Types of Venues: Assigned Seating vs General Seating

elanorelle

What is your seating preference for Concerts?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What is your seating preference for Concerts?

• Assigned Seating (Opera Houses, Arenas, Theatres)
    • General Admission (Night Clubs, Halls )
    • I dont' really care either way!

EDIT: I Meant General Seating to mean General Admission (which could mean

seating or standing but at a first come first serve basis-can't edit the poll thingy!)

I think this is a very important issue. i am referring to indoor concerts,,,not so much as huge out door ones although I am sure some rules do apply .I am still astonished at what happens at the various venues when lining up and getting in that in general seating situations not everyone is happy or worse gets hurt ( like me who still has a back injury) or in a fight and I hate seeing this happening! I know price can be an issue for some....There are many which are open halls where a better solution needs to be made for them,, but there are many theatres, Opera houses, Live Theatres, Arenas, Colosseum's that have a assigned seating and do very very well . If price is an issue,,well maybe being official can eventually make the closer seats not as pricey. For instance, at the Orpheum, all seats where the same price in the front and in the back! it was great price juggling! so it has been done . Its the horror stories I hear at some of the venues in the UK and USA where people have to wait for half a day before getting inside which is not good for those with bladder problems, diabetes, other conditions (my case Rheumatoid Arthritis). So this is a poll to see what our preferences would be and ways each way each one would make our experiences the most enjoyable.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Mika is HUGE enough now to play 'REAL' theatres in America now~

opposed to these crappy little sleezy general admission theatres he is doing. I would MUCH rather walk into a venue all fresh and clean and just go straight to my seat and ENJOY the show!~ Never to have to stand in the freezing cold for 15 hours again! It was an experience of a lifetime! But, I have been there and done that now! Time to move forward! Seated venues ONLY make sense at this point! Why isn't management getting the picture? :blink:

opposed to these crappy little sleezy general admission theatres he is doing. I would MUCH rather walk into a venue all fresh and clean and just go straight to my seat and ENJOY the show!~ Never to have to stand in the freezing cold for 15 hours again! It was an experience of a lifetime! But, I have been there and done that now! Time to move forward! Seated venues ONLY make sense at this point! Why isn't management getting the picture? :blink:

Yeah my mom told me people were shot outside the toronto venue one year :naughty: Yeah i know...displeasing..

Most venues have assigned areas for wheelchairs users, so this shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah but my dad shouldnt be treated more special than anyone else, he wants to be treated normal. So i think its only fair everyone else can be able to sit as necessary as well.

that is why I am making a case. I have been to both types of venues and I know from experience...

Most venues have assigned areas for wheelchairs users, so this shouldn't be a problem.

Definately not the sleeze joints he has been playing here in America!!!!

Yeah but my dad shouldnt be treated more special than anyone else, he wants to be treated normal. So i think its only fair everyone else can be able to sit as necessary as well.

exactly......some of us don't need wheel chairs but still cannot stand for long hours

Right on sister! :punk:

Yeah my mom told me people were shot outside the toronto venue one year :naughty: Yeah i know...displeasing..

You should see where he played in Miami last year :boxed:

You feel you HAVE to be packing just to STAND there :naughty:

I mean most of us would be up and dancing an not sitting :roftl::roftl:..however its nice to have that option....my blood pressure dropped and couldn't go to the bathroom or I would lose my spot and ended up being sick at the end of the night.

I agree completely. Where he played in toronot is supposedly the "bad area of toronto" (we have many of those though :fisch:) and my parents didnt want me going into a club.

I am starting to think that he only plays in the WORST possible areas~ NYC, Miami..... eeewww. Mika is a class act, and should refuse to play anywhere less than the standards that he clearly upholds! :mf_rosetinted:

I mean most of us would be up and dancing an not sitting :roftl::roftl:..however its nice to have that option....my blood pressure dropped and couldn't go to the bathroom or I would lose my spot and ended up being sick at the end of the night.

I would be doing the funky chicken!

that is another issue I have with this is to is safety of concert goers!

night clubs are not the best choice over all.....there are some fab coffee places but they ARE TOO SMALL...(rats)

I want to do a report on this and maybe even go beyond MFC and ask other people I know what they prefer. I will make a draft up.

ive put Assigned Seating but i tend to steer clear of seated gigs , i love standing & bopping to the sounds ,when it is seated you get total crap if u try n stand up . i really dont see the point in going to see a band play where u have to remain stuck to your seat through-out the gig :thumbdown:

You should see where he played in Miami last year :boxed:

You feel you HAVE to be packing just to STAND there :naughty:

I am starting to think that he only plays in the WORST possible areas~ NYC, Miami..... eeewww. Mika is a class act, and should refuse to play anywhere less than the standards that he clearly upholds! :mf_rosetinted:

Yeah like why the **** couldn't mika play at the air canada centre? Is he really that cheap? He would've gotten tonnes of people (including me) if my parents had let me, which it might have been easier for them

I would be doing the funky chicken!

:das: As would I

that is another issue I have with this is to is safety of concert goers!

night clubs are not the best choice over all.....there are some fab coffee places but they ARE TOO SMALL...(rats)

I want to do a report on this and maybe even go beyond MFC and ask other people I know what they prefer. I will make a draft up.

Good idea! Mika needs to do some classier places like the ACC

I hate seated venues! If you get stuck with a crappy row you're stuck with it the whole time and there's nothing you can do about it!

In Seattle I got there at noon and waited outside. It was totally worth it, I was the first person inside. All the security guys were laughing at me because I was poised at the door and RAN BY BUTT OFF no sooner than 1 second after they moved out of my way. Almost fell on my face once I reached my coveted spot...

I did see Hanson at the Orpheum a few years back and as I recall every one just migrated towards the front anyway.