What would you ask Mika?

chickadee

If you are anything like me and have Mika bubbling away at the back of your thoughts all day long regardless of whatever else it is that you may actually be doing, then you may have thought of questions that you have about Mika or for Mika.

And cos they crop up so regularly for me and then my dementia kicks in and I forget what it was I wanted to know, I have trouble finding the answers to these questions.

So, I thought I'd start a thread for questions I'd like to ask Mika if he was standing in front of me.

Now, it may only end up being a place where I keep a record of my failing memory, but if you have any questions you've always wanted to ask Mika, maybe you could write them here too. And it may well be that the answer to your question is already out there somewhere and another kind MFC'er can point you on the way to your enlightenment. At least, that's what I'm half hoping might happen for me :biggrin2:

I'm not all that interested in hearing things like "Will you marry me?" or "Are you gay?" etc. Whilst they may be valid questions, they're a bit old hat. I want to know if you've got any other kinds of questions... Maybe random ones like RAK1 was asking after the U.K. gigs or maybe serious ones. Whatever, just let the questions flow!

OK, the following is a compilation of all the questions submitted so far to this thread. Some are mine, but the majority are from YOU.

The list:

-------------------------------------------------------------

• Did you ever have a back up plan if music didn't work out, or were you just going to persist with it until it did?

• Did your siblings all do singing lessons as well as you? Or was it just cos the whole piano lesson thing didn't really work for you?

• Is there an instrument you've always wanted to learn but haven't and if so what?

• Are you more comfortable talking from behind the piano/keyboard? Or did you used to be but you've gotten more used to interviews now?

• Is there anything you would change about how you broke as an artist?

• What's Over My Shoulder About?

• Would you ever consider starting your own clothing store?

• What was the progression with Grace Kelly? How did it go from a stick-you-song-for-yourself to one of the biggest singles of 2007? How did you get to the point where you decided he was going to record it for LICM?

• What color are your eyes? Brown or Hazel?

• Does the song, Your Sympathy have any background or specific meaning from a time in your life?

• How many languages do you speak and how many do you understand but can't speak in?

• Do you get homesick while away in other countries?

• How did you get the scar above your eye?

• Where do you buy your shoes? And your watches?

• Are you aware that in France some people gives you a nickname "le petit fiancé de la France" (the little fiancé of France)? Having lived in France for a long time what's your feelings about this?

• Do you like snooker?

• What is your favourite sport?

• What perfume do you use?

• What do people at your local Sainsbury's do or say when they recognise you now? How do you feel about all that?

• Is it still possible to drop down to the corner shop for the newspaper without getting accosted by fans?

• Do you still take the tube?

• How have your siblings coped with the changes in their lives because of your fame?

• What do you still do now that has always annoyed your mother?

• What Japanese anime/manga characters are your favourites?

• Do you spend time reading? What are your favourite books?

• Do you get any fans knocking on his door?

• What do you have for breakfast?

• Do you actually keep all the presents that fans give you or do you give some away?

• What's your carbon footprint like? Do you recycle everything or just chuck it in your dustbin?

• What is your favourite place on earth?

• If you could change one thing about yourself what would you change?

• What's your favourite song?

• What's your favourite song of yours?

• Whose Ready Meals do you prefer? What kind?

• Would you like me to write you some new introductions for your songs for when you are on tour next? (ewokwicket)

• What's your favourite nursery rhyme?

• What was the strangest thing you ever did?

• What was the worst thing that ever happened to you?

• How did you get your band together (including Saranayde)?

• Did you ever make an account on the MFC, just for fun?

• What was the weirdest question someone ever asked you?

• Do you ever get contacted by the kids who beat you up in school?

• Do you talk to the people from your childhood like friends?

• Chicken or ticket?

• Do you play exactly the same notes/keys on your piano every time for a song, or do they vary with your mood? (I'm not sure if I'm clear, but I think the trills and flourishes might vary, while the melody stays the same)

• What is the first language you spoke?
    - According to Violet Sky, apparently the answer is French

• Why are you never tired and lost in concert? (about Over My Shoulder. It's my favourite part of the song, but never is sung live.)

• Who is your favourite Beatle?

• Is there any symbolism in the set of your shows or in the album artwork?

• What do you think of your fans dressing like you?

• Do you have hidden messages/backmasking in any of you songs on LICM?

• Did you ever have to do chores like your own laundry and dishes? or did your siblings/mom do it all?

• Did you walk to school?

• What's your fav outfit?

• do you have an ipod? what songs/artists are on it?

• If you could change anything about yourself what would it be?

• Do you agree to do commercial engagements, or are they part of your contract that you get booked for and have no control over?

• Oh and is the underwear modelling thing just a rumour, or are you actually considering it?

• If he does have an ipod, what color is it?

• What's your favourite takeaway food?

• If you were a drink what kind would you be? And why?

• How many countries have you visited?

• Is there anywhere in the world you have yet to visit that you're just dying to go to?

• What do you think of the "Afterparty" you held for the fans at the end of your tour (28/2/2008)?? Did you like it? Didn't?.. So tell us the story.

• If he could never have been a musician, what other job would he have liked to done?

• let's talk about stuck in the middle

• Who really are Billy Brown and Holy Johnny?

• Do you have a single bed, double bed or something bigger?

• what makes him laugh more than anything?

• Do you still look at MFC?

• Why don't you ever play live "Erase"? Is it too sad for you?

• What's on your rider?

• I would like to ask him about his curls ... so are they natural or does he make them every day?

• So Mika, When is the MFC actually going to become "Official"???

• What's up with the microphones pointed towared the audience at your gigs? Is that so you can hear us through your in-ear monitors?

• How do you make the perfect cup of tea? (Or even just a damn good one)

• At what age did you reach your full height (of 6'3")?

• Do you actually have an MFC account, or do you just roam around on here without one?

• Mika..what about selling on one of your secure official site personalized tickets for us ony?
    I can't believe I missed a lot of your gigs in France because the tickets were "misteriously" sold out the same day they appeared online...not mentioning the problems with some tix selling sites

• I WOULD ASK HIM....TO ADOPT MEEEEE! (from Daniella92)

• Are 5 kids better than 1?

• Are you comfortable with people calling you gorgeous/handsome etc now?

• Why does Mika keep laughing in his cover Hips don't lie?

• Which are your 3 favourite chocolate bars? (I think one of them is Galaxy caramel, but which others?)

• Do you sleep on the left or right side of the bed, or in the middle?

• Where do you buy your socks from?

• What do your neighbours think of you? Do they bang on the wall when you are playing your piano too much?

• I would ask him if he's ever thought its just not worth it.

• Can I hold your hand? (from ewokwicket)

• Do you have any other scars apart from the one above your eye?

• I would like to ask Mika how he deals with the problem of female fan infatuation

• Do you ever envisage a day when your family won't be so heavily involved with your career or is this a long-term Penniman family project?

• mika can I hug you? (from Maje)

• Do you have a cleaner?

• I would ask his email xD and his autogaph on my LICM CD

• What's your favourite genre of film? What's your favourite era of film?

• Mika...can I be a Lollipop Girl?!? Pretty please!!! (from iadoremika)

• Mika, if you don't have "that tree where you got your first kiss", where was your first kiss?

• But did you like to sing a lot even before you had lessons?

• Why do you hate flying so much? Have you had a particularly bad experience on a plane? After all the travelling you did in 2007, has it gotten any easier?

• "Please tell me (and make a formal announcement for the world to know) that your name is Michael Holbrook Penniman, and not Mikahil Holbrook Penniman Ismaili"

• Whose decision was it for you to do singing lessons? Did you beg your Mum or did she think that you had a good voice and could do them or did someone hear you singing and say "Oh, that boy should be trained"?

--------------------------

If anyone knows the answers to these (with links to article or interview as appropriate if possible! please) feel free to continue to increase my Mika knowledge. Or if you just want to tell us what Mika thing you really want to know, please share.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been looking at the first Mikgasmic thread (it's taken me nearly 6 months to get around to investigating and in a way I'm glad, cos now I can take those kinds of comments about Mika, unlike when I first joined the forum...) Anyway, it made me think of more questions...

Are you more comfortable talking from behind the piano/keyboard? Or did you used to be but you've gotten more used to interviews now?

Is there anything you would change about how you broke as an artist?

i've kinda been wondering what Over My Shoulder is about...

whenever i hear the song i think of a depressed clown walking the streets with his head hung low like in a movie:naughty:kind of random i know!

Would you ever consider starting your own clothing store, because i would buy everything in it:naughty:

i'll have to think of some more later...right now it's off to bedy bye...

i've kinda been wondering what Over My Shoulder is about...

whenever i hear the song i think of a depressed clown walking the streets with his head hung low like in a movie:naughty:kind of random i know!

Would you ever consider starting your own clothing store, because i would buy everything in it:naughty:

i'll have to think of some more later...right now it's off to bedy bye...

I've always pictured Over My Shoulder being used in a movie or daytime tv or something and so it was quite fitting when it was used over footage of Mika and the band travelling on the bus in the DVD. But yeah, what prompted him to write it? There's probably a thread about it. *is too lazy to look it up*

This is why MFC should get some interview time with Mika. We'd think of far more interesting things to ask him that don't involve where he was born, if he shags men, and why he's in love with Grace Kelly.

I like your backup plan question. He enrolled in geography for a day at the London School of Economics, we know that much - but even after he went to the Royal College of Music, what was the plan if this pop music thing didn't work out? A very good question.

My question - he's always said he wrote Grace Kelly for himself, that he didn't intend on it being a single or even being on the album - so what was the progression, then, betwen stick-you-song-for-himself to one of the biggest singles of 2007? How did he get to the point where he decided he was going to record it? I've heard that Grace Kelly was the first song recorded for LICM, so that decision must have been made early on.

Nice thread. I'll have think and come back with more. :thumb_yello:

Great idea for a thread! I'll have to get back to you with my Mika questions.

However, this thread does remind me of something Hanson does for their fans at every show. (I know, I know, I'm talking about Hanson again.) But at every concert a Hanson.net reporter is announced beforehand. Basically one fan is allowed to have a mini-interview with them, ask them a few questions, and the interviews are typed up or sometimes recorded and then posted on Hanson.net.

If Mika ever did something like that, we could refer back to this thread for question ideas! My friend Chrissy is a Hanson.net reporter for an upcoming show this week, and she asked me what questions she should ask them. It's a really cool idea, and now I so want to use this thread and have MFC reporters! :mf_rosetinted:

Great idea for a thread! I'll have to get back to you with my Mika questions.

However, this thread does remind me of something Hanson does for their fans at every show. (I know, I know, I'm talking about Hanson again.) But at every concert a Hanson.net reporter is announced beforehand. Basically one fan is allowed to have a mini-interview with them, ask them a few questions, and the interviews are typed up or sometimes recorded and then posted on Hanson.net.

If Mika ever did something like that, we could refer back to this thread for question ideas! My friend Chrissy is a Hanson.net reporter for an upcoming show this week, and she asked me what questions she should ask them. It's a really cool idea, and now I so want to use this thread and have MFC reporters! :mf_rosetinted:

Well, I did have this fiendish idea that maybe... one day... it might be useful for that kind of thing. And never mind that you keep referring back to Hanson. I like to hear about what they as a group with a longterm fanbase are doing.

This is why MFC should get some interview time with Mika. We'd think of far more interesting things to ask him that don't involve where he was born, if he shags men, and why he's in love with Grace Kelly.

I like your backup plan question. He enrolled in geography for a day at the London School of Economics, we know that much - but even after he went to the Royal College of Music, what was the plan if this pop music thing didn't work out? A very good question.

My question - he's always said he wrote Grace Kelly for himself, that he didn't intend on it being a single or even being on the album - so what was the progression, then, betwen stick-you-song-for-himself to one of the biggest singles of 2007? How did he get to the point where he decided he was going to record it? I've heard that Grace Kelly was the first song recorded for LICM, so that decision must have been made early on.

Nice thread. I'll have think and come back with more. :thumb_yello:

I meant to MQ this with Alyssa's quote, honest I did, but forgot somehow:insane: I completely agree with the idea that the MFC should have some interview time cos as you say, we already know all that basic stuff and we can move on to stuff that we as fans want to know and that he, as a popstar who gets bored with the same old questions, may find a bit more entertaining or at least refreshing.

This next question is a contriversal one.

~Mika, what color are your eyes? Brown or Hazel?

Been talking about that one for ages.:naughty: We think they are brown by the way.:naughty:

~Does the song, Your Sympathy have any background or specific meaning from a time in your life?

~Do you want to be friends with a couple of twins from Illinois......:naughty: (He couldn't resist, lol)

Okay, this has really stumped me. I thought I would have a ton of questions. It's hard to think on the spur of the moment. I really like the question about the clothing line. Yeah we would definetely buy anything from him. MFC should really ask him some of these. Oh and one more question: Mika, when are you coming back to the U.S.!!!??:naughty:

This next question is a contriversal one.

~Mika, what color are your eyes? Brown or Hazel?

Been talking about that one for ages.:naughty: We think they are brown by the way.:naughty:

~Does the song, Your Sympathy have any background or specific meaning from a time in your life?

~Do you want to be friends with a couple of twins from Illinois......:naughty: (He couldn't resist, lol)

Okay, this has really stumped me. I thought I would have a ton of questions. It's hard to think on the spur of the moment. I really like the question about the clothing line. Yeah we would definetely buy anything from him. MFC should really ask him some of these. Oh and one more question: Mika, when are you coming back to the U.S.!!!??:naughty:

Actually you've just reminded me. I'd like the background on I'm Falling and Overrated. But considering I'm not supposed to know about them, I don't think I could ask that. And you're not supposed to ask when's he going back the U.S. You're supposed to ask when's he coming to Aus!

I dunno what I'd ask him. I asked him if he remembered my friend's band from SXSW about a month after he was there (cos they met briefly) and he kind of did, and in february I asked if he'd be playing glastonbury (he's not) but I dunno.

Oh actually, I do know what I'd ask him.

"Can I have a hug?"

I get the feeling he gives good hugs because he's got a similar build to my friend Stu who gives brilliant hugs. Pointless and selfish, but nevertheless a brilliant question. (Especially if he says yes). :D