Pick up the nearest book to you, and go to pg.25...

What is the first sentence???

lol, it's supposed to be like a "sign" something that you need to hear right now at this very moment in your life...

It's funny, because right next to me is a book of selected quotes and I did this...turned to page 25 and read:

"At every moment in our lives we all have one foot in a fairy tale and the other in the abyss."

Isn't that pretty??? I did need to hear that...

SO, PICK UP THE CLOSEST BOOK TO YOU, TURN TO PG 25 AND READ THE FIRST COMPLETE SENTENCE:naughty:

EDIT: You can also pick the pg number that corresponds to your age if that makes more sense :P

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha it does sound pretty :bleh:

The nearest book to me is Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein". The fist sentence on page 25 reads:

"So strange an accident has happened that I cannot forbear recording it, although it is very probable that you will see me before these papers can come into your possession."

Hmmmm...:mf_rosetinted:

Why 25 anyway?:o

Haha it does sound pretty :bleh:

The nearest book to me is Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein". The fist sentence on page 25 reads:

"So strange an accident has happened that I cannot forbear recording it, although it is very probable that you will see me before these papers can come into your possession."

Hmmmm...:mf_rosetinted:

Why 25 anyway?:o

good question... lol I have no idea...it's from a survey, I guess the maker just liked the #25...what would be cool is to pick the corresponding page to your age:naughty:

ok, pg 18...

"It's one thing for the entire universe to conspire to make our dreams come true, its quite another to set yourself entirley unnecessary challenges"

oooooooh, that was good.

Moved!

And, for me, the nearest book is a textbook. Is that sad or what?

Page 25:

"Participles are usually found in phrases, and as such can often create sentence fragments if not used properly."

:doh:

:roftl: :roftl: well, a higher power is trying to tell you to concentrate on grammar:naughty:

and THANKS for the move!

well...the closest book to me is a medical encyclopedia, so lets see.

pg. 25:

a healthy diet contains adequate quantities of six groups of substances: Protines, carbs and fats, all of which contain calories (that produce energy) and fibers, vitamins and minerals.

I guess thats apropiate since im supposed to be on a diet and just ate a bunch of icecream.

pg. 17:

Hips and trunk: stand up straight, bend foward at the waist, and bring one leg up to touch face with knee.

haha, sounds like some weird dance.

i guess the book im reading would be more appropriate. its kinda close. its The Tale of the body Thief.

pg. 25: And gradually i realized i had seen this face before.

pg. 17: When she reached her small forlorn apartment building, made of crumbling chalk, i seemed, like everything else in this seedy section of town, and guarded by bruised palmettos, he came to a sudden swaying stop, watching mutely as she walked back the narrow tiled courtyard and up the dusty green cement steps.

wow!! that was a lot to type and in no way has anything to do with my life right now except fo the fact that my house and town sound just like that amazing description.

"away laughing on a fast camel by Louise Rennison"

pg. 25 Our revered and amazingly porky Headmistress Slim rambled on about exams and achievement and said wisely, " Now, in concluson girls, I would say it's not all about winning, it's how you play the game.

Wise :naughty:

Page 14. what kind of dog is frightened by a kennel?

I agree! Scares me half to death everytime I see it :naughty: My mother:sneaky2: sent me an email that said

READ BEFORE SCROLLING DOWN!!! or whatever and it said that there was a family on a cruise and that they went scuba diving and were down there at the bottom. They gave the son the waterproof camera and the husband and wife posed for the picture and that's when they saw the son freaking out and going back towards the boat. Then I scrolled down and saw a picture with two scuba divers and a shark behind them :tears: I know it was probably fake, but that shark was scarrrry!

I read it, but I couldn't think of anything to say :bleh: So I went of yours and did the age thing too... I think I have a slight concussion. I hit my head on my damned attic-type ceiling and usually the really dull painful irritating feeling goes away, but it's not :tears:

*kisses meggy's head better* I love Georgia nicolson. here's a small part of it.

7:45pm

I don't know why I have applied makeup to stay in my room.

Mutti and Vatti have got Uncle Eddie round and a few over their crap mates. Uncle Eddie popped his head round my door almost blinding me with the glare from his baldiness.

I began to say, "Er, Uncle Eddie, this is a loon-free zone. . ." but he said, " What has a hundred legs and can't walk?"

"Uncle Eddie, I am sixteen years old, I-"

"Fifty pairs of trousers. . . hahahahahahahahaha it's the way I tell 'em!"

And he looned off to the loon gathering.

I cannot have any peace. I am forced out of my own home because of the high loon count.