There Will Be No Miracles Here

xBillyBrownx

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe in miracles.

The fact that my cousin didn't die when he had his motorcycle accident is proof alone for me. If there hadn't been an ambulance right near where he had crashed, he probably would have bled to death....

However, in light of that, I don't believe that miracles just happen out of nowhere or that they are spontaneous. I believe they are all because of God.

I believe in miracles.

The fact that my cousin didn't die when he had his motorcycle accident is proof alone for me. If there hadn't been an ambulance right near where he had crashed, he probably would have bled to death....

However, in light of that, I don't believe that miracles just happen out of nowhere or that they are spontaneous. I believe they are all because of God.

:)

along with what you said, I think that everything happens for a reason.

I don't believe that miracles just happen out of nowhere or that they are spontaneous. I believe they are all because of God.

:thumb_yello: Right on.

I like to keep my eyes open for the little miracles in life that sometimes go unnoticed that happen daily.

I'm not sure how to approach this anymore, as it looks like the conversation has taken a somewhat religious tone, but I don't think that all the people dying of starvation in the world, or unfairly killed in unfair wars, or children tortured and killed, etc, etc, etc, believe in miracles.

It's very easy to see something good happen to one and "explain" it as a mirable, but if one actually looks at the percentage of "non miraculous" things happening in the world and compares that with the amount of "miraculous" things happening...I suppose the maths don't lie.

Everyone is entitled to believe what they like, but by the same token, one should also keep a bit of an eye on reality.

I believe in probability, maths, the following text xplains exactly what i think

"If you were playing a card game and were dealt a 'perfect' hand - for example, a royal flush in poker - you'd probably find it amazing. You might even consider it a miracle and wonder if a supernatural power were assisting you. You'd be wrong, though, because such a hand is no more or less likely than any other possible combination of cards.

What’s true in cards is true in the rest of life as well. We are pattern-seeking animals and certain combinations of events are bound to elicit a reaction from us regardless of whether that combination is any more or less likely than any other possible combination. This is, for example, what drives the cosmological arguments for the existence of god: our universe is regarded as so remarkable that it requires a divine explanation, despite the fact that we have no reason to think that this combination of natural laws is any more or less likely than any other.

Why do we act surprised at it, though? Because it’s a combination that pleases us. A royal flush is no more or less likely than any other combination of cards, but because it is a winning hand we like it and find it remarkable. The combination of natural laws and constants in our universe allows us to live and so of course we like that, finding it remarkable — but if it’s no more unlikely than any other combination, then the fact that it helps us shouldn’t cause us to treat it as special.

At least, that would be the most rational and reasonable position to adopt. For some strange reason, it’s not the position most people adopt. Why do you suppose that its? "

Meh, I dunno. I think that sometimes, Fate gets bored of ruining people's lives and decides to make something nice happen for a change, sometimes going so far as to make seemingly impossible good things happen. That's not necessarily a miracle, that's just Fate deciding to play with life in a different way than usual.

I didn't know people felt strongly about this! It's interesting..

I actually believe hat miracles happen everyday.. It's not just religious for me but I just like to believe that there's hope and that things can change to the better...:wub2:

Historically, people groups facing the greatest tragedies tended to have the greatest amount of belief in miracles and the divine. There is some debate about whether it was a lack of scientific education or an emotional need for the comfort that can be gained from a belief in something greater than one self and one's troubles in times of crisis.

there would be a lot to say about religions etc. but in the same time why would we bother? it now belongs to the past, its now over,we all know that people use god or whatever they call it because they need an emotional help that reality (in which stands DEATH) cant possibly provide

the lines i quoted are the reasons to me why mika is successful (if you want to analize it of course, we dont have to) people need to escape and/or believe

and river, i dont have a clue about the quote,lol, i really dont remember

Wow, maybe I should have thought this over before I posted in here the first time.

I didn’t take this subject seriously, I don’t actually believe in miracles or fait and I absolutely do not have any religious aspects in this.

Reading other posts in this thread I realized it was way more of serious subject than I ever could have imagined.

Sorry!

No hard feelings please.

I think this is what easily can happen when you come from very different culture backgrounds.:thumb_yello:

I dont particularly believe in miracles.

I don't believe in a God, just that everything happens for a reason, fate if you like.

However I also believe that we can make our own lives and I don't believe that our lives are set out for us in a grand scheme of things before we are born, I definitely, strongly believe that we make our lives what they are and our choices are what make us.

Make sense?! Hope so!

Yup a lot.

I agree with that as well!

That is exactly why I still believe in miracles: HOPE :)

And I'm sorry if I got all seriously debatey and sombre. I have fun exploring the possibilities of ideas and forget that it's less fun for people who are more invested in their positions. I didn't mean to stir up any ill feelings.

I love that there are people who see the world rationally with little or no need for emotional beliefs because their perspectives help to keep my feet firmly on the ground. I also love that there are people with beliefs that give them hope because their perspectives remind me that there is great value in creativity and being able to see beyond the rational surface of things.

I hope that nobody in this thread has felt that their perspective isn't valuable. I especially hope that my input hasn't discouraged anybody from adding their thoughts. I think this thread is beautiful. :wub2:

And I promise to find the guy who stole the word "concise" from my dictionary and make him give it back :punk:

Hahaha no it's cool you're making great points! I also agree with most of what you're saying:thumb_yello:

• 3 weeks later...