This One's For Us Girls Part 24

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:roftl:

I had a calendar where it would translate all these rude words in different languages. I think they had d*ckhead or I think it was c*cksucker.. anyway... sucking too hard on your lollipop, la la :fisch:

what goes around comes around, right? :biggrin2:

obviously I'm not offended!but I just wanna spread a more positive image of my country!

and I DO AM angelic...:naughty:

Yes, obviously not :fisch: Lol.. but there are swear words everywhere in the world.. and it's not as rude saying it in Italy.. well that's what my mum tells me.. lol

Yes, obviously not :fisch: Lol.. but there are swear words everywhere in the world.. and it's not as rude saying it in Italy.. well that's what my mum tells me.. lol

obviously yes..:fisch:

it all depends on the tone and on the circumstances:If you say it in a friendly mood, it's not that offensive,but, if you are arguing or if you want to be rude and mean it's enough offensive.

Would you really? Are you sure? :naughty: And who wins exactly? Lol

it would maybe take a long time to explain to him why i want a swearing competition...and we gotta be in the right mood...you know.

i'll let you know who wins when the sheets are torn.

(i'm talking rubbish, i should go to bed...:bleh:)

Awesome :punk: Any places in particular you wanna go visit?

I think some of the main attractions like Buckingham Palace, Tower Bridge, Trafalgar Square, etc. And some other sights, maybe Greenwich and Parliament Hill. If there's enough time I would like to visit the Science Museum too. Have you ever been there?

it would maybe take a long time to explain to him why i want a swearing competition...and we gotta be in the right mood...you know.

:shocked::shocked: In your dreams.

obviously yes..:fisch:

it all depends on the tone and on the circumstances:If you say it in a friendly mood, it's not that offensive,but, if you are arguing or if you want to be rude and mean it's enough offensive.

I guess it's similar here.. although whenever someone uses the F word, then don't seem too happy even if they are in a happy mood lol

In the right mood? And when's the right mood exactly? :naughty:

Wooah, :roftl: so this is more of a physical game isn't it? :mf_rosetinted: Forget about the swearing :roftl:

I think some of the main attractions like Buckingham Palace, Tower Bridge, Trafalgar Square, etc. And some other sights, maybe Greenwich and Parliament Hill. If there's enough time I would like to visit the Science Museum too. Have you ever been there?

I hope you manage to see them all in 3 days, then again the days are longer, so it might be ok. The last time I went was, in Dec 2006, but then I got bored (we only went so my cousins could go see it), but I used to really like going to museums when I was younger. If you're into that kinda stuff you'll like it :wink2:

In the right mood? And when's the right mood exactly? :naughty:

Wooah, :roftl: so this is more of a physical game isn't it? :mf_rosetinted: Forget about the swearing :roftl:

it all got mixed up somehow. right mood? hmmm...:biggrin2:

Do you actually have them? I don't have them.

i have!

have you seen his new blog post?

Monday, May 12, 2008

My one day off in Connecticut, rain, and itchy scalp

Im sitting 45 mins outside of New York, planning the last few days of my US trip. I've been here for 12 days now but only have two more to go. As I started searching through the internet and going through comments and messages on myspace as well as spying into various forums(the latter always being a bit of a dangerous activity), it became clear to me that I needed to write something and let people know what I'm up to.

Tonight I'm off to watch Tegan and Sara at Terminal 5 in New York. If you don't know them, check out their song Back In Your Head. Its pretty damn good. They're playing the very same place that we all took over a few months ago. I'm also going to be checking out the illustrator Sophie Blackall's studio in Broklyn. I've spoken about her before. She illustrated a brilliant children's book called Ruby's Wish.

Its been a busy few weeks. Mainly, I've been working on the new album. Writing and demoing. But I've also been planning a few other things. Mainly my website and my short festival run in July.

I have decided to redesign my website and change the way that I've been approaching what I do online. From the very beginning, I always wanted a website that not only represented me, my music and my visual world but something that could take on a life of its own. I never really had a chance to make this happen the way that I wanted it to. SO... I have formed a small team, and together with them, I am going to write about what I'm up to on a regular basis. Posting things that we love from around the world as well as creating new art, cartoon strips, short films and loads more.

Ambitious? yes! but fun too. and thats the point. I suppose that as we have become less broke, creating things like this have become more possible. I know that if I started a normal blog people wouldn't be interested in reading what I was having for breakfast or which other musicians I think are asses. So that's not the point. Think of it as bit of an online scrap book.

We are going to start building the new site really soon and we will be looking for your help. So keep your eyes peeled for how you can get involved.

As for the July run of shows. You can find out where I'm gonna be on the LIVE section of http://www.mikasounds.com I will post the dates up here by tomorrow.

I have to say one more thing. I notice that the past few months I've been getting loads of messages and comments from people in the United States and especially from South America. I'm really proud of what's been happening with my music in Argentina and Mexico, Venezuela and all over South America. I am thanking you to high heaven for giving me an excuse to tour over there on my next record. Can't wait!

Right my ride to the city has been waiting for me for 45 mins. Its almost five and I havent showered or eaten yet. My hair smells as i have refused to wash it on a "natural" wash experiment I've had going on. Now that it itches, I've had enough. Screw natural. My scalp needs chemicals.

a bientot,

Mxx