Types of Venues: Assigned Seating vs General Seating

elanorelle

What is your seating preference for Concerts?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What is your seating preference for Concerts?

• Assigned Seating (Opera Houses, Arenas, Theatres)
    • General Admission (Night Clubs, Halls )
    • I dont' really care either way!

I'm not sure...

I really like general admission for MIKA, but that's the only one I've seen him with...

I never really liked assigned seating.. It never turned out good with other concerts, and it can be hard to get ahold of some good ones.

I guess for me, I like both. It seems like assigned seating mixed with general admission would be good for big venues. I like it when they're mixed. :wink2:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate seated venues! If you get stuck with a crappy row you're stuck with it the whole time and there's nothing you can do about it!

In Seattle I got there at noon and waited outside. It was totally worth it, I was the first person inside. All the security guys were laughing at me because I was poised at the door and RAN BY BUTT OFF no sooner than 1 second after they moved out of my way. Almost fell on my face once I reached my coveted spot...

I did see Hanson at the Orpheum a few years back and as I recall every one just migrated towards the front anyway.

but SOME people are bound to be STANDING at the back as well. Might as well let them be seating so they can see .

PLUS: It would be like seeing a plsy, or live theatre but louder and darker, I've been to many plays in my 14 years, assigned seating, and no, ive always had good seats but it's not that bad the back-row seating , if you can hear the play from back there you can DEFFINITELY hear a screaming version of love today

but SOME people are bound to be STANDING at the back as well. Might as well let them be seating so they can see .

PLUS: It would be like seeing a plsy, or live theatre but louder and darker, I've been to many plays in my 14 years, assigned seating, and no, ive always had good seats but it's not that bad the back-row seating , if you can hear the play from back there you can DEFFINITELY hear a screaming version of love today

Maybe it's just me but I hate being stuck in the back...I know a lot of people who hate being up front though. Mixed venues are the best for anyone. Sitting room AND standing room.

Maybe it's just me but I hate being stuck in the back...I know a lot of people who hate being up front though. Mixed venues are the best for anyone. Sitting room AND standing room.

yeah but there's ALWAYS have to be someone at the back, that's the way it is. and if no one wants to be at the back, then people will obviously fight to be at the front

yeah but there's ALWAYS have to be someone at the back, that's the way it is. and if no one wants to be at the back, then people will obviously fight to be at the front

I was getting worried that people would fight in Seattle, but it really didn't happen (to me anyway, I've heard stories from other people).

Nothing could be as bad as when I saw Millencolin a few years back...I had HUGE bruises in the shape of the grating all up and down my hipbones for weeks.

ive put Assigned Seating but i tend to steer clear of seated gigs , i love standing & bopping to the sounds ,when it is seated you get total crap if u try n stand up . i really dont see the point in going to see a band play where u have to remain stuck to your seat through-out the gig :thumbdown:

Just because it is a seated venue, doesn't mean you cannot stand up and dance. I was at a seated concert last weekend *A Queen tribute band* and it was fab. Makes LIFE alot easier!!!! :thumb_yello:

yes the mixture of both is very good indeed...a church I was in had a great concert and those who couldn't sit....stood at the sides and still got great views.

I am sure if we can find the pluses and minuses of each , we can strive to let some one know the best way of improving both!

you don't have to stay in your seat ! I stood up the whole time!!!! :P

Yeah...I cannot even imagine people sitting at a mika gig!!!! The two just do not go hand and hand!!!!!

I was getting worried that people would fight in Seattle, but it really didn't happen (to me anyway, I've heard stories from other people).

Nothing could be as bad as when I saw Millencolin a few years back...I had HUGE bruises in the shape of the grating all up and down my hipbones for weeks.

:sad: Ouch, concerts are supposed to be fun, and ohnestly, should be more suited to our prefference than MIKA's. (or the general ..artsist)

Just because it is a seated venue, doesn't mean you cannot stand up and dance. I was at a seated concert last weekend *A Queen tribute band* and it was fab. Makes LIFE alot easier!!!! :thumb_yello:

at the MIKA concert in Vancouver! I never sat down once ..except maybe during anyother world to catch my breath! but everyone was jumping up and down and dancing like crazies! :P:P

Yeah...I cannot even imagine people sitting at a mika gig!!!! The two just do not go hand and hand!!!!!

it just gets rid of the MOSH and SQUISH that happens with the general venues and I find that I NEED TO GO TO THE BATHROOM SOMETIMES!:sneaky2::sneaky2:

:sad: Ouch, concerts are supposed to be fun, and ohnestly, should be more suited to our prefference than MIKA's. (or the general ..artsist)

I know...I seriously don't understand why people fight to get at prime spots. They'll just get thrown out anyway!

it just gets rid of the MOSH and SQUISH that happens with the general venues and I find that I NEED TO GO TO THE BATHROOM SOMETIMES!:sneaky2::sneaky2:

my friend larkin has a bladder problem, and i'd hate to see her not being able to go with worrying about keeping her spot

would that get on your record? OUCH, that would suck.

It might if it was bad enough. My friend got punched in the face once becuase she was defending my other friend from some girls who were calling him names. They got thrown out :wink2:

ARCHNAKID.....what venues in Seattle other than the Sodo do you think would have been good?

Hmm...i'm not all that familiar with Seattle and the only other venue I've been to there was the Key Arena which is ginormous. But I might say the regualr Showbox might have been nice. The area was a tad bit skeezy and some guy almost ran my friend and me over and called us dumbasses when we were walking on the SIDEWALK!!

Hmm...i'm not all that familiar with Seattle and the only other venue I've been to there was the Key Arena which is ginormous. But I might say the regualr Showbox might have been nice. The area was a tad bit skeezy and some guy almost ran my friend and me over and called us dumbasses when we were walking on the SIDEWALK!!

and too small! it was horribly small!

and too small! it was horribly small!

It was pretty small...I did like the intimacy of it all though.

My friend and I got soooooo lost on our way, we ended up at the regular Showbox and started panicking :jawdrop:

but with seats, at least you get the choice between standing or sitting to take a breather.

yep...that is the ideal situation!:)

Vancouver has so many nice seated venues!

the Colloseium, the GM Place, BC place, the Orpheum, Queen Elizabeth, Chan Centre for Performing arts, even tiny places too with seating!

well here in glasgow you do , their moanie gits here :thumbdown:

Yikes! My worst experiences was when I got kicked in the face by s crowd surfer at a Killers concert...LOL I can't imagine Mika's gigs becoming like that...

I personally HATE seated venues. Although I have no problem standing/queuing or whatever for hours/days at a time so I can say that... What I don't like about them, despite the obvious (half of the audience not standing up/generally being dull and boring) is that it's sooooo stressful to buy tickets...No mater what I've done I've never been able to get front row tickets for a seated venue. EVER. The people who end up front row usually tend to be random people who look out of place and barely even know who they're going to see and the most they do all night is a small polite clap at the end. At least with GA it's the 'real' fans who manage to get to the front as they actually have to sacrifice something not jus pure luck of being assigned good tickets online or over the phone or whatever. I prefer to earn my place, whether it's front or back.