Yelle gig in London, May 21st

sariflor

My workmate just went to Paris in the car no problem and quite cheap too. To be honest I just didn't think of it. I might drive next time if there is one.

she was very lucky then :naughty:

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you taking the Eurostar in July?

We are, I fancied the Eurostar because I have never taken it before, but it's quite expensive compared to flights and the ferry.

As I said my workmate went to Paris about three weeks ago, on short notice and they drove, it was much cheaper.

We are, I fancied the Eurostar because I have never taken it before, but it's quite expensive compared to flights and the ferry.

As I said my workmate went to Paris about three weeks ago, on short notice and they drove, it was much cheaper.

I would much prefer the Eurostar to driving, but that's in part due to the convenience of living in central London. If you have to travel far to get to the Eurostar it may not be as worthwhile.

You'll enjoy it though! :thumb_yello:

I would much prefer the Eurostar to driving, but that's in part due to the convenience of living in central London. If you have to travel far to get to the Eurostar it may not be as worthwhile.

You'll enjoy it though! :thumb_yello:

Oh not far, about 20mins to the tube, then direct to St Pancras, but you know how I like my car!

Oh not far, about 20mins to the tube, then direct to St Pancras, but you know how I like my car!

Yes, the car is quite handy on late nights! And you know the streets so well. For me driving on the left and changing gears with my left hand was enough to contend with. Trying to navigate London roads was a bit much and I'm really not that familiar with the rules of the road in the UK and using roundabouts, etc. I drove around Reading a bit though.

Yes, the car is quite handy on late nights! And you know the streets so well. For me driving on the left and changing gears with my left hand was enough to contend with. Trying to navigate London roads was a bit much and I'm really not that familiar with the rules of the road in the UK and using roundabouts, etc. I drove around Reading a bit though.

Yeah, we are thinking of hiring a car from Paris to Arras, but as you say we will not only be driving on the wrong side of the road, but be sitting in the wrong seat as well!:naughty:

For me driving on the left and changing gears with my left hand was enough to contend with. Trying to navigate London roads was a bit much and I'm really not that familiar with the rules of the road in the UK and using roundabouts, etc.

After driving in Spain for many years (on the right hand side), when I got a car in Dublin I thought that I was going to DIE. The first time I drove, I kept banging my right hand against the car door (trying to go for the gearstick:roftl:) and seriously, I had sooo many near-crashes that day!

But after that first little glitch, I never looked back. Till this date, I still prefer driving on the left, cause I find it a lot easier to control the wheel with my right hand and change gears with the left:thumb_yello:.

I do avoid central london though, as I find it a bit stressful...I drove to work for a few years but I avoided the center so that was quite nice. Although the jams are not that nice...

Well I'm too young to die, and I love my van way too much to want anyone to trash it, so they'll be no driving to Paris for me.

I'll drive your van if you like:naughty:

sariflor and rose...

did you think of asking him about other gigs planned?

I forgot to ask or say most of what I would have liked to:roftl:. So no...

(oh, and driving in Paris is not much recommended anyway)

Was it not Rome?

Wouldn't it be just faaabby if he's do all this promotion and cancel?

:naughty:Oooooh that would be hilarious!!!

We'll quietly escape while the mob is pestering the M after the show

That sounds like a plan. There will be quite a mob, so you'll have tons of time to execute the operation.

Yeah, we are thinking of hiring a car from Paris to Arras, but as you say we will not only be driving on the wrong side of the road, but be sitting in the wrong seat as well!

Well, it would be kinda hard to drive a french car sitting on the right hand side seat:roftl: Unless you have extensible arms and legs...and do some super-hard-chore yogic positions!

the problem in Rome is if you haven't a big car..there's the law of the jungle there..Suv eats motorcycler eats cyclist eats pedestrian:roftl: and nobody respect any street rule :yay:

sounds just like heaven:roftl::roftl:

[Well, it would be kinda hard to drive a french car sitting on the right hand side seat:roftl: Unless you have extensible arms and legs...and do some super-hard-chore yogic positions!

Maybe I could get some lessons from a yoga master? :naughty:

:naughty:Oooooh that would be hilarious!!!

NOPE, a cancellation is out of question... :ap_rosetinted:

Paris, Rome... all the same... *runs*

well, paris is messy enough as far as about traffic, that's sure.. :blink: they drive very fast.

in rome, it's more like.. chaos.:naughty: but the worse I have seen was elsewhere.

still, driving in paris can be a challenge, if you are used to drive on the wrong side of the road.. :fisch:

so, will we have puppy eyes on stage in paris with some tricks up his sleeve..? :wink2:

Oh, there we have one thing in common!

I'm practically married to mine.:roftl:

the problem in Rome is if you haven't a big car..there's the law of the jungle there..Suv eats motorcycler eats cyclist eats pedestrian:roftl: and nobody respect any street rule :yay:

Sounds like a challenge, I have a suv and it would love to eat some smaller vehicles!:naughty:

Curse living in Japan.:annoyed_h4h: I'm moving to London:ap_rosetinted:
ohh i wish i lived in london, why oh why am i born in boring holland
ok then.....

*takes note

- go and change nationality

- move to london*

:naughty:

Mkay! Let's all ditch whatever boring towns we live in, and move to London. We can be room mates, and eat lots of fish and chips. :naughty:

Thanks! We did our best to give a good impression, haha!

And it's appreciated! It makes me (and I should think, all the other moddy types) feel warm and fuzzy when someone does a good job representin'. :roftl:

Mika is so excited about taht gig, and all the fantasticness that he'll have in it, and the fact that he was so eager to try and convince us to go..........I CAN'T BELIEVE I AM CONSIDERING IT!!!

I CAN'T! SHOULD NOT!!!:roftl:

The man himself extended a personal invite - you gotta go! As Mika would say - "why not?" :naughty:

Besides, if he whips out something awesome for that show and you're not there, you'll SO be kicking yourself.

hey everyone! LOL im kinda late but i guess u guys went to see YELLE and saw mika there? thats :mf_rosetinted:

:D

im so behind.... ill try coming in here more ;)

hmm now that i think of it i had a dream last night about MIKA .... hmmm we met and it was casual.... talked and laughed... hmmm interesting LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe how lucky you've been! My max is seeing one member of Le Vibrazioni (an italian pop band) three times, one of which at the first Mika gig here in Italy. Cool, uh? :boxed:

• 5 months later...

I just stumbled upon these cool little vids of the Yelle gig that Rose and I went to in May.

It shows a very nice side of her, a nd they even ask her about Mika during one of the interviews, lol!!

How funny cause this was before the gig, so if they had done it after,they could have even chatted to him as well :roftl:.

Aaaah memories :wub2: of that amazing night.....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XonJPJpiyUw

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9NWnLfOj9Do

I always enjoyed her as a support act, much more than Palladium in fact (I am SO gonna be killed bnow by all the keen Palladiumers):roftl:

How can anyone not like Palladium?!

The Londoners have no idea how lucky they are sometimes!:cool:

Yeah, better watch behind your back!:roftl:

I saw them for the first time at Hammersmith in February and if I wasn't such a polite person I would say something witty about them!:naughty:

You too, Sienna?!

I'm always ready to stand up for my boys! :mf_rosetinted: I genuinely think that they beat Mika in Hammersmith. I was proud to help them with the email addresses there. And they were very grateful when I went to see them in Leicester in May, a few days earlier than Sara and Rose saw Yelle, Mika and Andy. Peter mentioned me during their gig! And I met him for the first time after it. :naughty: Aww... I hope things will work out for them and I'll see them again next year. :tears:

Edited by Marianne84

How can anyone not like Palladium?!

You too, Sienna?!

I'm always ready to stand up for my boys! :mf_rosetinted: I genuinely think that they beat Mika in Hammersmith. I was proud to help them with the email addresses there. And they were very grateful when I went to see them in Leicester in May, a few days earlier than Sara and Rose saw Yelle, Mika and Andy. Peter mentioned me during their gig! And I met him for the first time after it. :naughty: Aww... I hope things will work out for them and I'll see them again next year. :tears:

Well, it's not that I dislike them, Marianne. To be honest I don't find them bad at all, it's just that I don't love them, and I prefered other support acts that Mika had, thats all :wink2:.

I also agree that Mika wasn't great at Hammersmith at all, and certainly his performance then wasn't comparable to the second Brixton one on the 28th where he TOTALLY gave it all and enchanted me, so yes, the balance at Hammersmith probably tipped more towards the Palladium lads than Mika.

Having said that about not loving them, I do really feel for them (and you gals!!) after reading their blog. It's just not cool at all, poor guys!!! I also hope that things get better for them, and that you continue your amazing SuperFan journey with them :thumb_yello:.

Ah I see. :) I think the Palladium guys are fine... Well, Palladium doesn't really exist anymore, they no longer "function" as it, but they have exciting plans for the future. I just got a private MySpace message today from one of them who admitted that they have been rubbish during this fall. :naughty: Very apologetic for being distant. :thumb_yello: I have forgiven them. :wub2:

As for Yelle... She was fun at the two Mika gigs I saw her, but I don't think I'd go to see a full concert... even though I might spot Mika and Andy. I'm glad you enjoyed her though.

Edited by Marianne84