Oldlings Part 19

Wendi

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

daydreaming about a cosy gig of 150 and about going to beirut as testimonials of the first fans....

(sounds like the First Nations in canada!:roftl:)

Wow 150:blink:

If I win the lottery on Wednesday, we are all going to Beirut:mf_rosetinted::naughty:

I am .. I am...

:naughty:

just not fast enough... am caught up with all the chatting..

I agree... I am sure he appreciates familiar faces.. people that have been to his early gigs.. and I heard from many people that not only he recognized their faces.. but sometimes their names.. which is not very common in the world of celebrities

there is a positive side to it though, this gig will give the chance to many hardcore Lebanese fans that were there from the beginning but could not afford to travel the world to see him.. He has been a huge hit since January 2007... Lebanese fans have been supporting him tremendously .. it's a good they now have a chance to see him live..

i agree with that too.

actually i was wondering that, when aussie and south america and japan turns come, we should leave the gigs to the natives there.

without crowding the first rows EVEN there...with our familiar faces.

we should understand that ppl in those countries have a right to see mika without being embarassed by old fans coming from europe/north america.

they need to create a dedicated fan base, without us!

does it sound odd?

thanks kath

No reply as yet

150 people gig... those were the days my friend... we thought they'd never end...

Well...........we lived in hope but we knew they would really!:naughty:

i mean...we could tell them name by name....we are 150 dedicated fans here, more or less....just a family reunion!

awwwwwww

is dreaming legal?

Yes but it doesn't usually get one anywhere!:naughty:

maybe a fanclub gig is one of the things that the officialness will bring!

Once again...we live in hope!:naughty:

I'm going turn in now.. didn't sleep that well last night.... do you ever sleep well when It's not your own bed... lol

Anway have fun tonight and I'll be back tomorrow... :)

You are not supposed to sleep when it isn't your own bed!:naughty:

Good night Laurel...sleep well whoevers bed you are in!:naughty:

Oh no, I didn't mean this at all...

I think the more familiar faces the better...

what I meant is that many of the Lebanese fans are also "old" fans.. that never had a chance to see him live cause they either could not afford to travel or never toured in a close geographic area..

I am lucky to be able to afford all the traveling..

and I think Mika would be lucky to see his global fans traveling the world to see him..

it's fair for all

:thumb_yello:

does that make sense?

yes it does :blush-anim-cl:

what i wanted to say (i didn't mean you said that , no, i was just wondering myself) is that some first fans here are a bit....overwhelming sometimes.

so, if they decide to fly over the moon to see mika, the moon natives might have some difficulties in finding little room!!!

anyway...i'm sure mika is happy whoever he meets...he's so easy and lovely!:wub2:

Helloo.....Ditto!!

Are you feeling better today, or still a bit :badmood:

oh I'm still :badmood: I have developed a hacking cough. I just think I'm really run down but I will stop moaning, worse things happen at sea and all that:naughty:

Just curious... How hot is sooo hot in the U.K.? Cos I'm fairly sure that whatever cold temps I might talk about having here in Canberra would be not very cold for you all...

Ha. Sooooo hot here is nothing compared with most of the world. Get to 20 degrees and we talk of record breaking! Well, perhaps not quite, but 24 ish is good for here. I take it that's a chilly day for you? Where Sam's gone it can be 40 in the day and minus 8 at night. Sounds dreadful to me!

What's the keyboard shortcut for the degree sign? Anyone know. I only usually need ÷ (which is Alt 246.)

i agree with that too.

actually i was wondering that, when aussie and south america and japan turns come, we should leave the gigs to the natives there.

without crowding the first rows EVEN there...with our familiar faces.

we should understand that ppl in those countries have a right to see mika without being embarassed by old fans coming from europe/north america.

they need to create a dedicated fan base, without us!

does it sound odd?

No odder than you usually sound!

well sweet ladies, i'm going to bed. have a nice evening! :huglove:

Good night Miek! Sleep well!

techical request (kath, you may not read...:naughty:)

is skype working with windows vista?:blink:

Hey madam...watch it:naughty:

Hi Jems!:wub2:

there is a Skype version for Windows Vista that can be downloaded (different than the Proffesional version)...

but windows vista is horrible.. it crashes all the time... lots of errors

:thumbdown:

Hi racha, even though you've gone.

Windows Vista is dreadful in itself but is also incompatible with anything other than brand new peripheral stuff - my printer my camera and my scanner for three.

:wink2:

agree with you...

I don't think the "natives" should feel overwhelmed... I was welcomed in Brixton's gig ... and I met many Italian, french, German, dutch fans... and he recognized many of them.. if I were him, I would be very grateful...

I think he should be happy that there is anyone willing to travel anywhere to see him.. and in many ways he does show it to his fans.. which is why he has so many fans..

that's why oldlings, move your lazy bums.. and come to Beirut!

I just had a quick look at flights and at nearly £300 e/w it's a definate no go for me :crybaby:

That's the spirit:thumb_yello:

How were your brides on Monday?

All my learners loved it and my feedback from them was great, my bully manager who dipped in and out observing me for quality hated it. I did point out that she missed most of it but she said she was surprized at the feedback cos she thought it was basically crap (to cut the story short):boxed:

Hi Jems!:wub2:

Hello Kath:wub2:

well sweet ladies, i'm going to bed. have a nice evening! :huglove:

Night x

All my learners loved it and my feedback from them was great, my bully manager who dipped in and out observing me for quality hated it. I did point out that she missed most of it but she said she was surprized at the feedback cos she thought it was basically crap (to cut the story short)

Hello Kath

Night x

Oh...she sounds lovely...this is for her.... :raygun::boxing::bash::gun_bandana::gun2::rocket::hunter:

No wonder you were a bit pee'ed off

Hello Ruth, nice to catch you. Hope you're well?

My shortcut to the degrees sign is Alt + 0189

Hi Shari. It's been a long time since I saw you!

Alt 0189 gives me half ½

Which is handy although word does it automatically. Any other ideas? They're not memorable are they? Except even numbers for this ÷

Yes, the flights were well over £300 from edinbugh...far too much for us I am afraid..because it isn't just the flight is it , it is everything else as well but as I said, we will be with you in spirit!

The trouble is, you can't buy a computer without Vista now can you.

OK folks, i am off, goodnight and very sweet dreams :wub2::wub2:

Hi Ruth.. am still here

:punk:

I agree with you.. I removed it from my personal computer.. and asked them to reinstall XP... what's up with all the "security alerts" every time I click a button!

it's a very bad MAC OS immitation...

:thumbdown:

I too made them remove Vista. It didn't go without a fight!