• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ZOMG!!!! :shocked::mf_lustslow::punk: Soooo awesome!!!

Did you take a picture posing in the doorway? Please tell me you took pictures posing in the doorway. If you did not take pictures posing in the door way I demand you return there immediately and take pictures posing in the door way :lol3:

We did. Hell we did. And I hope we will return anyway because I look like a common idiot in these photos.

I used to live by london. But i think i would take LA any day.

Arent they in La in september?

And in Duesseldorf in August. Thanks for reminding me. :sneaky2::crybaby:

I used to live by london. But i think i would take LA any day.

Arent they in La in september?

You should know! :naughty:

I'm going to LA in December. No, wait, in November and in January :cheerful_h4h:

Yay! Maybe we can meet, you have to come into the airport :naughty: I can't leave :naughty:

We did. Hell we did. And I hope we will return anyway because I look like a common idiot in these photos.

AhhhhhH!!!! Fantasticccccccc!!!!!!!!!! :punk: I need to see!!!

And in Duesseldorf in August. Thanks for reminding me.

And in Australia in August :tears::crybaby:

You should know! :naughty:

I'm going to LA in December. No, wait, in November and in January :cheerful_h4h:

Yay! Maybe we can meet, you have to come into the airport :naughty: I can't leave :naughty:

AhhhhhH!!!! Fantasticccccccc!!!!!!!!!! :punk: I need to see!!!

And in Australia in August :tears::crybaby:

Why cant you leave the airport, are you a national security threat?

And yes, aussieland, the other side of aussie land over 6000 miles away.

:blink:?

I wish they would come to perth :cheerful_h4h: *mohap*.

Hi everyone,

Mika is my favourite singer :wub2: but I'm also a fan of The Kooks, I searched but I couldn't find a The Kooks thread (sorry if there is already one).

So, are there more The Kooks-fans on the MFC?

Wednesday I bought the new album "Konk". It's a great album! :thumb_yello: (Inside in /inside out was also good!)

My favourite songs from the new album are: "Always where I need to be", "Sway", "Do you wanna" and "Shine on"

I have the Kooks music on my Myspace profile.

What is their album like guys?:thumb_yello:

Fri 28th November - Bridlington Spa 01262 678258

Sat 29th November - Brighton Centre 0844 847 1515 :punk:

Mon 1st/2nd/3rd December - London Roundhouse 0870 389 1846 :punk: :punk: :punk:

Fri 5th December - Llandudno, North Wales Theatre 01492872000

Sat 6th December - Doncaster Dome 0871 2200 260

Sunday 7th December - Wolverhampton Civic Hall 0870 320 7000

Monday 8th December - Blackpool Empress Ballroom 0871 2200 260

What is their album like guys?:thumb_yello:

I might just quote their website :naughty:

" 'The greatest records in the world can be put on in any situation: you can put them on at a party and they're going to sound great, you could put them on in a club and they're going to sound great, you could put them on on your headphones and listen in bed. That's when you get a great album,' says Luke Pritchard. 'And that's how I like to think of this album.'

The Kooks are back. 2006's Inside In/Inside Out was a huge hit, selling some 2 million copies worldwide, spawning massive singles 'She Moves In Her Own Way', 'You Don't Love Me', 'Sofa Song', 'Eddie's Gun', 'Ooh La' and especially 'Naïve' – after which the album took on a whole new life of its own. The Brighton quartet quickly rang up sell-out shows not just in the UK but in America and all over the world, earning a support slot with The Rolling Stones along the way and categorically establishing themselves as A Great British Band.

Singer/guitarist Luke, lead guitarist Hugh Harris, bassist Max Rafferty and drummer Paul Garred quickly came to be regarded as a classic British song-writing outfit, able to stand alongside The Kinks, Oasis, Coldplay or any number of others you care to mention, simply because they understand what makes pop music great.

'If it doesn't make you feel good, then what's the point?' says Luke. 'There's too much drab shoe-gazing **** around. I hate all that cack. You've to push through it. That's where you get great songs.'

'Music should make you happy,' concurs Hugh. 'It should change you in some way. That's why our fans are so crazy and committed. There's that connection.'

'We give people a great night out,' continues Luke, who's still only 22. 'That's the whole point. And I probably buzz off the crowd more than they buzz off us. Music's all about getting everyone together. How can you be cynical when you're at a festival and there's 20,000 people – all different kinds of people; young, old, black, white – and everyone's singing the same songs?'

Anyone who's ever enjoyed (a) pop music or (b) a good night out, has plenty of reason to cheer when it comes to Konk, The Kooks' second long-player, recorded over six weeks at the tail-end of 2007 in Ray Davies' Konk Studios in north London, plus a week at Los Angeles' Sound Factory. The sessions once again united the group with esteemed producer Tony Hoffer (Beck/Air/The Fratellis). Luke: 'It was brilliant. It was like a school reunion. Tony's a genius; he's a really talented guy and he's fun to be around. We had the best time.'

While James Brown's Live At The Apollo classic 'I'll Go Crazy' provided daily in-studio listening, end-of-session downtime was spent in the local Irish pub, The Kooks' soon making friends with the locals. 'The owner would give us a lock-in,' says Luke. 'We'd end up having a drink with all the Irishmen.'

'I just started thinking how cool the studio is,' says Hugh, by way of explaining how he came to suggest the album title. 'And how much of a part of our sound it is.'

Indeed, in Konk The Kooks' fanbase will find plenty to recall the freewheeling spirit that made Inside In/Inside Out a true word-of-mouth success – one of those rare cultural phenomena that grew and grew the more people heard it – while others will be aware just how much they've subtly upped their game. 'It sounds big,' says Luke, someone not given to over-analysing the process, preferring to let the songs speak for themselves. 'We thought a lot more about production. It's a second album and we'd done a lot more touring and recording [by that stage]. We tried to make a dynamic album where every song has its own little world. That was the philosophy.'

'We always have so much material,' says Hugh, of the set that includes songs dating back to Inside In/Inside Out to others written a fortnight before the sessions ended. 'As a songwriter you need to get things down. Making an album has become such a big thing now. The Kinks used to do two albums a year. The Rolling Stones would go and cut a single – plus a b-side – between tours. Some of that immediacy gets lost today. But we've made a really great record that I'm really proud of it. I'm not ashamed to say that.'

While 'Gap' is classic Kooks, a song like 'Shine On' finds Luke exploring hitherto unchartered lyrical territory over the loveliest of melodies. It's destined to become another lynchpin in The Kooks' live set. 'We've never done a song like that before,' he says. 'A lot of people might think its quite standard, but when you listen to it, it's not. It's a really weird little tune. I'm really pleased with it.' Then there's 'Always Where I Need To Be' a tumbling rocker with a 'do-do-do, do-do-do-do' refrain that might just be the catchiest thing they've ever done. 'Sway', meanwhile, provides an early album highlight. ''Sway' is one I always go back to,' says Luke. 'Hugh's guitar solo is genius – I don't even know how he did it, even though I was there. And obviously the words hold a certain thing for me.'

2008, then: it promises to be another stellar year for the fourpiece. 'We came through [in 2006] with some great acts – Arctic Monkeys, Amy Winehouse, Beirut – but, for me, last year was a really wishy-washy time for bands,' says Luke. 'It feels like the time's right for us to come back.'

With shows already lined up in places as far afield as Dubai, Brazil and – oh yes – Hawaii, not to say some very special UK venues ('We want to do things differently,' says Luke. 'Some of those arena venues… who wants to see a band in a tin shed?') plus a truly magical slot at The Isle Of Wight Festival, the outlook for the boys' 2008 is sunny.

'We've made a really good album,' concludes Luke. 'I love the idea of people putting it on in their bedrooms, then going mental.'

'I hope that everyone puts it on,' he says. 'And it makes them feel great.'

Let the good times roll. "

Yes, and because it costs money to leave the airport :P

Rub it in :sneaky2:

(I apologize for the size)

(Pretty boring actually.)

CRAZY HOMIES! :punk:

What is their album like guys?

Like their music :naughty:

Sat 29th November - Brighton Centre 0844 847 1515

Mon 1st/2nd/3rd December - London Roundhouse 0870 389 1846

Do you know what I just realised? :woot_jump: I'll be in Costa Rica then. When you're watching the Kooks :cheerful_h4h:

" 'The greatest records in the world can be put on in any situation: you can put them on at a party and they're going to sound great, you could put them on in a club and they're going to sound great, you could put them on on your headphones and listen in bed. That's when you get a great album,' says Luke Pritchard. 'And that's how I like to think of this album.'

Always so modest, that Braces-Face :naughty:

he he

not even a pub...

Why not? :bleh:

Do you know what I just realised? :woot_jump: I'll be in Costa Rica then. When you're watching the Kooks :cheerful_h4h:

:crybaby: I MISS YOU!!! (already)

Always so modest, that Braces-Face :naughty:

Don't be such a seaside :sneaky2:.

But yes, he has always had issues with his luke to luke younger than he is :naughty:.

P-p-p-p-p-p-petraaa! :naughty: You probably shouldn't log in. I think I've sent you roughly 400000 messages :fisch:

Really? Why?

Dunno, that's what they said at the travel agents, some kind of entering-the-country-tax. But I was reading the flights information last night (hmm, I actually don't think I offline-messaged this info to you) and it said something about included hotel stays in places like LA where you might have to stay overnight, so then I looked at the flights properly and I spend 32 hours in LA on the way back! :punk: So I do get to go out of the airport! AND I realised I'm going to Mexico, which I didn't even know! When is Ana going home? OMG! Like .. maybe at the exact same time we will be in the same airport! :P I have to spend like 10 hours there.

I MISS YOU!!! (already)

:crybaby:! So I was looking up the place where I stay with a host family for that first week (okay so I looked at a real estate site :naughty:) and it looked pretty good! Like - looked like they would have internet! :lmfao:

Don't be such a seaside.

But yes, he has always had issues with his luke to luke younger than he is.

:lmao:

P-p-p-p-p-p-petraaa! :naughty; You probably shouldn't log in. I think I've sent you roughly 400000 messages :fisch;

Tell MSN to work properly :crybaby:.

Dunno, that's what they said at the travel agents, some kind of entering-the-country-tax. But I was reading the flights information last night (hmm, I actually don't think I offline-messaged this info to you) and it said something about included hotel stays in places like LA where you might have to stay overnight, so then I looked at the flights properly and I spend 32 hours in LA on the way back! :punk: So I do get to go out of the airport! AND I realised I'm going to Mexico, which I didn't even know! When is Ana going home? OMG! Like .. maybe at the exact same time we will be in the same airport! :P I have to spend like 10 hours there.

Strange country :boxed:.

No idea when Ana is going back. No idea when *I* am going back. I want to stay, waaaahh!!!!

:crybaby:! So I was looking up the place where I stay with a host family for that first week (okay so I looked at a real estate site :naughty:) and it looked pretty good! Like - looked like they would have internet! :lmfao:

:cheerful_h4h:

Last night I had the idea that the internet here is fast enough and that I could spend my morning uploading videos - videos which were already here in a much smaller quality and which are actually not interesting but which can be used to fill the thread. :blink::naughty:

Bianca, you already have them.

*wonders if there is any reason to upload them when Bianca already has them anyway :boxed:*

Ooh La from the Kulturkirche in Cologne (until the security told me to stop filming :sneaky2:)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0TP8RRL9

Beginning of Naive in Cologne (Palladium) (I guess. I forgot. Now I am thinking about it... it was the Palladium. Yes. ):

http://www.mediafire.com/?cyxnybzln9d

Do you wanna (about 20sec or so. nothing serious.)

http://www.mediafire.com/?z2b0m1djjwm

See the World (Kulturkirche? Maybe.)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GBSG1T3X

Sofa Song (Luke taking a bath. In the Palladium. :das:)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G8VHEC22

and for those who read LemonChiffon (haha, that would mean that someone stumbles into that thread AND checks for LemonChiffon *doh* *lmfao*. Bianca, you have these, too.)

Violet Hill (Coldplay Cover from last week's Live Lounge)

http://www.mediafire.com/?mfjmaygjimz

Belly Love Outtake:

http://www.mediafire.com/?z3zwutcqtmk

ooh yeah i forgot to Post reply...anyway, Bianca, Crazy Homies is not a pub:boxed: is a wanna be mexican bar...yeahh...

are you gonna be in what airport in Mexico?!:blink: hehe

I want to stay...:wub2: INTERNET!!

They do make the thread look nice though, those links :cheerful_h4h:

Did I tell you I went through them yesterday? Because I went through them yesterday, the Kooks stuff on that DVD :cheerful_h4h::mf_lustslow::naughty:(Plenty of lovely black moments in the videos though :fisch:)

And haha, what's the difference? :bleh:

And yes, for 8 hours in Mexico city :naughty:

Did I tell you I went through them yesterday? Because I went through them yesterday, the Kooks stuff on that DVD :cheerful_h4h::mf_lustslow::naughty:(Plenty of lovely black moments in the videos though :fisch:)

But the tighest trousers you have EVER seen.

:cheerful_h4h: