Chicken?

xBillyBrownx

I was out with my friends last night and we were dicussing the topic of teenage pregnancy. I Know it's a bit too serious but it is an interesting topic. For example where I live it's not particularly whidespread but I know that it is elsewhere. So why not share our feelings about this topic and personal experiences or experiences that we know of?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most people know how big teenage pregnancy is in the uk ... my step sister fell pregnant and had a baby at 15 , which in the end she had to give up for adoption as she was so young and her mum couldnt help as much as she would have liked due to working herself ... Its obviously a wrong move at that age as she missed out on her gcse's at school and it took her a long time and much hard work to get where she is now , 16 years later , also dissapointing for the child growing up and wondering why the mother didnt want him , but if she didnt she wouldnt have been able to look after him .... so therefore , teenage pregnancy isnt a great thing .... I fell with my son at 18 and had him at 19 , and i dont consider that as young because i had my gcses and college results to back me up ... hes 5 , 6 in november and im just about to graduate from my degree in 6 weeks :boxed: *gulp*, and i dont regret having him at an early- ISH age because when im 36 and hes 18 i can follow him around the clubs and keep my eye on him :roftl: :roftl: :wink2: ... i think it all comes down to support and circumstances as to the age when you have a child ... not a great idea when your a teenager though as you miss out on so many important years of your life :thumb_yello:

have i rambled enough ? :naughty::thumb_yello:

all i say is...just wait till ur married cuz then you don't havta deal w/ crap like is the guy gunna stay with you. or is it goin for adoption because i still have to finish school. if you're married i think it'd be much easier...but just my opinion:thumb_yello:

Oooh, harsh topic!

Mikas_gal07 you seem very responsible and sensible about the whole thing! OK here is my story:

I am 14 and one girl in my class is trying for a baby.

Enough said I think. :mf_rosetinted:

I think although my parents hate the amount of time I spend here on the MFC and thinking/discussing/playing/singing/listening to Mika they are inside secretly pleased I dont spend my time doing other things :mf_rosetinted:

Discuss?

Seriously?! Does she even realise what that means and what kind of a responsibility it is?!

Oooh, harsh topic!

Mikas_gal07 you seem very responsible and sensible about the whole thing! OK here is my story:

I am 14 and one girl in my class is trying for a baby.

Enough said I think. :mf_rosetinted:

I think although my parents hate the amount of time I spend here on the MFC and thinking/discussing/playing/singing/listening to Mika they are inside secretly pleased I dont spend my time doing other things :mf_rosetinted:

Discuss?

awww thanks :wub2: yes i am :thumb_yello: ... if my 14 year old sister was trying for a baby , i would slaughter her :mf_rosetinted: Its a massive responsibility , and what money would she have for that child ? An "accident" happening and "trying" for a baby is 2 seperate things , and she needs to realise how selfish it could be to WANT to bring a child into the world with no money and no home ...

My other sister is 16 and wanted one when she was 18 , and i put her off the idea , purely because i want her to enjoy her teenage years and not regret missing out on them in the future ... and its no easy task bringing up a child and trying to get a career at the same time, much easier when you have all that sorted and in a stable relationship and better for the child i feel too :)

I guess in Canada, we have big numbers of abortions... I found: "the abortion rate in 2003 was 14.5 per 1,000 women under the age of 20"

We don't really use the "adoption" choice....

Yeah, This girl in grade 7 at my school a couple years ago actually had the baby and I see her coming back to school to take her little girl to school, she's obviously not going to school, not doing so well, and very unhappy.

I see teenagers preggers everywhere, and i am yet to see one happy, or having a lot of money.

I'm 27 y.o. and still not ready to have kids! I can't imagine someone 14 wanting a kid!!! it's a 24 hours-a-day responsibility!

I'm 14, and if i wanted a baby i would just dress up my cat in baby clothes :naughty: I have too much on the go as it is, and with the pressures of being a teenager someone my age would crack .

Kids having kids is not a good thing. The girls don't have the life experience necessary to look after children, and they have not yet amassed the knowledge to pass along to their children as they should.

I do not agree with kids having kids. There are so many birth control choices out there that the fact that we still have problems with this amaze me.

I'm almost 35, no kids, never pregnant, don't want kids. I've played enough chicken in my life that I have had lots of chances, but still, through responsible choices managed to not get pregnant.

Although, I would have to honestly say that if I did get pregnant, I would probably choose the abortion route, because my life and job do not work with being tied down with a child/children. There are enough children out there needing adoption already, I wouldn't want to burden the system further with my 'whoops! Sorry!'.

I can't wait until the doctors tell me I'm finally old enough to choose a tubal ligation. I've been trying for so many years, but apparently they don't want to do them until you've had a child. Which seems silly to me, don't I have the right to not have children if I don't want them? How long do I have to tell them I don't want kids before they'll actually believe me? How old do I have to be? Honestly?!?! LOL

Kids having kids is not a good thing. The girls don't have the life experience necessary to look after children, and they have not yet amassed the knowledge to pass along to their children as they should.

I do not agree with kids having kids. There are so many birth control choices out there that the fact that we still have problems with this amaze me.

I'm almost 35, no kids, never pregnant, don't want kids. I've played enough chicken in my life that I have had lots of chances, but still, through responsible choices managed to not get pregnant.

Although, I would have to honestly say that if I did get pregnant, I would probably choose the abortion route, because my life and job do not work with being tied down with a child/children. There are enough children out there needing adoption already, I wouldn't want to burden the system further with my 'whoops! Sorry!'.

I can't wait until the doctors tell me I'm finally old enough to choose a tubal ligation. I've been trying for so many years, but apparently they don't want to do them until you've had a child. Which seems silly to me, don't I have the right to not have children if I don't want them? How long do I have to tell them I don't want kids before they'll actually believe me? How old do I have to be? Honestly?!?! LOL

but condom's aren't always effective, and that's easier to just go out to the store and buy condoms than ask your mom for B.C pills... I just think Sastaining from sex all in all should be done until an age appropriate time where people will be able to care for their kids . Abstinate

I dont really know, i mean, shes not in my circle of friends...

I think her mother and herself dont get on, I know her father is some other country and she often stays with her nan I think.

Looking for unconditional love is my guess!! :(

I totally agree with you , and believe its everyones personal chocie as to IF and when they want kids ... :thumb_yello:

I also think from personal experience that some kids result to pregnancies due to needing to feel loved in return by something or someone but dont actually think about what they are getting themselves into due to like you say being a child themselves, when the pregnancy is planned that is ... thats why i asked previously if the 14 year old who is trying to get pregnant has a good relationship at home with family etc ... Im not saying it applies to everyone , but quite a few people i have known and fell pregnant have come from quite a dysfunctional family ... just one of my experiences with people who have fell preg so young...

another reason i dont understand .. is IT BLOODY HURTS GURLS !! ITS NOT PRETTY !! :naughty::thumb_yello:

I totally agree with you , and believe its everyones personal chocie as to IF and when they want kids ... :thumb_yello:

I also think from personal experience that some kids result to pregnancies due to needing to feel loved in return by something or someone but dont actually think about what they are getting themselves into due to like you say being a child themselves, when the pregnancy is planned that is ... thats why i asked previously if the 14 year old who is trying to get pregnant has a good relationship at home with family etc ... Im not saying it applies to everyone , but quite a few people i have known and fell pregnant have come from quite a dysfunctional family ... just one of my experiences with people who have fell preg so young...

another reason i dont understand .. is IT BLOODY HURTS GURLS !! ITS NOT PRETTY !! :naughty::thumb_yello:

:lmfao: My mom still holds it against me .

Me: MOMMMMMMMM

mom: what now?

me: Can i have chocolaaaaaaaaaaate

mom: No.

me: pleeeeeeeeeeease?

mom: NO.

me: BUT ... YOU OWE ME!

mom: No, hun, you owe me *shows mark from sea-section*

me: *throws up*

I dont really know, i mean, shes not in my circle of friends...

I think her mother and herself dont get on, I know her father is some other country and she often stays with her nan I think.

Maybe she wants a kid because she feels lonely.. ? ( not that that is a good reason! )

:lmfao: My mom still holds it against me .

Me: MOMMMMMMMM

mom: what now?

me: Can i have chocolaaaaaaaaaaate

mom: No.

me: pleeeeeeeeeeease?

mom: NO.

me: BUT ... YOU OWE ME!

mom: No, hun, you owe me *shows mark from sea-section*

me: *throws up*

LMAO ... your mum sounds like something i would be like LOL! :naughty:

I totally agree with ALL the above!!! :wink2::roftl:

:roftl::thumb_yello:

I agree with you there. I know a girl who was 16 who said that she just wanted someone that she knew would love her no matter what. That she would have the unconditional love that she was searching for, that she would find it in a baby. Well she had her baby, and walked out on the father and the baby after a year. She's since gone on to have 2 more children with 2 other fathers, and they have all been taken away by child services except the first, which is now 7 years old and living happily with Daddy as a single father.

but condom's aren't always effective, and that's easier to just go out to the store and buy condoms than ask your mom for B.C pills... I just think Sastaining from sex all in all should be done until an age appropriate time where people will be able to care for their kids . Abstinate

Abstaining of course, is the best way to go. But sometimes kids don't have the personal control necessary to keep their hormones in check. Condoms aren't the only birth control option, neither are BC pills, there is depo, the patch, IUD(not really a good option), the little tubes they can put under the skin, the list goes on and on. If there is a Planned Pregnancy office or even some sort of teen center, they usually have birth control options available, as they don't want teens to have kids either. My mom was nice enough to offer BCpills to me when I was 14, knowing that children usually will do exactly the opposite of what parents want, so she'd rather me be on BC than be pregnant.

all i say is...just wait till ur married cuz then you don't havta deal w/ crap like is the guy gunna stay with you. or is it goin for adoption because i still have to finish school. if you're married i think it'd be much easier...but just my opinion:thumb_yello:

I don't think marriage is quite as safe as you might think. But, obviously a kid at school does not need to lose their childhood by having a baby.

I guess in Canada, we have big numbers of abortions... I found: "the abortion rate in 2003 was 14.5 per 1,000 women under the age of 20"

We don't really use the "adoption" choice....

It's just tragic isn't it? After 40 years of good birth control, so many people still needing abortions.

I'm 27 y.o. and still not ready to have kids! I can't imagine someone 14 wanting a kid!!! it's a 24 hours-a-day responsibility!

I doubt if 14 year olds have a clue what's involved! Or 40 year olds for that matter.

I was in that boat. Childless by Choice.

They're pretty good if they're used properly. I'd say: if you're not old enough to read and follow the instructions, then you're not old enough to be having a baby.

Abstaining seems not to be an option for many, teenagers and older folk....

My mom was nice enough to offer BCpills to me when I was 14, knowing that children usually will do exactly the opposite of what parents want, so she'd rather me be on BC than be pregnant.

I did the same regularly with my daughter, and bless, when she was ready she asked my opinion and I was completely involved.

Do you see the irony of my last post :roftl:

I agree with you there. I know a girl who was 16 who said that she just wanted someone that she knew would love her no matter what. That she would have the unconditional love that she was searching for, that she would find it in a baby. Well she had her baby, and walked out on the father and the baby after a year. She's since gone on to have 2 more children with 2 other fathers, and they have all been taken away by child services except the first, which is now 7 years old and living happily with Daddy as a single father.

Abstaining of course, is the best way to go. But sometimes kids don't have the personal control necessary to keep their hormones in check. Condoms aren't the only birth control option, neither are BC pills, there is depo, the patch, IUD(not really a good option), the little tubes they can put under the skin, the list goes on and on. If there is a Planned Pregnancy office or even some sort of teen center, they usually have birth control options available, as they don't want teens to have kids either. My mom was nice enough to offer BCpills to me when I was 14, knowing that children usually will do exactly the opposite of what parents want, so she'd rather me be on BC than be pregnant.

I'm 14, i cant even imagine having sex at this age. yes, yes, i am the good child doing what shes told blah blah blah but it's just the idea of kids my age having intercores...it freaks me out.

I don't think marriage is quite as safe as you might think. But, obviously a kid at school does not need to lose their childhood by having a baby.

It's just tragic isn't it? After 40 years of good birth control, so many people still needing abortions.

I doubt if 14 year olds have a clue what's involved! Or 40 year olds for that matter.

I was in that boat. Childless by Choice.

They're pretty good if they're used properly. I'd say: if you're not old enough to read and follow the instructions, then you're not old enough to be having a baby.

Abstaining seems not to be an option for many, teenagers and older folk....

if you cant read the condom box....then you probably ARE a baby and should therefore not be having sex whatsoever :roftl:

I'm 14, i cant even imagine having sex at this age. yes, yes, i am the good child doing what shes told blah blah blah but it's just the idea of kids my age having intercores...it freaks me out.

if you cant read the condom box....then you probably ARE a baby and should therefore not be having sex whatsoever :roftl:

what do you mean ? most full grown men still cant read the box ?? :lmfao:

Ok sorry serious .... :blush-anim-cl::roftl::wink2: