Yelle gig in London, May 21st

sariflor

Girls, that is really great, and it's great that you kind of representated MFC, in the best possible way :thumb_yello: And Sara, you have 6th sense! I mean, you knew you should move to London, and than what gig to go!:kaf::biggrin2:

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really agree with you there!

And in addition, we can calmly rely on that those two are good represents for the whole MFC.:thumb_yello:

But if you think about it, what are the chances to walk into each other in a big city like London? Strange and so funny!:wink2:

Well that's exactly what I was thinking! :thumb_yello:

Rose and Sara, that must have been a wonderful evening! Like bumping into some old friends at a random gig, having a chat, a beer... I am really happy for you! :thumb_yello:

Yelle was great, although they started quite late (just after 10) and the support before that was ATROCIOUS!! But she was fantastic. And I mean FANTASTIC.

Full of energy, she did quite a few songs, some I had not heard before, and the usual ones.

She was great and the crowd loved her. There were around 200 people I would say, maximum...maybe less.It was a very small venue.

The funny bit was when she had just started, and Rose says to me: "there's Andy". So I look.....and I say to her "And next to him is Mika". They were there with some other friends.

We let them do their thing during the gig and did ours, though Rose said a quick hi to Andy, but we really didn't want to appear stalkerish or anything, so we *ignored* them. I must add, quite well I think! We didn't even look at them.

Well, hardly. They were both enjoying the gig a lot, and Mika seems to have taken a leaf out of Andy's book when it comes to dancing to Yelle's music, as he was doing this really "crazy" dance. Very cute.

Anyway so after the gig was done, we were sitting around, and the place became quite empty. We took the chance to go and say hi, and I'm not sure how, but we ended up sitting next to the M and having a nice little chat with him for quite a bit.

It was really nice. I said that I was planning on not saying that we'd seen him (thinking that it was him out on his own time, so maybe he wasn't expecting to be "seen") but he said that it was ok to say.

We chatted about many things, and he was trying to convince us quite a bit that we should go to the Paris show.

Oh and we spoke about MFC and how things should start changing and moving "soon". Not quite sure on top of what we were talking about here, but he said what we already knew (that "we" are already official).

In short, it was fantastic to chat to him in such a normal relaxed situation. Oh, and I asked about the Novellos and "of course" he will go tomorrow. Hahaha! He didn't seem to consider it a possibility not to go.

this si bloody great!! :punk: I'm not a fan of yelle. she's nice and kind and probably a lovely girl, but never been a fan of electro pop, sorry. no offence taken. :wink2: though i did expect our boy to show up there since he seems to really like her. how cool you bumped into the two of them (m & a) and yes, I'm jealous :thumb_yello:

and no need to convince to go to the paris show: am already going!

ME!! well I wish I lived in london first of all

join the club, pls..

Our names we use on here.

He even asked me to spell mine out, god I hope he doesn't go looking on the Oldlings thread

Back to the beginning again, the support act was, to say the least, different!

I know some people like to experiment in, shall we say expressive music. But there is expressive and downright terrifying! I haven't heard a guy scream like that in a very long time.

At one point we had to go back into the bar area, as we couldn't heard ourselves talk.

I really was trying to find something nice about it, but failed miserably.

The venue is very interesting, it's an old stables and the bar area is where the stalls for the horses would have been, so they have been turned into small rooms for different things, one being a green room/dressing room for the bands, which tonight is where Yelle and he band hung out in, before the show.

Yelle's show was fantasic, I love her energy and the audience really responded to it tonight. As Sara said, she did all the songs we know as well as some new ones. At the end no one wanted her to leave, and she must have done 3 encores, before finally escaping, bless her.

As Sara also said, we hung out with Mika and Andy after the show. I said hello to Andy before the start, when Mika had wondered off somewhere, I didn't really want to bother him too much. But Andy said to come and say hello after the show, so I went to talk to Andy first and he said Mika wanted to say hello, so I went over to say hi and ended up sitting talking to him for ages. He was really sweet the whole time, even when I wouldn't tell him what the new costume would be, but I think he's now a bit nervous as I said to him "you want big, you're getting big"LOL!

And if Mika can't get it out of me, you guys have NO chance.Ha ha ha!

I'm SO pleased, rose! I really am!!! :punk: whoooohooooooo

if you were italian NOW, you would want to change it too....trust me!

that cracked me up no end!!! :punk::roftl::naughty:

ME!! well I wish I lived in london first of all
join the club, pls..

*joined ages ago*

I was in London last weekend - oh how I wished I could stay... :blush-anim-cl: London really seems the place to be these days...

Girls, that is really great, and it's great that you kind of representated MFC, in the best possible way :thumb_yello: And Sara, you have 6th sense! I mean, you knew you should move to London, and than what gig to go!

Thanks! We did our best to give a good impression, haha!

Nah to be honest it was all just very easy, as it was very "natural" and normal, like chatting to some normal random person, which he is obviously (well, not random but normal. In a very talented and beautiful way of course:roftl:)

HOLY CRAP!!! I think I'm just so excited for the two of you Sara and Rose that it hadn't even occurred to me (yet) to be jealous. If it wasn't 2:15 in the morning here I'd probably be dancing through the house and shrieking. Gosh, I sound seriously disturbed lol! And I can't believe you're so calm about it. Well, you sound calm anyway. It's gonna take a while to wipe the grin off my face and I wasn't even the one there!

I'm wearing an even bigger grin now that I just heard the news that Mika won Songwriter of the Year!!! GO MIKA!!!

YES!! I AM SOOO HAPPY THAT HE WON!!! Way to go Mikaaaaaa!! He was soo excited about it!!

And when we said "good luck tomorrow" he was like "hmm, thanks" but looking like "I hope, but I don't dare to hope". Sweet.

Well that's exactly what I was thinking!

Rose and Sara, that must have been a wonderful evening! Like bumping into some old friends at a random gig, having a chat, a beer... I am really happy for you!

Minus the beer (neither of us were drinking) it was just like that:naughty:

this si bloody great!!

I'm not a fan of yelle. she's nice and kind and probably a lovely girl, but never been a fan of electro pop, sorry. no offence taken.

though i did expect our boy to show up there since he seems to really like her. how cool you bumped into the two of them (m & a) and yes, I'm jealous

and no need to convince to go to the paris show: am already going!

I am not keen on electro pop either, but I find Yelle really great. She just has this vibe, and freshness...she's fun...everything!

My bf and Rose were making fun of me cause I got so excited when she came into the little "stable" thingie next to us and I kept looking and thinking of going to say hi:naughty:.

And Paris....Mika is so excited about taht gig, and all the fantasticness that he'll have in it, and the fact that he was so eager to try and convince us to go..........I CAN'T BELIEVE I AM CONSIDERING IT!!!

I CAN'T! SHOULD NOT!!!:roftl:

And Paris....Mika is so excited about taht gig, and all the fantasticness that he'll have in it, and the fact that he was so eager to try and convince us to go..........I CAN'T BELIEVE I AM CONSIDERING IT!!!

Don't let the man with the curly hair trick you Sara, be strong!! :naughty:

did he spill something about the fantasticness, by any chance....? :naughty:

i also believe he'll "use" this new type of gig (I mean festival size, but his own gig) to experiment smt for his new tour/album. I may be wrong but I have been thinking this for quite a while and have already said it here also.

now it's the two of us ( M and me) who are getting excited about this gig.. :sneaky2: and a good thousand(s) of others either.. :naughty::thumb_yello:

I can :naughty:

thanks Sara & Rose for the report of your fantastic night!:thumb_yello:

glad that Yelle was great - really please for you both that you got to chat with Mika & Andy :thumb_yello: as others have said just a tad jealous!:roftl:

& again as others have said thank you for representing the MFC in a great manner :thumb_yello: i'm just really pleased for both of you :thumb_yello:

Sara, Mika seems to like the Ting Tings too, you keen on them? Planning on seeing them anytime soon?

They were performing tonight, but I had noone to go with :no:

I really don't know, I never took the time to listen to them, but I will gladly go to their gig with you ...some other time, LOL, we're a bit late for tonight...Oh and Rose likes them as well, so maybe we can be the fantastic trio:roftl:.

You can count on me to go to gigs, I tend to often be in the same situation as I like artists who others don't always like, so we can be gig companions.

Just give me a normal notice, not a retroactive one, I still haven't mastered the time travel thingie yet:roftl:.

Don't let the man with the curly hair trick you Sara, be strong!!

Too late I am afraid..I was looking at prices as we speak. Looking is not the same as "doing", right?:naughty:

did he spill something about the fantasticness, by any chance....? :naughty:

i also believe he'll "use" this new type of gig (I mean festival size, but his own gig) to experiment smt for his new tour/album. I may be wrong but I have been thinking this for quite a while and have already said it here also.

now it's the two of us ( M and me) who are getting excited about this gig.. and a good thousand(s) of others either..

He said a few things :bleh:. It will be great!!

He's very excited so I suppose that's a good sign.

Even I am now, dammit!! After everything I said. Grrrr...:sneaky2:

Too late I am afraid..I was looking at prices as we speak. Looking is not the same as "doing", right?:naughty:

Where have I heard that before?! ... And when?

Ahhh I remember, it was you - in January :bleh::punk:

What did he do to you? Do you think clapping hands may help?

I really don't know, I never took the time to listen to them, but I will gladly go to their gig with you ...some other time, LOL, we're a bit late for tonight...Oh and Rose likes them as well, so maybe we can be the fantastic trio:roftl:.

[/color]

Great! So it's a date :naughty: I think we could still make it for the last few minutes? Just kidding :naughty: But next time I find out when they're performing in London *goes check facebook* they're doing an american tour, so may be a while. Or the three musketeers :naughty:.

Also, when I went to to see SFG I read that Tegan and Sara are performing at Shephard's Bush in June.. :fisch::naughty:

'Looking' is basically 'doing'. Looks like we can't help you out anymore, there's only one thing I can say to you then, and listen wisely.. enjoy yourself! :naughty: Is Rose going too? Was she going in the first place or is she being easily persuaded by the big bully who goes by the name of mika?

Oh Sariflor, I can't even believe you asked me if I was going to this gig and I said no. That was another encounter I missed! Grrrr! But I'm totally happy that you and Rose had a chance to casually talk to him as a human being, and not MIKA the popstar. Really, I'm happy for you, under all the jealousy :roftl:

Where have I heard that before?! ... And when?

Ahhh I remember, it was you - in January :bleh:

What did he do to you? Do you think clapping hands may help?

Hmmmpf... I admit it! I must be easy to convince...I blame my genes:roftl:

But next time I find out when they're performing in London *goes check facebook* they're doing an american tour, so may be a while. Or the three musketeers .

Also, when I went to to see SFG I read that Tegan and Sara are performing at Shephard's Bush in June.. :fisch:

I'd actually quite like to! when is it?

I hate to quash your hopes though but I can't see the M going to see them AGAIN after doing it so recently, LOL!

'Looking' is basically 'doing'. Looks like we can't help you out anymore, there's only one thing I can say to you then, and listen wisely.. enjoy yourself! :naughty: Is Rose going too? Was she going in the first place or is she being easily persuaded by the big bully who goes by the name of mika?

You wanna come as well?:naughty: Rose was also keen, but no cash, same as me really...But we'll see!

Who knows how things can pan out, he! The way things turn out can be quite surprising, so from here to July...a lot can happen.

Oh Sariflor, I can't even believe you asked me if I was going to this gig and I said no. That was another encounter I missed! Grrrr! But I'm totally happy that you and Rose had a chance to casually talk to him as a human being, and not MIKA the popstar. Really, I'm happy for you, under all the jealousy :roftl:

I can't believe it either! I tried with all you lot but only Rose went...and the rest is history:bleh: