Oldlings Part 19

Wendi

I just have to say Silver that everytime i see your siggy, I think of the Crowded House song...

Er... that's because it is from the Crowded House song

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Before!!! O.K.

That would be while we were dealing with Cynthia's cases. It took ages.

Weren't you with us Rose? The car was very crowded. We watched him struggle to fold himself into the back seat of the car. And we thought about, but did not follow. We waved.

No, my car was around the front of the venue, which is funny, 'cause earlier in the day we dropped Andy off around the back, and it never dawned on me to park there later on:boxed:

I didn't know that. I was in the same boat. I'd just found out Mika's name, Googled him and found the tour dates and the nearest one was 35 miles away. I just never thought that I could go. Much, much too old.

But s.o. persuaded me and I have not looked back :)

Morning! chickadee. how are you?

I should say "Evening Ruth", shouldn't I? I'm good, just trying to read back and see what I missed...

Er... that's because it is from the Crowded House song

Oh.:doh:

OK Oldlings, must go now as I am soooo tired. Sweet Mika dreams all :wub2:

mikaatnokia262tz9hu7.jpg

:mf_lustslow:

That's a great way to say goodnight Silver.

Night night, sweet dreams to you too:wink2:.

Its really pretty - light and floaty!!! :thumb_yello:

Ah. Never seen that before actually. So who was the s.o. that got you going?

Oh, I was being lazy and very decadent and I'd hired a cleaning lady. And she kept saying 'buy tickets, go, get tickets, you'll enjoy it' and so on. And so I did, and she was right. I was the oldest person there but it didn't matter. And it doesn't, does it?

(And later I had to sack her because she kept breaking things and not owning up, but I will always be grateful to her for pushing me into this madness.)

Pretty. I keep forgetting it's summer there, even with people talking about going swimming and having to water the lawns and temperatures above 20 degrees. It looks lovely and cool.

No, my car was around the front of the venue, which is funny, 'cause earlier in the day we dropped Andy off around the back, and it never dawned on me to park there later on:boxed:

Was that when you gave Andy a lift? If ever Mika tours the UK again I will stick very close to you. :wink2:

Oh, I was being lazy and very decadent and I'd hired a cleaning lady. And she kept saying 'buy tickets, go, get tickets, you'll enjoy it' and so on. And so I did, and she was right. I was the oldest person there but it didn't matter. And it doesn't, does it?

(And later I had to sack her because she kept breaking things and not owning up, but I will always be grateful to her for pushing me into this madness.)

Do you think you would be less Mika mad if you hadn't gone to that first gig? And did you go by yourself? Were you already on MFC then?

sorry, just got questions running through my head. If you went by yourself I think you're very brave. I would probably go to a Mika gig by myself but I already know MFC'ers on here, so I wouldn't be by myself for long (provided I could find everyone!)

Pretty. I keep forgetting it's summer there, even with people talking about going swimming and having to water the lawns and temperatures above 20 degrees. It looks lovely and cool.

I'm going to Egypt in August and it will be sweltering. I took one dress to Sardinia for a week and I needed two, so I reckon I'll need three for two weeks.

By the way, I'm only watering the lawns because they are brand new turf - one 3 weeks ago, one last Saturday. It isn't a drought or a heatwave, not by a long way.

He was really sweet that night, hard not to warm to him, he is really charming, can't believe he isn't aware of the effect he has:blush-anim-cl:.

Got back to this bit... Do you think he really doesn't know the effect he has? And I'm asking seriously, since you're the one who's talked to him...

I'm going to Egypt in August and it will be sweltering. I took one dress to sardinia for a week and I needed two, so I reckon I'll need three for two weeks.

By the way, I'm only watering the lawns because they are brand new turf - one 3 weeks ago, one last Saturday. It isn't a drought or a heatwave, not by a long way.

Is Egypt a holiday or work or something else? (And where's Sardinia? Sorry to air my complete and utter lack of geographical knowledge in here but I blame being Australian)

Do you think you would be less Mika mad if you hadn't gone to that first gig? And did you go by yourself? Were you already on MFC then?

sorry, just got questions running through my head. If you went by yourself I think you're very brave. I would probably go to a Mika gig by myself but I already know MFC'ers on here, so I wouldn't be by myself for long (provided I could find everyone!)

I guess I would be less Mika mad. Part of the fun is feeling that I was in near the start of the roller coaster ride.

I took my daughter to the one in Leeds so she could make me behave. I met up with Freddie and a few others but they ended up being kept out. We waited in the rain afterwards in the wrong place!

For the Manchester TBA secret gig I went on my own but it's only 12 miles away. I met yuppymunch, bab, and jemma. And kath and Abby. We had a ball.

Then in November I went to Manchester Apollo with people from work; I dragged Joy to Doncaster but I went to Brixton on my own. I knew Em' who had a ticket for me (and a bed for the night) because we'd met in Paris. But she was a MFC friend. I felt quite brave yet giddy with the excitement of it.

I would probably go to a Mika gig by myself but I already know MFC'ers on here, so I wouldn't be by myself for long (provided I could find everyone!)

That's what's so great. We al have this Mika - love in common, so no matter what we're like, it's an instant bond. It's odd for me as I'm not so sociable in RL. But I seem to have developed a new persona and it's great fun.

Rose gave Andy a lift?:shocked: Still not quite up to speed with the night's conversation...

This was back in November. I think Andy needed taking somewhere (s.w.) I don't know how Rose knew but she volunteered.

Is Egypt a holiday or work or something else? (And where's Sardinia? Sorry to air my complete and utter lack of geographical knowledge in here but I blame being Australian)

Egypt is going to be a holiday. I don't know why - I guess it's an empty nest thing - but Rob decided to take the padlocks off the family purse. Before this, we'd look at the price of - say - a meal and however cheap it was, when multiplied by 5 it was a lot, so we've done shoestring holidays for years. camping and caravanning in France. But this year it's Egypt.

And Sardinia? You know how Italy kicks Sicily into the Mediteranean? Well Sardinia is the big island just over Sicily.

Right, gonna have to say good night to you all, my family have all started surfacing and I need to go attend to them. Sweet Dreams Oldlings!

Thanks chickadee. Have a lovely day over there.

~x~