The Australian Thread: Part Twelve

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At least he was nominated. Would have been nice if he came down for it though....

Anyhoo, I need to go and sort about 100 pieces of clothing out and put them in the correct bedroom (boring!) but my room is swamped with clothes at the moment so if I don't do it now I can't go to bed later!

Might be back in a while!

Remake award went to Jaime End of erm Shopping Spree (or something like that!) Don't think the video award has been on (will be pissed off if I have missed it!) The awards aren't that exciting, some many ad breaks and performances by people I don't know, I have been watching an episode of Desperate Housewives on the comp at the same time.

Hopefully will have some news soon!

Good I was hoping that one would win (its a friend of a friend who made it) :naughty:

delta goodrem

:woot_jump:

Awesome that an AUSSIE won the MTV AUSTRALIA best video award. :thumb_yello:

I thought delta did deserve it... and she would have prob won by heaps. Mika never had a chance.

Plus her video is really cool

Mika never stood a chance..

Especially since they couldn't even be bothered blogging about it on his MySpace page, unlike every other award he's been nominated for..

Had they of blogged about it, more people would've voted.

Well Done to Delta. I think she's fantastic. :wub2:

(plus, one of my best friends is Brian McFaddens cousin.)

delta goodrem

:boxed:

exactly what i was thinking..

well, now i can go get some sleep..

nighty night everyone!

Night!

At least he was nominated. Would have been nice if he came down for it though....

Psshh, as if :blink:

Have fun clothes-sorting :thumb_yello:

Good I was hoping that one would win (its a friend of a friend who made it)

Awesome :biggrin2:

I thought delta did deserve it... and she would have prob won by heaps. Mika never had a chance.

Plus her video is really cool

I haven't seen it, link?

Mika never stood a chance..

Especially since they couldn't even be bothered blogging about it on his MySpace page, unlike every other award he's been nominated for..

Had they of blogged about it, more people would've voted.

Yeah, I reckon...

It was obviously a competition between Mika fans and Delta fans, I don't think he stood much chance :naughty:

*cough*

And the contenders were:

Fergie, 'Clumsy'

Mika, 'Happy Ending'

Delta Goodrem, 'Believe Again'

Foo Fighters, 'The Pretender'

50 Cent featuring Justin Timberlake and Timbaland, 'Ayo Technology'

Have a think about the popularity of each of these artists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lF4muY4xdU

It's really quite random ... oh, wait, a balloon/talking hand snooze-nap? Right, okay, well it's good. It was obviously a competition between Mika fans and Delta fans, I don't think he stood much chance :naughty:

I don't think it even came down to that. If anything it might be delta and foo fighters, or delta and fifty cent.... or even delta and fergie.

Each have pretty strong fanbases in Australia and have got higher on the charts. 50 gets the "gangsta votes", foo fighters have always had a solid fanbase and fergie is big among the tweens.

Lets face it...as much as the mfc may love Mika I doubt he could compete with them in Aus at the moment

*cough*

And the contenders were:

Fergie, 'Clumsy'

Mika, 'Happy Ending'

Delta Goodrem, 'Believe Again'

Foo Fighters, 'The Pretender'

50 Cent featuring Justin Timberlake and Timbaland, 'Ayo Technology'

Have a think about the popularity of each of these artists.

I don't think it even came down to that. If anything it might be delta and foo fighters, or delta and fifty cent.... or even delta and fergie.

Each have pretty strong fanbases in Australia and have got higher on the charts. 50 gets the "gangsta votes", foo fighters have always had a solid fanbase and fergie is big among the tweens.

Lets face it...as much as the mfc may love Mika I doubt he could compete with them in Aus at the moment

:shocked: Oh right, he stood no chance at all :naughty:

... considering .. :boxed::thumbdown:

*couldn't resist continuing where you left off*

Without reviving the old heartache too much, the sad reality is that this is exactly what we'll be seeing now any time Mika could be acknowledged for his music endeavors in Oz.

You have to give to receive.

I don't think a whole lot of MFCers voted either, nothing like that hottest man or whatever poll it is that has a ridiculous number of votes right now :boxed:

Anyway, I was just looking at my profile (lol, no idea why) and it's my 5 month MFC-versary today! :yay:

(Holy crap, 5 months already :shocked::boxed: This year has been going really quick...)

:naughty:

Aren't they supposed to take them off at the store? :blink: Did you steal it?:naughty:

This thing is inside the actual case which then has cellophane over it. And no, I didn't steal it! *blows raspberry at OKD*

Yeah. They should have unlocked it at the place where you bought it from. I nearly left one of those things locked when somebody bought a DVD today. The case was black and so was the lock thing so it was really hard to see. Luckily the customer reminded me about it and I had a closer look!

So yes, just take it back to the store with your receipt (as soangel said) and they'll be able to unlock it for you, no hassle! If you don't want to do that you could try unlocking it with strong magnets :naughty: . That's how the unlocker device things work.

:thumb_yello:

Since I gave it to hubby for Christmas and we're just now getting around to watching it, I don't have the reciept anymore. We got it open eventually and once it was open we found we could have done it with magnets instead of a knife. So thanks for your answers everyone, I just got them after we watched. Oh, and btw? It was Spinal Tap and I'd never seen it before.

... considering ..

*couldn't resist continuing where you left off*

Without reviving the old heartache too much, the sad reality is that this is exactly what we'll be seeing now any time Mika could be acknowledged for his music endeavors in Oz.

You have to give to receive.

I have to concede with you Kelz .... why did Mika's myspace NOT give a **** about the Aussie MTV awards ... ?? :sneaky2:

I don't think a whole lot of MFCers voted either, nothing like that hottest man or whatever poll it is that has a ridiculous number of votes right now :boxed:

Anyway, I was just looking at my profile (lol, no idea why) and it's my 5 month MFC-versary today!

(Holy crap, 5 months already This year has been going really quick...)

:yay: YAY for your 5 mth. Mikaversary !!! :yay:

We used to do that too ...... :tears: ...... *maybe is also finally dis-illusioned* :shocked::naughty:

This thing is inside the actual case which then has cellophane over it. And no, I didn't steal it! *blows raspberry at OKD*

:tongue2:

Since I gave it to hubby for Christmas and we're just now getting around to watching it, I don't have the reciept anymore. We got it open eventually and once it was open we found we could have done it with magnets instead of a knife. So thanks for your answers everyone, I just got them after we watched. Oh, and btw? It was Spinal Tap and I'd never seen it before.

:yay: YAY for your 5 mth. Mikaversary !!! :yay:

We used to do that too ...... :tears: ...... *maybe is also finally dis-illusioned*

:cheerful_h4h:

Have you guys seen this thread? It's quite humorous, but this post on the top here actually almost had me in tears:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1409361&posted=1#post1409361

Oh,a nd I'm now addicted to this game: http://play.typeracer.com/

:lmfao: ..... Spinal Tap is sooooo ..... :lmfao: .... !!!!!!!!