we have to rely solely on the words. And they are tricky things. We tend to post the first thing we think of, not revise and hone our words until the meaning is crystal clear. I know there are smilies which we can use to give clues as to how we intend something to be interpreted, but I don't know :naughty: means the same to me as it does to you.

When you're thread-hopping you can see people misinterpreting comments all the time. If the participants were actually talking to each other face to face this wouldn't happen.

It's the medium, not the message (to misquote).

We all need to remember that what we hear in our minds as we post something is not necessarily how it it is received by someone reading the bare words.

:huglove: which I hope is an unambiguous smiley.

Like I said to Hk... I find it hard to read visual cues... and that my mother (for whatever reason) thinks I'm autistic...

Meh, like I give a sh!t anyway.

Hi ya'll,

just popping in for a quick hello!

Be contrarian, go against the flow if you have to, and turn it to the way you would like it to be!

So, smile, be happy, and giggle with bliss, and if you don't want the ugly bits to affect you, then start by pretending they don't. It's surprisingly effective. When people see you happy, it does nice things for them too. (ie Mika)

Please come and join me...

Erm... okay. What drugs are you on again? :blink:

Sorry for not feeling the Mika love... as Bec said, sort of going off Mika ATM... not to say I might not get excitable about him again...

You are crazy but you made some awesome points! Thanks Mouselle, good to see you posting!

Here's something that may cheer everyone up:

Sorry... no.

*watches sig*

There we go... happy place...

WHAT A FINE FAN CLUB WE ARE!

MIKA = 116,900+ VOTES

mika1624.jpg

Vote Here:

http://music.aol.co.uk/sexy-pop-men-cast-your-vote/article/20080222125909990012

CHECK IT OUT!

*steals picture*

*refuses to vote*

(I'm sure you all know that I refused to vote before Bopno came on the scene... I won't vote till Mika announces a tour)

*resuscitates*

In my experience, people tend to say that when their heart's been kicked around..

Vent, girl, vent!

I'm feeling better (ish) now. And what the hell, I don't know any of you. The long and short of it is, due to a series of awkward and embarassing events yesterday, it turns out that the boy I fancy...a LOT...(the one who sings and plays guitar--double whammy...) is into one of my best friends.

So...f*ck.

I feel so teenager-ish.

Hello everyone!

Without the intention of becoming involved or taking sides I just want to say something about the conflict taking place over the last few pages. I've read it all and from an outside perspective most of the arguments seem to be coming from misinterpretation and misunderstanding. It's clear that nobody had the intention to offend anybody. It just seems that some statements are being taken out of context.

That being said..

Friends will be friends

When you're in need of love they give you care and attention

Friends will be friends

When you're through with life and all hope is lost

Hold out your hands cos friends will be friends

Right till the end!

*subtly skips over the tensions*

But...VERY well said, SD. :wub2:

Perhaps you mean this Freddie..

FreddieMercury61.jpg

Or this one..

FreddieMercury92.jpg

Is that the Freddie you know? :wink2:

OK. I've never really (I feel kinda bad for saying this) thought of Freddie as super-attractive (at least not to me) but that last picture...:shocked::mf_lustslow:

Yup, that's the one

Night yall, I'm off to bed, will talk to you tomorrow

Grande bise (big kisses)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bye!! It's nice to see you back :huglove:

I just can't ever see Freddie as attractive... but that's okay... cause I'm sure there are people around who can't ever find Bono attractive...

Which is fine also!

(owwwwww... my eye hurts... stupid acrylic paint)

Like me. :cheerful_h4h:

I think it's more the expression on his (Freddie's) face than anything.

How on earth do you get acrylic paint in your eye? :blink:

Like me. :cheerful_h4h:

How on earth do you get acrylic paint in your eye? :blink:

fair enough... I didn't find Bono overly attractive until I saw him kiss his bass player...

Then saw him almost doing a Patrick Wolf on stage in a Youtube video :das:

and saw my sig...

And I'm sure you get the idea...

I got paint in my eye cause I'm painting on a hoodie like Mika, and I shook the bottle really hard to get more paint out and it must have splashed up into my eye...

Hiya guys !! I'm feeling better today ... thanks .... :huglove: ...... ER .... sorry for you & your pain right now ..... as much as feeling love in the heart is beautiful .... I know it also has it's opposite ... like all things .... & it just aint fair ...... :tears::huglove: ...... something good will come out of it in the end .... it always does ..... but right now I know that can be hard to see ....

fair enough... I didn't find Bono overly attractive until I saw him kiss his bass player...

Then saw him almost doing a Patrick Wolf on stage in a Youtube video :das:

and saw my sig...

And I'm sure you get the idea...

I got paint in my eye cause I'm painting on a hoodie like Mika, and I shook the bottle really hard to get more paint out and it must have splashed up into my eye...

OUCH for your eye Teegs ..... *pats eye* .... did you give it an eye bath ?? :blink:

I'm feeling better (ish) now. And what the hell, I don't know any of you. The long and short of it is, due to a series of awkward and embarassing events yesterday, it turns out that the boy I fancy...a LOT...(the one who sings and plays guitar--double whammy...) is into one of my best friends.

So...f*ck.

I feel so teenager-ish.

:boxed: What an idiot. How can he not see.. :thumbdown:

And I know exactly how you feel.. :huglove:

*zhhz*

*msnslap* Yes.

*gives cookie*

:cheerful_h4h:

Well, it's not like they can outrun a cheeta or anything...

You can't actually see them moving, but they do move.

Yes!! That's exactly what they look like!!!

:roftl:

FreddieMercury92.jpg

Is that the Freddie you know?

He looks like John Travolta :naughty:

Hi ya'll,

***The Kanga Express arrives, and decants Mouselle in a pile of glitter!***

Be contrarian, go against the flow if you have to, and turn it to the way you would like it to be!

So, smile, be happy, and giggle with bliss, and if you don't want the ugly bits to affect you, then start by pretending they don't. It's surprisingly effective. When people see you happy, it does nice things for them too. (ie Mika)

:roll1: :roll1:

So...f*ck.

I feel so teenager-ish.

:huglove:

After finally getting the microwave back onto it's stand my dad has just exclaimed "move this a bit to the left and Bob's your uncle & Fanny's your aunt!" and is claiming this to be a saying. The Fanny bit. Has he made it up? I think he's made it up. My dad makes sayings up all the time. :sneaky2:

Bonocrotchcam.gif

I loves it too :wub2:

He's ballsy grabbing the camera like that. Lame pun intended. :wink2:

I'd be afraid of breaking it hahaha.

And he knows who he is. :naughty: Twat.

Whilst I'm on the subject of twat, (because he called Mika a twat) Patrick Wolf is just testing whether he's famous or not.. He'll perform more.. He's just being a drama queen trying to get publicity, Twat-Style.

They better do another album and tour!!

*shakes fist*

*looks at Bono*

*drools*

*forgives easily*

*knows what it means to be a fangurl now*

errr.. A mallet will do.. so I can "tenderise" him easier.. I suppose..

*points to siggy*

*points out that the bump-tee-dee-bumping is all for the sole purpose of having to lick his wounds*

Twat this... twat that... :naughty:

Well, I'm glad my mallet will work just fine. :shocked: It's okay... you can keep it... really. : P

After finally getting the microwave back onto it's stand my dad has just exclaimed "move this a bit to the left and Bob's your uncle & Fanny's your aunt!" and is claiming this to be a saying. The Fanny bit. Has he made it up? I think he's made it up. My dad makes sayings up all the time. :sneaky2:

Oh yes it's a real expression. As in "my aunt Fanny" (exclamation of disbelief) or "sweet Fanny Adams" (euphemism)

***The Kanga Express arrives, and decants Mouselle in a pile of glitter!***

:roftl::lmfao:

So...f*ck.

I feel so teenager-ish.

*huggles you* I'm sorry you're hurting...I've been there myself several times!

It just means that he doesn't see how special you are....and that there is someone better waiting for you around the corner:thumb_yello:

He looks like John Travolta

:shocked: What are you on girl?:naughty: John Travolta is cute, but as much as I love Freddie, I've never found him attractive.

Hi there!:punk:

Oh yes it's a real expression. As in "my aunt Fanny" (exclamation of disbelief) or "sweet Fanny Adams" (euphemism)

Psshhh :sneaky2::bleh:

:shocked: What are you on girl?John Travolta is cute, but as much as I love Freddie, I've never found him attractive.

They look the same *hmph*

Or at least do in that picture.

I've just gone looking for my stupid cat in the nature reserve. Thought it would be a good idea to let the dog loose because he can cover more ground. Naturally, the twerp found a bunch of kangaroos instead and went off chasing them so fast that he was yelping. Being the hilarious genius that I am, as we were trudging through the shrubbery after the idiot, scraping the flesh off our legs doing so, I said to my mum "Okay, lets go back and let the bird out to find the dog" :roftl: :roftl: Get it? Get it? Because our combined intelligence decided it would be a good idea to let the dog that gets off on chasing things off his lead in a kangaroo infested area. Caught him again, like 2 km away from where he started chasing the kangaroos. Didn't find the stupid cat, but found an awesome like, fox den - with all little tunnels going off from a hole thing. I desperately want to go back at ngiht or something and try to see them :cheerful_h4h:

(I've obviously just told this story because I wanted to share with you my genius joking-prowess)

Does this say they are open until midnight? http://www.adventureworld.net.au/events.asp?Event_ID=35

Seems weird to me, would you even be allowed on the rides in the dark? :blink:

Hello everyone!

