The Australian Thread: Part Thirteen

Morning all !! Especially Silv. ..... :wink2: Yeeeeeessss .... i know, I'm awake ..... pffftt ... I'm writing a press release which has to be in asap .... anyway .... hi & bye ... :huglove::bye:

I was just lurking :das:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Soo tired tonight ... didn't sleep much last night :hypo: ... HK's insomnia must be infectious ... must find photo :sleep_1:

:sleep_1:

:shocked: Just resting my eyes!

ZoMg!!?????!! :shocked:Lyk YhoOo kn suhvyv 60seks in spayse???!!!!!???ZomG!!!!???!!:shocked:

YUH ITT DUZ

That's exactly how many 13 year olds type, it's scary.

EDIT: oh, wait, you're 14 - so you fall in the same age group. :bleh:

I don't think the 'z' stands for anything, it's just used to exaggerate the term i.e. "zomg" is a stronger and more teeny-bopper-y form of "omg".

Oh!

:blink:

:bleh:

:thumb_yello:

:naughty:

I wonder where it started and why "Z" of all things...

I seem to be here more when I should be here least. I'm avoiding Microbiology.

I think that was the only unit I didn't buy the textbook for (for some strange reason), but I managed to pass... I really don't remember much of it at all and cos my lecturer was Scottish there were certain words I learned that I can't pronounce unless I say them with a Scottish accent.

Strepticocci was the worst. I can't even work out how to spell how he pronounced it!

Evenink...no MQ today (or dramatic entrance for that matter...*checks to see that Tan isn't watching*)

BUT I could survive for 54 seconds in the vacuum of space, and my body can feed 7 cannibals for lunch.

And to any Coldplay lovers/likers/haters, even, go and give their new album a listen on Myspace. It's a lot different from their previous stuff but I LOOOOOVE it.:wub2:

I've been hearing a bit about Coldplay recently.. I will go do that now :wink2:

Heya everyone.. :punk:

Slvr, U crcks me up wif ur "I haz pctr" :lmfao:

But there's something appealing about a man with his hands tied behind his back.

Oh, listen, I was wondering if someone can help me with some scuttlebut...

Perhaps with a pm or something...

What happened way back in March, when I was off the forum, with people being banned? Who was it and why did it happen?

This whole thread closing thing has brought it up again in my brain and I remembered I never got around to asking earlier... and I've kind of gotten the impression that i shouldn't be asking and that it's one of those unpleasant periods in recent MFC history that should just be glossed over and forgotten...

Oh, listen, I was wondering if someone can help me with some scuttlebut...

Perhaps with a pm or something...

What happened way back in March, when I was off the forum, with people being banned? Who was it and why did it happen?

This whole thread closing thing has brought it up again in my brain and I remembered I never got around to asking earlier... and I've kind of gotten the impression that i shouldn't be asking and that it's one of those unpleasant periods in recent MFC history that should just be glossed over and forgotten...

Should never be glossed over. It was to do with the Afterparty.. There's an explanation on AMF about it.

*finds*

All that banning stuff was really weird and I don't even know the full story to it.. I've gathered that certain members were banned unfairly (Yop, Kata, Cynthia and Pink). I wouldn't go so far to say they were behaving like angels though. But rather, they stated opinions about the After (so-called) Party, people didn't like it because it wasn't all happy and bright (But it was the truth) and it all catapulted out of control..

There were alot of hurt feelings involved in it.. That's my interpretaashunn.. but I may be wrong..

Pink's was a different story, she was banned for refusing to stop swearing in Dutch (but correct me if I'm wrong). Kata, Yop and Cynthia were banned after their "Drama Goodbye" thread posts and a "pattern of behaviour".

I know what *I* would do...Push him over! Neener neener neener...

:roftl:

Should never be glossed over. It was to do with the Afterparty.. There's an explanation on AMF about it.

*finds*

I think I knew about Pink's swearing, cos that was continuing on while I still had internet access and I remember niki saying to her effectively "hello!! There ARE people on here who can read Dutch you know". (think it was niki) but I missed most of the afterparty stuff and although I tried to read through the thread once I got back on here, I only got halfway, got interrupted and kind of lost the plot and then thought "I can't be bothered". So I don't know what the "Drama Good bye" posts actually means.

Yes there was a thread started called "Goodbye Drama" where (from memory) they were posting that they were going to leave rather than put up with what was going on. And one of the Mods wrote that they'd help them with that. And then they were banned.

I might be wrong on the finer details. Someone will correct me.

But, I don't think there's anything to worry about now. I don't think OD or Petra etc will get banned for questioning why a thread was closed. It would be stupid if they did.

Banning, IMO, needs to only be done as a last resort. Same goes for closing threads.

It's interpreted as a very final "We don't do that here" statement.

Yes there was a thread started called "Goodbye Drama" where (from memory) they were posting that they were going to leave rather than put up with what was going on. And one of the Mods wrote that they'd help them with that. And then they were banned.

I might be wrong on the finer details. Someone will correct me.

But, I don't think there's anything to worry about now. I don't think OD or Petra etc will get banned for questioning why a thread was closed. It would be stupid if they did.

Banning, IMO, needs to only be done as a last resort. Same goes for closing threads.

It's interpreted as a very final "We don't do that here" statement.

I'm not worried, but was suprised, a little alarmed, and disappointed when I got back and heard it had been happening but in the overall rush of trying to catch up with everything in Mikaland, it got pushed to the back of my brain... I think it's cos of who it happened to that I got curious.

On a completely different note, I saw a link you posted in a thread about myspace profile trackers... do they work?