The left one (from his POV) :das:

09311_130328_kc_wembley_dn_0133.jpg

And I really like their drummer :wub2:

09311_125755_kc_cardiff_dn_0780.jpg

09311_130404_kc_wembley_dn_0855.jpg

Ricky & Nick:

09311_130443_kc_notts_dn_00133.jpg

I think it's hilarious that he is so obviously wearing a band name shirt (I read in the Rock Bible which Ana gave me that you are NOT (repeat: NOT!) allowed to do that if you consider yourself a proper musician :lmfao:).

Edited by Petra

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ricky & Nick:

09311_130443_kc_notts_dn_00133.jpg

I think it's hilarious that he is so obviously wearing a band name shirt (I read in the Rock Bible which Ana gave me that you are NOT (repeat: NOT!) allowed to do that if you consider yourself a proper musician :lmfao:).

The Holloways do/did it :naughty:

Whoa my gosh, just saw The Whigs last night in St. Louis and they were freaking awesome. They were the opening band when we saw The Kooks and Kings of Leon. So it was our third time. They remembered us and we got some pics and all types of goodies. Just thought we should post here.

The Kooks and our family have some freaky birthday connections. Forgot to mention about Luke's birthday on the 2nd. That is our dad's birthday. Hugh is born July 19 1987 and we were born July 20 1986, so we are the same age for 1 day and then we are older:naughty: And Paul is born on our first cousin's birthday, not the same year, just May 23. That's a little information for you all.:naughty:

Whoa my gosh, just saw The Whigs last night in St. Louis and they were freaking awesome. They were the opening band when we saw The Kooks and Kings of Leon. So it was our third time. They remembered us and we got some pics and all types of goodies. Just thought we should post here.

Awesome!!!! They remembered you?? You guys have to elaborate/further describe in detail your fantastic week (or however long your break is) of gigs when you get the chance! And we wanna see picturesss!! :woot_jump:

The Kooks and our family have some freaky birthday connections. Forgot to mention about Luke's birthday on the 2nd. That is our dad's birthday. Hugh is born July 19 1987 and we were born July 20 1986, so we are the same age for 1 day and then we are older:naughty: And Paul is born on our first cousin's birthday, not the same year, just May 23. That's a little information for you all.:naughty:

Wow! That's crazy! Me and Petra's birthdays are 5 days appart, and that makes me feel happy :cheerful_h4h:

wow!! thats so cool that they remembered you! :punk:

and awesome, thats very interesting!:naughty::biggrin2:

You guys are so sweet. Yeah :naughty: Our birthday is on the same day, the moon landing anniversary day in fact. That's cool that you and Petra's b-day's are only 5 days that's awesome.

Will definitely go more into detail with everything. We got some awesome videos and pictures and will upload as soon as possible. Would do it now but we have a date with Andrew Bird and we are flippin' excited. Well off to St. Louis for the 3rd time. Andrew is going to be at The Pageant venue, where we saw The Kooks, awwww memories.:naughty::wub2:

Loves!

You guys are so sweet. Yeah :naughty: Our birthday is on the same day, the moon landing anniversary day in fact. That's cool that you and Petra's b-day's are only 5 days that's awesome.

Will definitely go more into detail with everything. We got some awesome videos and pictures and will upload as soon as possible. Would do it now but we have a date with Andrew Bird and we are flippin' excited. Well off to St. Louis for the 3rd time. Andrew is going to be at The Pageant venue, where we saw The Kooks, awwww memories.:naughty::wub2:

Loves!

can't wait for the pics! :punk:

who is andrew bird? is he a singer? thats so awesome, sounds like you guys are going to have loads of fun :D

awww I love memories...the kook's memories:wub2:

I know, and the Holloways did/do it ALL the time!

I am stoopid and didnt notice :naughty:. I apologise :naughty:.

holloways.jpg?t=1237046579

9FJMCAY4XB1XCAYR0RSUCA2Q22RECAHKYCM.jpg

n658101714_355098_7383.jpg

I know there are soooo many more but I can't find them right now :naughty:

*is a believer now*

( I love Rob but how the heck does Bryn always manage it to look so strangely in pictures?)

OMG! That is more than just awesome!!! When they really really REALLY do remember you :stretcher:. Awwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!

:wub2:!!!! It's still creepy that they are all so young - why is everyone so successful and rich an British and in a band? AND much younger than me??? Do I have to go to the Oldlings now? :crybaby:

Wow! That's crazy! Me and Petra's birthdays are 5 days apart, and that makes me feel happy :cheerful_h4h:

I'm still older :crybaby:

Haley! Megan! I just realised something else! You guys' birthdays are on the SAME DAY. Your family is just riddled with birthday coincidences :biggrin2:

:blink: Wow. :stretcher:

(Australians. :sneaky1: )

You guys are so sweet. Yeah Our birthday is on the same day, the moon landing anniversary day in fact. That's cool that you and Petra's b-day's are only 5 days that's awesome.

Will definitely go more into detail with everything. We got some awesome videos and pictures and will upload as soon as possible. Would do it now but we have a date with Andrew Bird and we are flippin' excited. Well off to St. Louis for the 3rd time. Andrew is going to be at The Pageant venue, where we saw The Kooks, awwww memories.

Loves!

Yay!!! :groovy: *can't wait* Have fun!

*is a believer now*

( I love Rob but how the heck does Bryn always manage it to look so strangely in pictures?)

I don't know, I just don't know. I think it's his very mild super power. (Hmm, a joke you won't get at all, but it really seemed to fit here, I'm sorry :naughty:)

Do I have to go to the Oldlings now?

No :smth:

I'm still older :crybaby:

)

:wub2:

Yes, who and how?

I have very unsuccessfully been trying to convert my friend for about a year now. She really quite adamently HATES the Kooks. but then she will say things like "oh, I like your profile song" or things like that, and I KNOW she likes that kind of music, I know she likes the sound of Luke's voice, I know she likes their acoustic style, and she is letting some ridiculous prejudice she has for them get in the way of a fangirlship that is just meant to be :tears::no:

Yes, who and how?

I have very unsuccessfully been trying to convert my friend for about a year now. She really quite adamently HATES the Kooks. but then she will say things like "oh, I like your profile song" or things like that, and I KNOW she likes that kind of music, I know she likes the sound of Luke's voice, I know she likes their acoustic style, and she is letting some ridiculous prejudice she has for them get in the way of a fangirlship that is just meant to be :tears::no:

oh yeah, I would also like to know how your going to convert her :biggrin2:

force them to listen to the kooks cd over and over? :punk:

how can someone hate the kooks? :tears:

I don't know, I just don't know. I think it's his very mild super power. (Hmm, a joke you won't get at all, but it really seemed to fit here, I'm sorry :naughty:)

Ok, I dont get it but I like the way it sounds. :naughty:

And I apologise for my grammar mistake - it's "strange", not "strangely" (no adverb with "look" :naughty:).

how can someone hate the kooks? :tears:

:crybaby: No idea.

Well, I know someone that hates them but she is a *insert extremly rude adjective* idiot.

Ok, I dont get it but I like the way it sounds. :naughty:

And I apologise for my grammar mistake - it's "strange", not "strangely" (no adverb with "look" :naughty:).

:crybaby: No idea.

Well, I know someone that hates them but she is a *insert extremly rude adjective* idiot.

I don't even know what an adverb is, but I accept your apology. :naughty:

I have liked The Kooks for about a year now and I finally got round to ordering their albums (the 2CD edition of Konk). I'm slow like that. :naughty: Woo, I can't wait till they arrive! :wub2::punk:

Edited by Marianne84

I have liked The Kooks for about a year now and I finally got round to ordering their albums (the 2CD edition of Konk). I'm slow like that. :naughty: Woo, I can't wait till they arrive! :wub2::punk:

oh awesome!:punk:

you'll love the albums:wub2:

Could you please all go and do me the favour to watch these videos? It's not because I want the viewer rates to increase; it's simply because I think that they are really fantastic. I took them while I was still an ignorant ****ing twat (sorry) that didnt know the Kooks well enough to entirely appreciate a freaking CD release party in a 300 people church (!) in Cologne. I filmed, I didnt even know the song names, I didnt have Konk and I was standing right in front of Dan that was standing right in front of Paul (whom I didnt see at all). I didnt bother about that at that time though because I simply didnt know them (:blink:). I just stumbled over these videos and... uhm, watch them.

Eddie's Gun:

See The World:

Ooh La:

Some bad quality Sofa Song:

(or this http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=2B08AB01D4869310 )

God, it's actually hilaríous when I think about it now. It seemed the whole time as if Luke was planning to jump into the audience and I was very :blink: when he finally did. This was, after Mika and a BAD Robbie Williams-gig, the very first proper concert of a band and... I had no idea what to expect. Like going to the Kaiser chiefs and not knowing that Ricky actually DOES crowdsurf.

There is a video (some tour footage) with a lot of this Cologne-gig somewhere on Youtube.

There was this unbelievably huge security guy that looked as if his favourite football club had just lost a very important game; he also told me during Ooh La to stop filming (:fisch:). Damn. Anyway. There was this stupid girl that crowdsurfed and he took her from the audience (if that's the proper way of saying it) and he had one of his legs between these things on the other site of the barricade and he couldnt catch her properly and then twisted his leg in an ugly way. He was literally crying. God, that must have hurt like hell. Well, it just came up my mind.

Haha, and after the gig the band came out of the church and a bunch of girls were waiting and someone was shouting "LUKE!!!" and he really came over before getting in the car and took a few pictures and ignorant, ****ing twatty me only thought that this guy (was his name Luke Pritchard? He was at least that lead-singer-guy.) should better try not to look so retarded. I feel bad for that. Or was I just being objective while I'm now a fangirl? :blink: (Luke :wub2:) Anyway, I was standing like 2m away from him then but all I could do was think that. Hm.

Oh, and I'm still writing the (fricking boring btw) review of meeting Hugh :smth:.

And now I shall go and watch Twilight in my bed :cheerful_h4h:. Because only Robert Pattinson is hotter than this band (Ok, uhm, no idea. They are equally hot. :naughty: ).

Edited by Petra