Anyway, I'm making this long here, sorry. The gig was GOOD, really. Just the fans were awfully annoying (as it's usually the case). I moved a bit to the left in my spot on the right and from there I could see Luke's upper head like a wig moving behind the loudspeaker :doh::naughty: and this was much MUCH better than seeing him completely while fearing for my life in the middle of the crowd.

However, we werent allowed to film. I did it anyway :naughty: but not that much and I tried not be seen by the securities. My photos are, of course, absolutely useless.

Here are two videos (really short but anyway):

Luke in wife-beater & bodypainting-trousers humping the loudspeaker

Luke humping the crowd

And two songs (the videos are useless so I just extracted the audio):

Seaside

Shine

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wooow i think i interfered in your review...

ANA! I didnt see your post yesterday :boxed::sorry:. I was glad the uploads were finished and then I just posted and went straight to bed :boxed::blink:.

These curls can't be real. Haha, Luke wearing a wife-beater.. lovely.

Is there any way one might be able to download the gig? Or was it just live?

Edit: Frick, it's not working.

If you come online soon and explain to me that temporary-files-thing, then I might be able to! I tried to look up how to but I couldn't even find certain-mp3's-that-I-know-you-have-gotten-in-this-way-and-that-I-have-listened-to-recently.

But I watched ittt!! But my computer/internet is crap and so I only heard 5 seconds snippets every 20 seconds, with random flashes of video :naughty: I did take screen shots of it though, if you want :P

And I saw Luke's ridiculous pants, certain people who were substantially taller than the rest of the crowd, and certain people who had feet for heads (ie; crowd surfers :P)

So I arrived at about 5 o'clock at the venue (11PM in Perth) and there were already quite a lot of people. Mainly 13-25 year-old girls wearing skinny-jeans, small tops, allstars and all the same hairstyle. Haasje and her friend arrived at about 5:30PM and we were let into the venue at about 6:45PM - it's actually pretty strange that we were really let in earlier. Anyway - that "getting-in" was MUCH better than at the Mika-gigs but that was probably also because we weren't among the first 20 or 30 people in the row.

The gig was in the Palladium; Mika was supposed to gig there last November but then he was nominated for an award (I think it was the MTV-thingy in Munich) and the gig was rescheduled to a few days later in Düsseldorf. I think we were very lucky with that after all - IMO the Palladium is really another example of the German inability to build a fricking USEFUL venue for gigs. Why can't all venues be like the Brixton Academy?? The Palladium has the form of a rectangle (or is oblong the right word here?) and the stage was at the long side of the room which was pretty stupid to my mind. And the stage didnt have that slight curve like in London as well; so one couldnt see it properly if one was standing on the left or right side.

:naughty:

Haasje, her friend and I ended up second / first row on the very right but as soon as the support act was on stage (The Holloways. They were actually fricking good! I just wished that guitarist in front of us had worn underwear or a pair of trousers that didnt show his bum when he bend over), we were pushed about 3m to the left, then 3m to the right, to the front and back again. Hell, that was awful! So we somehow lost not only each other in that chaos but also our spots. Then, after an eternity of waiting, the Kooks finally came on stage and that whole 3m left/right/back/front-thing got worse. Hell, I can't remember ever being pushed like that. You were actually falling and stumbling but you couldnt fall and couldnt stop yourself from stumbling because you stood like a sardine. It was really really awful. And then there was that heat and ... ugh, I mean, when thousands of people are pushed together like that in these temperatures - :boxed: it really was NOT nice. So I finally also decided to leave my spot (now about third row right) because as much as I like seeing the gig, I simply cannot enjoy a nanosecond when I feel like that. It was really dangerous! I went to the very right front corner of the venue where there was enough space because, due to the stupid German venue-construction, one couldn't see anything from there (expect parts of Hugh Harris's hat). However, I prefered it there and it was also the perfect place to see how many people the security guys transported out of the venue (those that felt sick, those that were hurt due to the pushing and thoose that had been carried to the front while crowd-surfing) .

:boxed:

that sounds like my house football freaks, they make me like it too

:boxed:

Oh wooow i think i interfered in your review...

:lmao:

Anyway, I'm making this long here, sorry. The gig was GOOD, really. Just the fans were awfully annoying (as it's usually the case). I moved a bit to the left in my spot on the right and from there I could see Luke's upper head like a wig moving behind the loudspeaker and this was much MUCH better than seeing him completely while fearing for my life in the middle of the crowd.

However, we werent allowed to film. I did it anyway but not that much and I tried not be seen by the securities. My photos are, of course, absolutely useless.

Here are two videos (really short but anyway):

Luke in wife-beater & bodypainting-trousers humping the loudspeaker

Luke humping the crowd

And two songs (the videos are useless so I just extracted the audio):

Seaside

Shine

:original:

*downloads*

Oh? Ooooooh! Can I still watch the show somewhere on the internet? I had to miss it yesterday... :sad:

Pushing is bad :thumbdown: but apparently inevitable at a Kooks gig... Although it seems to be worse in Germany than it is here. :blink:

Oh? Ooooooh! Can I still watch the show somewhere on the internet? I had to miss it yesterday... :sad:

Pushing is bad :thumbdown: but apparently inevitable at a Kooks gig... Although it seems to be worse in Germany than it is here. :blink:

http://www.livedome.com/de/konzerte/

You can still watch it here. And also a long interview.

Now that I feel able to speak again after about two sleepless nights I want to give my impression of the gig. I mainly agree with Petra. The fans were awful. I was lucky that I had a good spot: front row right side. Unfortunately unable to see Dan as I had the bass boxes in front of me. The show was good and the Holloways were really great. I made some good videos. All in all about 1,8 gb. I'm too lazy to upload them though :naughty:.

I think I'll go to bed again. Have to be awake for the football match tonight :mf_rosetinted:.

http://www.livedome.com/de/konzerte/

You can still watch it here. And also a long interview.

Now that I feel able to speak again after about two sleepless nights I want to give my impression of the gig. I mainly agree with Petra. The fans were awful. I was lucky that I had a good spot: front row right side. Unfortunately unable to see Dan as I had the bass boxes in front of me. The show was good and the Holloways were really great. I made some good videos. All in all about 1,8 gb. I'm too lazy to upload them though :naughty:.

I think I'll go to bed again. Have to be awake for the football match tonight :mf_rosetinted:.

:woot_jump:

It's downloading with Real Player atm!!

edit: It's not working, The interview somehow worked (at least I've got a file that has audio) but Ral Player just told me it wouldnt be possible to download the gig. However, it told me after one hour and twelve minutes which is good because the gig is 1h 14min. So I actually do have a 253MB file. But it doesnt work so far and the programs for converting videos dont work with that real player file. I hope I'll find out what to do soon :sneaky2:.

Aaaaahhhhh, I am sooooooooooo listening to an mp3 of the gig right now! Downloading worked and then I burnt it with Real Player and ripped it again! However, the last 30seconds of the Sofa Song at the end are missing and so I'm currently downloading it again! I'll upload it asap! :woot_jump:

2408731738_de705f17c9.jpg2587740197_01513dafa1.jpg2588573620_aefd22a78d.jpg2588577114_6049c9ec29.jpg2588579022_0f22077f11.jpg2h3d2bo.jpg

edit: It's working & uploading.

luke_pritchard_1923653.jpg

Is that ... a butterfly? :blink:

OMFGodness, that is probably the worst photo I've seen of him so far. :boxed:

Does anybody have a *complete* list of B-sides?? (released & unreleased)

OMFGodness, that is probably the worst photo I've seen of him so far. :boxed:

Does anybody have a *complete* list of B-sides?? (released & unreleased)

:lmfao: Sorry, I was just overwhelmed by the girl-tattoo.

Let me try to rectify.

1214627262276_f.jpg

1213799377671_f.jpg

1199887438_f.jpg

1199458068_f.jpg

(Yes, I'm too lazy to bother finding new ones. Too bad.)

And no, I don't :boxed:

:lmfao: Sorry, I was just overwhelmed by the girl-tattoo.

I thought it was an ear ring :blink:

1214627262276_f.jpg hot

1213799377671_f.jpg hotter

1199887438_f.jpg hottest

1199458068_f.jpg

aaaaaaahh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm excited, a couple days ago I ordered tickets to see The Kooks in September. :biggrin2

WAAAAHH!! I WANT TO SEE THEM AGAIN!!!!!!

I thought it was an ear ring :blink:

No it isn't! It's a tattoo! Is it permanent? He should have had it when you saw him, I mean, them, in Cologne just now??

Did I mention that I LOVE YOU???

(haha, Dan is so cute!!)

Me? They're your pictures that I stole and then posted :naughty:

(I agree! Never saw too many pictures of him before these ones - he totally is!)

08_H.jpg

04_H.jpg

11_H.jpg

12_H.jpg

I just noticed how funny the replacement drummer is :lmao:

What happened to the drummer-guy again? I read it somewhere and now I've forgotten. :blink:

He hurt his arm as far as I remember. I love these dashing pics. ****, does the :das:-das come from DAShing?? Maybe??

I think he goes for the stubble to be able to carry around a beer can after dark without being held up by the police. :naughty: