Just a Little Roundup of New Album Info

DS Nightly

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JUST to round things up that have been CONFIRMED by Mika himself.

Incase you missed Mika's Chinese interview (or didn't watch the WHOLE thing), he had said he was going to be writing and writing all the way up to the summer. Then, during the summer, he was have a small tour (not sure what THAT would be promoting). After summer, he said he'd continue to write throughout the fall....WHICH leads ME to believe Mika's new album WON'T be in stores any time this year... I'm thinking late 1st quater or early second quater of 09 (nearly a YEAR away. :( )...

HOPEFULLY he tours in North America again this summer (again, I dunno WHY he would be) but it would be great to see him in person again this year. :)

He's doing a lot of European festivals in the summer, I think he may be referring to that?

JUST to round things up that have been CONFIRMED by Mika himself.

Incase you missed Mika's Chinese interview (or didn't watch the WHOLE thing), he had said he was going to be writing and writing all the way up to the summer. Then, during the summer, he was have a small tour (not sure what THAT would be promoting). After summer, he said he'd continue to write throughout the fall....WHICH leads ME to believe Mika's new album WON'T be in stores any time this year... I'm thinking late 1st quater or early second quater of 09 (nearly a YEAR away. :( )...

HOPEFULLY he tours in North America again this summer (again, I dunno WHY he would be) but it would be great to see him in person again this year. :)

I don't know what anyone else thinks, but I think Mika should release SOMETHING this year, even if it is just a single of something like HMDYLM.

Also, when he's doing his concerts and tours, I really think he should incorporate some new songs, or sing some of the ones people love, which haven't been sung live, like Your Sympathy, Erase, and The Only Lonely One.

I say this because, much as I adore the songs from LICM, that he has ben singing live, I think he needs to broaden his repotoire and include a few surprises.

I appreciate that he wants to write a great album, but this year could either, seal his career, or help it to ultimately fail if people start thinking he was just a flash-in-the-pan. Mika has worked so hard for this success. I'd be gutted if he failed because people think he can't come up with something new, when we know that he CAN.

i hope we don't have to wait that long but as someone already said about being finished studies and that by next year, i'm the same so maybe it's a good thing-i can be done with all my study and then stalk him properly:):):) i do hope he comes to Ireland soon though, we really are being deprived:(:(:(

Well he said he wasn't going to disappear and that we would see something, I can't remember the interview but I do remember him saying that, (anyone else know what interview it was?).

I'm pleased he's taking his time, he probably needs a few months without all the travelling and performing and late nights etc. Although when I hung around at Brixton on the 28th and he came out, a lady asked him when he would be going back to Germany and he said that it'd probably be with the next album. So she asked him if that'd be 2009 and I seem to remember he said something like 'hopefully this year', but don't quote me on that, I was within five feet of the man at the time and therefore my brain may have (definitely) turned to mush, haha.

But didn't I also hear him say that he would have "something" out soon?

At the very beginning of the third part of the Beijing interview,

he says something like "I'll release something, soon. At some point."

It's the tail end of his answer to the question about "when"

in the second part of the interview. "Something" could be a new

single... or maybe that EP that was mentioned oh so many months ago...?

(I can dream, can't I? :naughty: )

dcdeb

Oh the EP! I hope it!

Mika should release that EP he's been banging on about :

he said it would be a collection of sad songs that wouldn't make it on an album. I remember that much, and it would be about 6 songs.

I'd love to hear "Loverboy" and "Sally" on the new album - i think the finished product would be absolutely fantastic.

O yeah. But maybe he already changed his mind and chose some happier songs (I hope:naughty: ) I mean, he said it like a year ago, and it still isn't there!

Maybe the EP is coming at the top of...whenever. :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl:

Ah, the imaginary, I mean elusive and mythical, EP!!!

Yeah well we live in hope :naughty:

I believe in the EP! I believe in the EP! I believe in Mika! I believe in Mika!:shocked:

That thing is almost like, a legend or something:naughty:

As much as I want a new album....NOW....

I am also happy he won't be releasing a new album for a while...just for his tour schedule of course. By the time he starts touring again, I will be done school and and will be able to actually travel to the gigs again....:wink2:

oh yeah I had forgotten about the plan :mf_rosetinted:

I realy don't want him to rush it and i know he won't. But a year to me, I think because I'm young and I spend most of my week at school, waiting for the weekend, a year to me is very long, like a twelth of my life.:boxed:

But I will just have to wait. I hope he does release another single or something because I couldnt last a whole year with just some festivals and maybe the odd interview, after everything that happened last year I was hoping this year would be the same. But I don't blame Mika. He does what he wants.:blush-anim-cl:

what's an EP?? i've heard him talk about it and i've seen ye talk about it here but i don't know what it is?! sorry if i'm being really thick!!

It's kind of like a mini album; a lot of bands/artists release an EP before they release their debut album as a sort of introduction to their music and so people buy the album when it comes out. In this case I imagine it's more...I think it'd be a bit harsh to say filler, but it's bridging the gap between the two albums. Probably the point of it is just for Mika to say 'yeah, I'm still here' so people don't just forget about him.

It's usually got about 5 or 6 tracks on it, so fingers crossed for an EP before the next album. :thumb_yello:

I wonder if there will be any of the new album for his Summer tour?

I hope so:wub2: that'd be amazing!

I feel like I can be patient for it, but at the same time I'm so excited and want it now!!:naughty:

but Mika should relax and take it easy and not stress over it, we'll wait forever if we have to!:wub2:

what's an EP?? i've heard him talk about it and i've seen ye talk about it here but i don't know what it is?! sorry if i'm being really thick!!

An EP is somewhere between a single, and an album. Like a mini-album really, with about 6 songs. I really hope he's got one planned for this year.

It's kind of like a mini album; a lot of bands/artists release an EP before they release their debut album as a sort of introduction to their music and so people buy the album when it comes out. In this case I imagine it's more...I think it'd be a bit harsh to say filler, but it's bridging the gap between the two albums. Probably the point of it is just for Mika to say 'yeah, I'm still here' so people don't just forget about him.

It's usually got about 5 or 6 tracks on it, so fingers crossed for an EP before the next album. :thumb_yello:

I hope he has an EP for the Summer!:D

I would be worried if it was coming out too soon.

Usually, the second album makes or breaks an artist. I want Mika around for a good long while. So, I'm looking forward to an awesome second album that is as good as the first, but is different enough that it doesn't sound like he's just going to keep writing the same stuff. That would be boring. I don't think Mika could ever be accused of being boring.

I'm glad he's taking his time and making sure he's putting out something he can be proud of and not just throwing us a bone because we're in a hurry for more. I'm definitely impatient, but all good things are worth waiting for.

At least that's what I tell myself when I wish life would just hurry up and get on with it! :punk:

My thoughts exactly

I wont be suprised at all if the album is next year , Mika wont be rushed :wink2: , he definately has his own mind set

And that's why I love him

thanks! sounds cool, hope it happens soon:)

But didn't I also hear him say that he would have "something" out soon?

At the very beginning of the third part of the Beijing interview,

he says something like "I'll release something, soon. At some point."

It's the tail end of his answer to the question about "when"

in the second part of the interview. "Something" could be a new

single... or maybe that EP that was mentioned oh so many months ago...?

(I can dream, can't I? :naughty: )

dcdeb

i'm dreaming of that EP too!

I think it's very positive that he said he'll release something soon.

• 2 months later...