Summer Vacation Plans

mandilambi

.....well, since summer is just around the corner for some of us, I thought it would be fun to start a topic to discuss all of the things we have planned to do!

At the moment, I really only have a few things planned out that I know I am going to do. I do know that sometime or another, my boyfriend Christopher and I are going to go and see a couple of Cardinals baseball games and we'll also go to Six Flags, because we do that every summer. Can't wait to go to Hurricane Harbor as well, which is a water park for those of you that aren't familiar!

Also in June my sisters, my brother-in-law, my brother, and I are going to New Jersey to visit my aunt and uncle at their beach house. Actually, a few nights ago Aaron (brother-in-law), proposed a plan that we go to New York City for two days while we are up there. I am thrilled! I have been trying to see NY for many years now, but each time we tried we never made it up there. So now finally getting to see that city will be so much fun. We have already made a huge list of everything we want to see. And we're also going to stay in a ritzy hotel while we're there. I can't wait!

Right now I have almost no concerts planned....it's looking quite dismal, especially since last summer I had Gwen Stefani, the Killers, and Mika shows back to back. But oh well! Chris and I are considering seeing Boston, so maybe more shows will pop up along the way.

....Soooo...anyone else have some fun plans for this summer?? :)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to Lebanon (or Hershey) hopefully in June to meet you.:naughty:

In August I'm going to Erie with my mom, my neighbor, and my neighbor's friend for about four days.

Not much else.:thumbdown:

i am going to andalucia (spain) for 2 weeks at the beginning of august.....erm.....might be going to a concert - depending if they do it this year. its a concert at battle abbey (sussex, england) with people from the era of the 80's....i was born in the 90's, but tit was still great songs as i kew most of the songs....

we saw bananrama, toyah, nick heywood, midge ure, belinda carlisle and t'pau....it was an interesting night because it was also a picnic....great experience!

oh gosh I don't think I've ever had so many things planned for summer! first of all I have to finish my master project (either for june or september).

then I have 3 mika gigs that I always combine with a few days to visit the cities and countries (nîmes, paris, amsterdam), so that will take almost 2 weeks all in all. then I have 2 jobs, one for 3 weeks and another one in june on some days. maybe I will go to Scotland in september with my sister coz she'll go to uni over there next year and a friend was supposed to come visit me some time. not to mention that during all that time I will have to keep working for my master :boxed: it's gonna be crazaaayyy!!

wow everyone is doing so much! Maybe I will be able to check up on my favorite singers concerts.. that would be fun!... I wish MIKA but I don't think he is coming to US this summer:thumbdown: :thumbdown: ...... :tears::sad:

( geez.. I pick the worst time to finally realize that I am in love with MIKA's songs .. right after he tours US... whats up with that! :lmfao: )

:wink2:

My whole family rented a house on a lake in Pennsylvania for a week, and I'm going to Massachusetts for a weekend retreat.

I think that's pretty much it as far as traveling goes, I might go down the shore for a week with my friends.

As far as other plans, I'm hoping Hilary (heineken22) can visit like she's planning, and I'll be helping around my church a lot.

Ahhh! Summer! I really can't wait.

Well first, i'm sitting my final exams in May and June.

Then, in the middle of that, i'm running what they call 'Race for Life', which, you will probably have heard of it - is a women's only run in aid of Cancer Research, which i'm really looking forward to. Im running in memory of my aunty :)

Then i'm going to Silverstone at the beginning of July to watch the British F1 Grand Prix... (hopefully Lewis Hamilton can pull something out of the bag, if not, i'll be cheering on Kimi Raikonnen because he's amazing.... :bleh:)

Then, after all that, i'm going to Spain with my cousin Gem, its a place like halfway between Valencia and Alicante, and it'll be the first time i go on holiday with her so it's going to be awesome!!

You got me all excited now!!!! :biggrin2:

As far as other plans, I'm hoping Hilary (heineken22) can visit like she's planning, and I'll be helping around my church a lot.

Oh yeah? Well I'LL be helping out at my church more than YOU.

*turns this into a competition*

I'm spending two weeks in California in August. We may have a California MFC meetup then, prolly August 17th. :wub2:

Oh, and the small matter of getting married while I'm down there, too, in San Diego on August 24th.

Should be a blast! :punk:

haha, minor details....

lol

i hope i can plan it so i'm in cali then!! Then would be awesome =]

haha, minor details....

lol

i hope i can plan it so i'm in cali then!! Then would be awesome =]

Yeah - committing to one person for life? Meh, minor detail. :naughty:

It would be great if you could be in Cali for our meetup! We don't know what we're doing yet, exactly, but it will prolly be in the LA area. :punk: