Yelle gig in London, May 21st

sariflor

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Go on, put lipstick on the pig sarcastic_hand.gif

I have to admit, I probably would have gone if I lived anywhere near. Yelle's odd, but catchy, too, and fun... with venues of that size you can hardly do wrong.. and well, the opportunity to spot Mr. Curlz in a public place uncurled and out of his stage role... hm.

I probably wouldn't have had the heart to walk up to them after the gig, I guess for me basking in his mere presence would have done already. Yes, I'm frugal. :roftl:

Nothing against anyone on here but honestly, I'm quite happy it was just the two of them. Imagine, there would have been 50 die hard Mika fans out of 200 people, it would have been scary. And even if they all behaved in a more or less respectful way approaching him, they'd be still... approaching him, if you get what I mean. Nothing against a group of two or three or five people if they have a sense for what's okay and what's enough.

I'm genuinely happy for the two of them :cheerful_h4h: but I also think just a few more people would have sort of spoilt it.

But I'm also surprised it was just them. I thought Yelle would attract more Mika fans. Well, the scenario would definitely have been different if she had had her own gig at the end of February ...muhahaha :bleh:

I was surprised there weren't more people from here at the show, and Babs we missed you.

I think you are right that if too many people had been there, it would have been a bit overwhelming and that wouldn't have been good, as it was Yelle's show after all.

And we weren't sure whether to approach him at all, so it was good that we could ask Andy first, who said it would be fine, although it still took me a while, I sat talking to Andy for ages first before I got the bottle to go to chat to the big guy. And he was totally fine with it, said hi and shook my hand.

The rock and roll penguin :penguin:

Oh yes, totally hardcore, eating cereal and toast in a service station at 1.30 in the morning! Rock and Roll!!

I'm about to pm you.

I was surprised there weren't more people from here at the show, and Babs we missed you.

I think you are right that if too many people had been there, it would have been a bit overwhelming and that wouldn't have been good, as it was Yelle's show after all.

And we weren't sure whether to approach him at all, so it was good that we could ask Andy first, who said it would be fine, although it still took me a while, I sat talking to Andy for ages first before I got the bottle to go to chat to the big guy. And he was totally fine with it, said hi and shook my hand.

Like I said earlier, I really wanted to see you and Sara, but really I felt crap, so what can I do?

I am so glad it worked out for you though!

Yeah. Go on, put lipstick on the pig sarcastic_hand.gif

I have to admit, I probably would have gone if I lived anywhere near. Yelle's odd, but catchy, too, and fun... with venues of that size you can hardly do wrong.. and well, the opportunity to spot Mr. Curlz in a public place uncurled and out of his stage role... hm.

I probably wouldn't have had the heart to walk up to them after the gig, I guess for me basking in his mere presence would have done already. Yes, I'm frugal. :roftl:

Nothing against anyone on here but honestly, I'm quite happy it was just the two of them. Imagine, there would have been 50 die hard Mika fans out of 200 people, it would have been scary. And even if they all behaved in a more or less respectful way approaching him, they'd be still... approaching him, if you get what I mean. Nothing against a group of two or three or five people if they have a sense for what's okay and what's enough.

I'm genuinely happy for the two of them :cheerful_h4h: but I also think just a few more people would have sort of spoilt it.

But I'm also surprised it was just them. I thought Yelle would attract more Mika fans. Well, the scenario would definitely have been different if she had had her own gig at the end of February ...muhahaha :bleh:

I really agree with you there!

And in addition, we can calmly rely on that those two are good represents for the whole MFC.:thumb_yello:

But if you think about it, what are the chances to walk into each other in a big city like London? Strange and so funny!:wink2:

Like I said earlier, I really wanted to see you and Sara, but really I felt crap, so what can I do?

I am so glad it worked out for you though!

I know I said I felt crap, but your signature isn't aimed at me is it? Death on two legs? :naughty:

Oh, Babs!:wub2:

Better days are coming, I know it, it has to!

Just hang on to the rollercoaster that is life!

Some wise person said like a profound saying:

Always be sure that this is going to change!

But at the time I heard it for the first time I didn't believe her at all, but time has show me that there is some kind of true in it.:wink2:

I have had times when this saying has been the lifeline to hold on to and times when I really didn't want anything to change, but it did anyway!:naughty:

I really agree with you there!

And in addition, we can calmly rely on that those two are good represents for the whole MFC.:thumb_yello:

But if you think about it, what are the chances to walk into each other in a big city like London? Strange and so funny!:wink2:

Agreed. :thumb_yello:

But so sorry for you Babs and how you're not feeling so great.

god I hope he doesn't go looking on the Oldlings thread:-0

:shocked: What have you been doing in there, Rose?! LOL!

As Sara also said, we hung out with Mika and Andy after the show. I said hello to Andy before the start, when Mika had wondered off somewhere, I didn't really want to bother him too much. But Andy said to come and say hello after the show, so I went to talk to Andy first and he said Mika wanted to say hello, so I went over to say hi and ended up sitting talking to him for ages. He was really sweet the whole time, even when I wouldn't tell him what the new costume would be, but I think he's now a bit nervous as I said to him "you want big, you're getting big"LOL!

And if Mika can't get it out of me, you guys have NO chance.Ha ha ha!

My curiosity is SO piqued now! :blink:

But how lovely that you had such a nice long chat -- it is, as someone

else said, the kind of thing you wish to happen, but it never does!

The Luck of the Penguin, I guess :naughty:

dcdeb

The Luck of the Penguin, I guess :naughty:

And Sara too! If she invites you to a gig, do not refuse and stick by her side all night.

I should have known Luke was not going to come to Ross Copperman when Sara cancelled on us. :sneaky2:

And Sara too! If she invites you to a gig, do not refuse and stick by her side all night.

I should have known Luke was not going to come to Ross Copperman when Sara cancelled on us. :sneaky2:

Maybe the Wiz has dusted her in magic powder!?:roftl:

i've read through all the thread here and the novellos one...oh dear...my heart is bumping fast! :wub2:

thanks sara and rose for going, thanks for meeting him, thanks for asking him permission and finally thanks for reporting! :blush-anim-cl:

any appearance of the big M is an emotion, yes i feel a bit jealous, but i'm also happy he met YOU, two lovely and reliable fans....aren't you so? :naughty:

the news about MFC are not news...they are confirmations! thanks mika....

ok then.....

*takes note

- go and change nationality

- move to london*

:naughty:

Arg! :boxed: Too much to quote again!

In any case, many thanks to everyone's "happy" comments, they are much appreciated!

It was a great dose of luck of course that they went, and also the fact that there were only 2 of us (I don't think my BF counts, even though he did offer to go and buy Mika a drink and then the M got one from his friend, lol!).

As someone said, and I obviously don't mean this in a bad way, the fact that we were such a small group kind of guaranteed the fact that it could happen.

He did seem quite shy in the place, and at one point a group of people recognised him and went to ask for a picture with him and I think that after that he was a bit relieved that we were not in such a large group or asking for those things then:roftl:.

Haha! We did have good nights, didn't we? Aaaaah Toronto...and Hammersmith with the snow:wub2:.

Not like you did too badly when you went off to the front center for the last Brixton though, huh?

About the Ross thing, I actually really wanted to go that night...But that time, I was the sick one.Sigh.

Maybe the Wiz has dusted her in magic powder!?:roftl:

Maybe I took his methods (cancelling away). Ok, just kidding!:roftl:.

i've read through all the thread here and the novellos one...oh dear...my heart is bumping fast!

thanks sara and rose for going, thanks for meeting him, thanks for asking him permission and finally thanks for reporting!

any appearance of the big M is an emotion, yes i feel a bit jealous, but i'm also happy he met YOU, two lovely and reliable fans....aren't you so?

the news about MFC are not news...they are confirmations! thanks mika....

ok then.....

*takes note

- go and change nationality

- move to london*

Thanks Robi!

But you do know that you can move to London and live here without changing your nationality? It's the EU girl!:thumb_yello:

In any case, many thanks to everyone's "happy" comments, they are much appreciated!

It was a great dose of luck of course that they went, and also the fact that there were only 2 of us (I don't think my BF counts, even though he did offer to go and buy Mika a drink and then the M got one from his friend, lol!).

As someone said, and I obviously don't mean this in a bad way, the fact that we were such a small group kind of guaranteed the fact that it could happen.

He did seem quite shy in the place, and at one point a group of people recognised him and went to ask for a picture with him and I think that after that he was a bit relieved that we were not in such a large group or asking for those things then:roftl:.

Haha! We did have good nights, didn't we? Aaaaah Toronto...and Hammersmith with the snow:wub2:.

Not like you did too badly when you went off to the front center for the last Brixton though, huh?

About the Ross thing, I actually really wanted to go that night...But that time, I was the sick one.Sigh.

Thanks Robi!

But you do know that you can move to London and live here without changing your nationality? It's the EU girl!:thumb_yello:

I am going to LONDON next year for vacation at another London MIKA concert. I WILL BE THERE! I HAVE A FREE PLACE TO STAY IN CAMBRIDGE!'

Thanks Robi!

if you were italian NOW, you would want to change it too....trust me!:roftl:

Sara and Rose, I'm sooooo happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!

Sara, I can't say this in any other language (sorry everyone): ¡¡¡pedorris, qué suerte, condená!!! Mírame, estoy verde de envidia (pero sana, sana:naughty:). I'm soooooooo glad, like I had met them myself!!!!!!! I'd have loved to go to the gig, I kinda like Yelle since Barcelona, but living in Madrid is sometimes hard... :thumbdown:

HOLY CRAP!!! I think I'm just so excited for the two of you Sara and Rose that it hadn't even occurred to me (yet) to be jealous. If it wasn't 2:15 in the morning here I'd probably be dancing through the house and shrieking. Gosh, I sound seriously disturbed lol! And I can't believe you're so calm about it. Well, you sound calm anyway. It's gonna take a while to wipe the grin off my face and I wasn't even the one there!

I'm wearing an even bigger grin now that I just heard the news that Mika won Songwriter of the Year!!! GO MIKA!!!

HOLY CRAP!!! I think I'm just so excited for the two of you Sara and Rose that it hadn't even occurred to me (yet) to be jealous. If it wasn't 2:15 in the morning here I'd probably be dancing through the house and shrieking. Gosh, I sound seriously disturbed lol! And I can't believe you're so calm about it. Well, you sound calm anyway. It's gonna take a while to wipe the grin off my face and I wasn't even the one there!

I'm wearing an even bigger grin now that I just heard the news that Mika won Songwriter of the Year!!! GO MIKA!!!

Yes that's the way I feel too!:thumb_yello:

Couldn't be better!:punk: