Thank you!!! and OMG Bianca you're going to see The Kooks!!!!!!!:punk:be first row!!!!!!!!

Haley, Megan that's awesome!!!!!!!:mf_lustslow: giving away posters? :fisch:

Adam is a cutie, but there's two Adams...the shine on one and another one who is mentioned in the album as well...:blink:...

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you!!! and OMG Bianca you're going to see The Kooks!!!!!!!:punk:be first row!!!!!!!!

Haley, Megan that's awesome!!!!!!!:mf_lustslow: giving away posters? :fisch:

Adam is a cutie, but there's two Adams...the shine on one and another one who is mentioned in the album as well...:blink:...

Lovely location. Get on the sofa!

OMG!!!

Today our cell phone rang and it was from Capitol Records!!!!! They picked US to be The Kooks street teamers for the St. Louis area the day of their gig!!!!! We'll be able to meet up with The Kooks tour manager, Adam and he'll tell us what all to do and maybe even meet the band, and maybe be there to listen to sound checks and everything. The girl on the phone said that we'll be covering the live gig and also the instore performance before the concert at vintage vinyl in St. Louis. We'll be sent a package with posters and everything and a list of what to do and everything!!!! OMG we can't believe it!!!!!!! They will be giving us two free tickets also!!!! YAY!!!

The Meyer Twins

:biggrin2:WOW!! thats so awesome!!! have a great time!! :biggrin2:

WOW you guys are making us even MORE excited now. Haven't got the package yet (lol since it was only yesterday that she called) but are anxious to get it. I know that we'll probably put up posters and flyers at our university some day before the concert since it's about 30 minutes from St. Louis. We are definately keeping a couple for ourselves and we'll be sure to keep a few out for you all.:wink2:

So we also got two free tickets but unfortunately we had already ordered the tickets like a couple months ago, haha. So maybe we'll give those to a couple friends or family. We're supposed to call the girl back at capitol records after we get the package so we'll be asking her questions and we'll keep you all posted. She also said that Adam will be calling us the day of the concert.:mf_rosetinted:

WOW you guys are making us even MORE excited now. Haven't got the package yet (lol since it was only yesterday that she called) but are anxious to get it. I know that we'll probably put up posters and flyers at our university some day before the concert since it's about 30 minutes from St. Louis. We are definately keeping a couple for ourselves and we'll be sure to keep a few out for you all.:wink2:

So we also got two free tickets but unfortunately we had already ordered the tickets like a couple months ago, haha. So maybe we'll give those to a couple friends or family. We're supposed to call the girl back at capitol records after we get the package so we'll be asking her questions and we'll keep you all posted. She also said that Adam will be calling us the day of the concert.:mf_rosetinted:

thats so exciting!! :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

I would probably tackle the box when it came!! or grab it out of the mailman's hands :naughty: and run!

thats so exciting!! :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

I would probably tackle the box when it came!! or grab it out of the mailman's hands :naughty: and run!

Haha, yeah! Sometimes we feel like hugging the mailman, being autograph collectors and all, and bunches of mfc stuff. We can just see the mailman fumbling with our package and us being like, this is OFFICIAL business!!!!! And he would be like.....:shocked::boxed:

Haha, yeah! Sometimes we feel like hugging the mailman, being autograph collectors and all, and bunches of mfc stuff. We can just see the mailman fumbling with our package and us being like, this is OFFICIAL business!!!!! And he would be like.....:shocked::boxed:

haha thats cool! do you have mika autograph? :biggrin2:

or the kooks!? you will, when you go to see them, either way!!

haha, yeah! :naughty:

I think my mailman might be scared if I ran to him.. I think I'm gonna run when my box from fushia(hopefully soon!) arrives!! he would probably keep all the windows shut in his car and drop off the box, quicky, and speed away :naughty: before I could reach the mailbox!

haha thats cool! do you have mika autograph? :biggrin2:

or the kooks!? you will, when you go to see them, either way!!

haha, yeah! :naughty:

I think my mailman might be scared if I ran to him.. I think I'm gonna run when my box from fushia(hopefully soon!) arrives!! he would probably keep all the windows shut in his car and drop off the box, quicky, and speed away :naughty: before I could reach the mailbox!

No unfortunately we don't have Mika's autograph. He didn't sign or do a meet and greet in Chicago earlier this year, we think due to the weather. We don't have the Kook's either, but hope to get theirs in a couple weeks.:naughty: We haven't ever been to one of their concerts. We do have The Tings Tings and Vampire Weekend's though. We have like over 350 of just movie star autographs, mainly classic movie stars.

No unfortunately we don't have Mika's autograph. He didn't sign or do a meet and greet in Chicago earlier this year, we think due to the weather. We don't have the Kook's either, but hope to get theirs in a couple weeks.:naughty: We haven't ever been to one of their concerts. We do have The Tings Tings and Vampire Weekend's though. We have like over 350 of just movie star autographs, mainly classic movie stars.

yea you should definetly be able to get the kooks autograph very soon :biggrin2:

haha thats awesome! the ting tings are coool!

Yayness! No doubt we'll be waiting patiently to hear about your Kooks experience...

Girls!

The postman brings love... can't scare him off...

Speaking of...

My mum has a theory about why Mika hasn't come back here... she thinks it's because we scared him off! :shocked::sneaky2:

Yayness! No doubt we'll be waiting patiently to hear about your Kooks experience...

Girls!

The postman brings love... can't scare him off...

Absolutely not!:naughty:

Speaking of...

My mum has a theory about why Mika hasn't come back here... she thinks it's because we scared him off! :shocked::sneaky2:

That's funny. Oh he needs to come back to the states!!!!

He needs to one of two things...

1. stop stuffing around in the studio and start recording the damn album

OR...

2. Start touring again...

We're getting bored here... people have started a John appreciation book... WTH? :blink:

Haha, we saw that. Well he needs to do 1 thing start touring again promoting his new album.:naughty:

WOW you guys are making us even MORE excited now. Haven't got the package yet (lol since it was only yesterday that she called) but are anxious to get it. I know that we'll probably put up posters and flyers at our university some day before the concert since it's about 30 minutes from St. Louis. We are definately keeping a couple for ourselves and we'll be sure to keep a few out for you all.:wink2;

Do you fancy participating in Mika Mail? :wub2:

So we also got two free tickets but unfortunately we had already ordered the tickets like a couple months ago, haha. So maybe we'll give those to a couple friends or family. We're supposed to call the girl back at capitol records after we get the package so we'll be asking her questions and we'll keep you all posted. She also said that Adam will be calling us the day of the concert.:mf_rosetinted;

I'm all excitement :woot_jump:!!

And all jealousy :crybaby:. OMJ, how COOL is that???? :woot_jump:

thats so exciting!! :biggrin2;

I would probably tackle the box when it came!! or grab it out of the mailman's hands :naughty; and run!

:roftl:!!!!!

Haha, yeah! Sometimes we feel like hugging the mailman, being autograph collectors and all, and bunches of mfc stuff. We can just see the mailman fumbling with our package and us being like, this is OFFICIAL business!!!!! And he would be like.....:shocked;:boxed;

-->

Do you fancy participating in Mika Mail? :wub2:

*seconds this* Details, please!

Speaking of...

My mum has a theory about why Mika hasn't come back here... she thinks it's because we scared him off! :shocked; :sneaky2;

I don't think so - if I was him, I would rather be scared of the European fans and try to hide in Australia :naughty:.

He needs to one of two things...

1. stop stuffing around in the studio and start recording the damn album

OR...

2. Start touring again...

Yes.

Yes.

We're getting bored here... people have started a John appreciation book... WTH? :blink;

Wtf? John, that manager guy? Hello???

KooksTN014.jpg

A lovely thing I found while googling:

Album Preview/Review: "Konk" by The Kooks (by anonymous request)

The Kooks are coming atcha with their sophomore effort, entitled Konk (after the studio at which it was recorded), to be released on April 15th. For those out there that are already Kooks fans and enjoyed the first album, Konk seems poised to retain you as a fan. For those that really can't stand them, you'll probably continue to dislike them. I fit into the former category, but make no mistake, I am completely aware that the Kooks write radio friendly britpop and Luke Pritchard's lyrics often err on the side of sophomoric. But the hooks are big and everyone needs a little ear candy every once in awhile.

On Konk, the guitars are a little cleaner sounding and the fills and solos have a little less direction than on their debut, Inside In / Inside Out. But the drums and bass, always strong points for the band, are still here in full force. In fact, the strongest songs are the ones where bassist Max Rafferty is in the forefront, such as "Gap" and "Stormy Weather," the latter being an album highlight.

The band also attempts to cover some new ground, taking a stab at some post-punk dance rock with "Do You Wanna," which feels kind of like a modern take on Rod Stewart's "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?" The album has a couple other great pop tracks, including the hippie-era feeling "Love It All" and recent live staple, "Sway," the latter coming closest to matching the urgency of some of Inside In / Inside Out's stronger material.

The only time the band noticeably stumbles is on "Shine On." It feels like a forced attempt at recreating "She Moves In Her Own Way," but without the great melody or hook, sort of like a song you'd hear at the dentist while getting a cavity filled.

Overall, Konk doesn't cover any new ground in music or for the Kooks in general. But for those who can appreciate great pop music, you'll find few that can do it so well as the Kooks. Fans will be pleased and haters will continue to hate. Consume accordingly.

And then, what really made me :lmfao: - the one and only comment on the blog:

"Anonymous said...

Do you wanna, Do you wanna, Do you wanna make love to me?"

I WAS FRICKING RIGHT!!!

I just received this email:

On The 13th of October The Kooks will be releasing Sway. Get your limited edition Sway T-shirt + CD + 2 X 7" for a fiver here. (Ana, I've ordered this.)

As well as unreleased demos from the album session released as b-sides on all formats, the Kooks are also offering you the new Sway radio mix featuring a new string arrangement.

Here's what the formats look like...

CD Single

1. Sway (Radio Mix)

2. Stole Away (Demo)

7" Single 1

Side 1

1. Sway

Side 2

1. It Can Be So Hard (Demo)

7" Single 2

Side 1

1. Sway (Radio Mix)

Side 2

1. Sway (Live Woodstock Session)

If you prefer to download your single, the iTunes package includes...

Digital

1. Sway

2. Sway (Live Woodstock Session)

3. Stole Away (Demo)

4. It Can Be So Hard (Demo)

Second Brixton date added

After the first Brixton date sold out in just 30 minutes, The Kooks have now added a second Brixton date to their upcoming tour. :shocked:

Fans can now look forward to 5 London dates on the band's world tour. :punk:

The Kooks Perform on Al Murray's Happy Hour

Tune into Al Murray's Happy Hour tonight for a performance by The Kooks.

The show starts at 10pm on ITV. :thumb_yello:

The Kooks join Annie Mac & Nick Grimshaw

Watch out for The Kooks as main guests on the BBC's 'Switch' on Radio 1 with Annie Mac & Nick Grimshaw. If you're not able to catch the show live from 7pm this Sunday, then you can listen to a recording of the show here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/switch/annieandnick/

I don't think so - if I was him, I would rather be scared of the European fans and try to hide in Australia :naughty:.

Wtf? John, that manager guy? Hello???

I was thinking the same thing... he can come hide out on happikali's verandah... and the Aussies can make an impromptu visit... :fisch:

Yeah, I know... all cause he got a couple of people hot chocolate and donuts... :blink:

:fisch:

:woot_jump:

I can celebrate now... Bianca and I are going to the Kooks! :kachinga::punk:

Awesome!! :biggrin2:

Exactly 9 days until we see the kooks!!!!!!!!!!!! Actually shorter than that, tomorrow it will be 8 days!!!!

wow!! its so close...thats exciting! :biggrin2: