Oldlings Part 19

Wendi

Hi guys... Here now... had a crappy day only because I got absolutely soaked on the way to work this morning... :thumbdown:

Never known rain like it :shocked:

Was so bad had to ask for a new shirt... :roftl:

Couldn't do anything about the rest of me though.... so have felt abit miserable all day... :(

Not surprised with the news on the album either... I was expecting it for 2009 anyway...

I'm kind of used to waiting for albums awhile from bands I like anyway...

Franz's last one was released Sept 05' and Blur's was 2003.... I'm a pro at waiting... :crybaby:

How's everyone else... hope you're all OK.... :thumb_yello:

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys... Here now... had a crappy day only because I got absolutely soaked on the way to work this morning... :thumbdown:

Never known rain like it :shocked:

Was so bad had to ask for a new shirt... :roftl:

Couldn't do anything about the rest of me though.... so have felt abit miserable all day... :(

Not surprised with the news on the album either... I was expecting it for 2009 anyway...

I'm kind of used to waiting for albums awhile from bands I like anyway...

Franz's last one was released Sept 05' and Blur's was 2003.... I'm a pro at waiting... :crybaby:

How's everyone else... hope you're all OK.... :thumb_yello:

Hi Laurel, it's quiet tonight. No-one to talk to so I've been voting. Hope you have dried out now:wink2:

I'm ok now i've taken my absolutely sodden socks off... :(

Just haven't felt very comfortable today at all....

You made me giggle earlier when I was catching up...

I'm not here... I just walked too near the computer....

I don't even have that excuse .... I put this sodding thing on my lap every evening so I can't even pretend it was a mistake and I meant to do something else...

Hi Oldlings - back for a wee while - before I have to go back and get

the girls!! :thumb_yello:

Don't worry Happi - the time will come soon enough when the girls are

no longer at home, and I will miss having to pick them up etc!! :blush-anim-cl:

But I am a bit worried that after the July gigs there will be nothing happening for another six months or so. I think people will begin to drift away from the MFC if there is nothing to hold their interest.

This is why I wish we were an official fan club with a proper structure, so that we could be doing things like running monthly competitions, actually getting updates on what Mika is up to, and so on.

My thoughts EXACTLY!!!! :thumb_yello:

You made me giggle earlier when I was catching up...

I'm not here... I just walked too near the computer....

I don't even have that excuse .... I put this sodding thing on my lap every evening so I can't even pretend it was a mistake and I meant to do something else...

My computer has this strange power - I just get sucked into the Mikaverse and I have no control over it at all :roftl: Honest :fisch:

Hi Oldlings - back for a wee while - before I have to go back and get

the girls!! :thumb_yello:

Don't worry Happi - the time will come soon enough when the girls are

no longer at home, and I will miss having to pick them up etc!! :blush-anim-cl:

My thoughts EXACTLY!!!! :thumb_yello:

Hi Wendi :thumb_yello: Perhaps we should start the Official Unofficial Mika Fan Club and get some things organised :roftl:

Hi Wendi :thumb_yello: Perhaps we should start the Official Unofficial Mika Fan Club and get some things organised :roftl:

I think Fred and co. will need to put on their thinking caps for this.

There are already less people here after all the nearly.....nearly....

nearly.......top of the week............WHENEVER officialdom!! :sneaky2:

I think Fred and co. will need to put on their thinking caps for this.

There are already less people here after all the nearly.....nearly....

nearly.......top of the week............WHENEVER officialdom!! :sneaky2:

And if Fred and Co are too busy to sort this out, I am ready to lend a hand:biggrin2:

And if Fred and Co are too busy to sort this out, I am ready to lend a hand:biggrin2:

I will have to have a few meetings with Mika just to make sure what I

propose is something he feels comfortable with - he is in control!! :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

propose is something he feels comfortable with - he is in control!! :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

Well I'll be your trusted assistant then and take notes:wink2:

No problemo!!! :thumb_yello::naughty:

Well it didn't take us long to sort that out :roftl:

Which world problem shall we tackle next?:mf_rosetinted:

But it will have to wait until tomorrow as I have to go now.

Bye Wendi (and bye Laurel if you are still about)

Well it didn't take us long to sort that out :roftl:

Which world problem shall we tackle next?:mf_rosetinted:

But it will have to wait until tomorrow as I have to go now.

Bye Wendi (and bye Laurel if you are still about)

Ok - get plenty rest - we may be busy :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

Oh and I'll video it so the MFC can see it.... 3's better anyway... :)

Ah!! Our personal photographer as well :naughty:

:roftl:

Stop press: Strange report from Anouk in Mikagasmics about Mika being support act to Celine Dion? Doesn't sound right to me:blink:

That is bizarre!!!! :shocked:

Off to googlewhore a bit!! :naughty:

She is performing in Paris at the moment!! :blink:

Stop press: Strange report from Anouk in Mikagasmics about Mika being support act to Celine Dion? Doesn't sound right to me:blink:

Ha ha, the bizzarest story of the week by far!

When we spoke to Mika last week about the official thing, he is as keen as anyone to post the announcement, but there is still some legal stuff to sort out, which he said should be soon. But he wanted everyone to know that to him we ARE the official fan club, he really likes what we have here.

Rose - here is Anouk's latest post!! :shocked:

I wasn't going to see Celine but when I heard that Mika was there it was just like "damnit".

And...If they give me the choice and opportunity I'll be in perfect health right now. Have seen enough of hospitals for the rest of my life:thumbdown::boxed:

She booked a trip to Paris with her bf, just to see Celine. She has had hard times and I was so lucky for her that she was having this little break. She liked Mika but I truely believe that like him is being replaced for love him:naughty::bleh:

Ha ha, the bizzarest story of the week by far!

When we spoke to Mika last week about the official thing, he is as keen as anyone to post the announcement, but there is still some legal stuff to sort out, which he said should be soon. But he wanted everyone to know that to him we ARE the official fan club, he really likes what we have here.

:wub2: Sincerely .... thanks Rose for that .... & on that note, G'night & Sweet Dreams fellow Oldlings ..... :huglove: ..... :bye:

Hi to anyone left,

I will be the office goffor,

By the time the next album comes out, there will be another rising pop singer, and no Mika is not in control, his managers are, why was there no plans in place for a foolow up to follow on the success of the first album, or are there plans to release the album as singles then the album, people on here like what they had been given, but now what, yes there are gigs, but most of the stuff is festivals, if that is your biscuit great, someone has pointed out the numbers on here are diminishing rapidly, waiting another 9 -12 months it will have to be good, as the flames get smaller it is harder to re ignite the fire,

1 good album or song does not make you a superstar, though the pennies may be good, will those pennies reappear after such a long wait, look back in pop history, those artistes/bands flooded the charts with constant releases, and enjoyed the long term rewards, and kept fan clubs in house asap, not taken as mugs

Hi to anyone left,

I will be the office goffor,

By the time the next album comes out, there will be another rising pop singer, and no Mika is not in control, his managers are, why was there no plans in place for a foolow up to follow on the success of the first album, or are there plans to release the album as singles then the album, people on here like what they had been given, but now what, yes there are gigs, but most of the stuff is festivals, if that is your biscuit great, someone has pointed out the numbers on here are diminishing rapidly, waiting another 9 -12 months it will have to be good, as the flames get smaller it is harder to re ignite the fire,

1 good album or song does not make you a superstar, though the pennies may be good, will those pennies reappear after such a long wait, look back in pop history, those artistes/bands flooded the charts with constant releases, and enjoyed the long term rewards, and kept fan clubs in house asap, not taken as mugs

there are exceptions to the rule, but mika is no David Bowie

Ok goffer :wink2:

I need to go for my girls now - back soon I hope!! :thumb_yello:

I know what you mean Alex - but if Mika is not happy with the songs

etc then he will not release - sometimes THAT is the biggest mistake.

When the first album has been so good, the follow-up has to be just

right, or it will get slagged off, by fans and critics alike. Mika knows

that the pressure is on - but he still wants it to be just right!

Am off - :bye: