Mika admits he's a fruit

racha

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely he's a banana, on account of how bendy he is!LOL!

I love it when he messes wih the press, he knows exactly how to play them. He has a wicked sense of humour, heh heh.

Not my kind of journalism... but I thought some of you might be interested... trashy, but has a funny side

http://www.teletext.co.uk/entertainment/showbiz-spy/93d8517449ff81e50e5c

Mika admits he's a fruit

Showbiz-Spy-logo_purple.jpg

At the Novellos I asked Mika what kind of fruit he'd be. Well, it's one way to start a conversation.

"Oh, I am a fruit already," he said cheekily.

A shock coming from someone notoriously ambivalent about his sexuality. Then he explained: "Well, in Japan a fruit is someone who is more extravagant than the norm. So, hey, I'm a fruit."

The link aint working for me:thumbdown:

Well I have never heard fruit used in that context in Japan:roftl::roftl:

But there is a magazine called Fruits that he might have meant...

http://www.powerhousemuseum.com/exhibitions/fruits.asp

You haven't? :roftl: I am sure he meant it like that magazine. Some of my Japanophile friends, when they were in the first year of college, used to have a "fruits day," where they'd dress up something like that. In the English-speaking Japanophile community, you can use "fruit" to refer to, as he says, dressing in a colorful, out-of-the-ordinary way.

--Jack

You haven't? :roftl: I am sure he meant it like that magazine. Some of my Japanophile friends, when they were in the first year of college, used to have a "fruits day," where they'd dress up something like that. In the English-speaking Japanophile community, you can use "fruit" to refer to, as he says, dressing in a colorful, out-of-the-ordinary way.

--Jack

Mystery solved. :wink2:

Mystery solved. :wink2:

Now I'd just like Mika to stop "informing" me of stuff I already know, or that my friends like, several years after I first come across it. :naughty:

Next article: Mika reveals some other "unusual interests" that I recall myself or a friend being into in 2004!

--Jack

Thanks Jack for the info. oh wel,l that explains it then... he didn't mean to tease the media

:wink2:

he is just simply a "fruit" in the English-speaking Japanophile way... :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl:

Oh, haha, I'm sure he meant to tease as well... when isn't he up for a little teasing? :wink2:

--Jack

Now I'd just like Mika to stop "informing" me of stuff I already know, or that my friends like, several years after I first come across it. :naughty:

Next article: Mika reveals some other "unusual interests" that I recall myself or a friend being into in 2004!

--Jack

Well he likes to think he is cutting edge, shall we just indulge him?

Well he likes to think he is cutting edge, shall we just indulge him?

Oh yes, let's. :biggrin2: "Why Mika, Japan, what's that? You're so quirky and ahead of the curve being interested in Japan!" :ap_rosetinted:

Tease the media??? Mika? confuse his innocent fans?

Indeed, neeeever. Next he'll start saying he's a fairy--but you know, he means magical and colorful, not anything else! :kaf:

--Jack

Fancy dress for MFCers on the next tour. Can you imagine a queue looking like this? :naughty:

4.jpg

Lovely!:roftl:

Why not?:naughty:

--Jack

Don't be to hard on him please, you are young, he is young, you are just moving around in the same circles!:naughty:

Don't be to hard on him please, you are young, he is young, you are just moving around in the same circles!:naughty:

Aww, bless, I'm joking. :blush-anim-cl: I know he's not trying to claim his interests are totally new; he's just talking about stuff he likes and his interviewers often happen to have no idea what it is. It's just funny/weird to me to hear him talk about it. In truth, I don't generally expect the musicians or pop stars I like to know about this stuff, let alone be into it. (Most pop stars are terribly boringly mainstream, aren't they? And this is so geeky.) I see this kind of thing as being the property of my friends and fellow online dorks, so I give him a hard time about it. :bleh:

--Jack