*subtly skips over the tensions*

But...VERY well said, SD. :wub2:

OK. I've never really (I feel kinda bad for saying this) thought of Freddie as super-attractive (at least not to me) but that last picture... :mf_lustslow:

Thankyou! I spent a while trying to express myself in the right way without stepping on anyone's toes or appearing to take sides, etc.

Agreed. While I actually do find Freddie attractive (especially when he was young with the long hair! :mf_lustslow: ), that photo is particularly lovely.

:wub2:

Agreed. Again.

He looks like John Travolta :naughty:

:shocked: Take that back!

:naughty:

I agree with Bec. I come here now for the friendships formed..

I think the fact we only have one real thread in our Chat about Mika section on the AMF and all the rest is in the non-Mika sections sums us up.. :roftl:

Heya Stalker Girl!! :plane:

HK, it makes a little bit more sense knowing that you quoted the wrong post.

But, I am still very confused about why you had an outburst. I can't actually see what provoked it.

Anyway, moving on..

The sour taste on MFC has been around the forum for quite some time. The fact it's only slightly in here is a good thing considering our kick in the teeth cancellation.

Yet, I have to say I'm unsure where it's been really sour in here. But I'm comparing this thread to one's I know have turned sour. Maybe my comparison is off.

Hey Lyonesse! How's Luke? :naughty:

6. finally

awwwww ... to SD's post...

But, honestly, maybe I need to go back and re-read this thread.. I'm lost as to where things got sour enough that it led to HK's post.

Haha he seems good :o

As I "yelled" at him just now for it, "a bit out of it"

I hate when people do that and I let him know :P

How are you?

Meh... That's just me... I tend to get defensive a lot... even when someone is standing right in front of me and I can see the visual cues.. I just can't read some people's visual expressions all that well...

Which is part of why Mum thinks I might be autistic (those who havemet Britt, she's me at the same age... exactly the same)...

Erm... Okay.

I didn't even know you sent a whole lot of stuff to me in the first place...

Like I said to Hk... I find it hard to read visual cues... and that my mother (for whatever reason) thinks I'm autistic...

Meh, like I give a sh!t anyway.

Erm... okay. What drugs are you on again? :blink:

Sorry for not feeling the Mika love... as Bec said, sort of going off Mika ATM... not to say I might not get excitable about him again...

Sorry... no.

*watches sig*

There we go... happy place...

*steals picture*

*refuses to vote*

(I'm sure you all know that I refused to vote before Bopno came on the scene... I won't vote till Mika announces a tour)

Haha nice :o

I won't vote either on that note. I want Mika to come HERE too!

I love your siggie, are those puotes all from Mika?

They look the same *hmph*

Or at least do in that picture.

I've just gone looking for my stupid cat in the nature reserve. Thought it would be a good idea to let the dog loose because he can cover more ground. Naturally, the twerp found a bunch of kangaroos instead and went off chasing them so fast that he was yelping. Being the hilarious genius that I am, as we were trudging through the shrubbery after the idiot, scraping the flesh off our legs doing so, I said to my mum "Okay, lets go back and let the bird out to find the dog" :roftl: :roftl: Get it? Get it? Because our combined intelligence decided it would be a good idea to let the dog that gets off on chasing things off his lead in a kangaroo infested area. Caught him again, like 2 km away from where he started chasing the kangaroos. Didn't find the stupid cat, but found an awesome like, fox den - with all little tunnels going off from a hole thing. I desperately want to go back at ngiht or something and try to see them :cheerful_h4h:

(I've obviously just told this story because I wanted to share with you my genius joking-prowess)

Does this say they are open until midnight? http://www.adventureworld.net.au/events.asp?Event_ID=35

Seems weird to me, would you even be allowed on the rides in the dark? :blink:

When was the last time you had your eyes tested:wink2:

OMG I love your dog so much:roftl:

Sure you did:naughty:

It looks like it says midnight to me.....that would be cool!

Hello everyone!

Hi SD *waves*

:shocked: Take that back!

:naughty:

*doesn't*

I love your siggie, are those puotes all from Mika?

NO!

When was the last time you had your eyes tested

OMG I love your dog so much

Sure you did

It looks like it says midnight to me.....that would be cool!

When I was roughly 11.

Me too. It's a bit of a love/hate relationship unfortunately :tears:

:original:

Awesome :biggrin2: I have free tickets to use, but I'm working most the day :boxed: