Photography!

Oh well, that's a shame. :(

If you passed or not? Are you kidding me? Your photos are amazing. :thumb_yello:

Oh well tough luck for them! :aah:

Aw thanks! I finished my last shot last night. Tonight I went to school at 6pm with 0 prints and left at 1am with 20 out of the 27. I can totally fix and print 7 more tomorrow then burn my DVD of photos Wednesday during our burning class and pass it in at 5 and be done!

The light at the end of the tunnel is near and it's NOT a train! :naughty:

(not my image, found on photobucket)

QuitaqueTexasSouthLightAtEndOfRailr.jpg

Oh well tough luck for them! :aah:

Aw thanks! I finished my last shot last night. Tonight I went to school at 6pm with 0 prints and left at 1am with 20 out of the 27. I can totally fix and print 7 more tomorrow then burn my DVD of photos Wednesday during our burning class and pass it in at 5 and be done!

The light at the end of the tunnel is near and it's NOT a train! :naughty:

(not my image, found on photobucket)

QuitaqueTexasSouthLightAtEndOfRailr.jpg

LOVE IT!

The light at the end of the tunnel!

LOVE IT!

The light at the end of the tunnel!

I sure can see it, it's shining so bright right now... so bright I can't sleep! :biggrin2:

I am pretty much DONE! I only need to print out my CD cover, burn the dvd during our class made for burning them, throw the files into an online drop box, put my photos in the order I want and pass it in at 5! :woot_jump:

After tomorrow I'm going to be passed out for a week. :naughty:

:jawdrop:I'M DONE!!!!!!!:jawdrop:

I stopped working at 1am since the school closed and went back in and worked from 9-5. Things started to go wrong last minute but some how I managed to fix them. When it was finally my turn to pass in my portfolio I walked into the room and they took my paper and CD then I had to walk over to someone else and hand him my box. Shook his hand and started to tear up. :blush-anim-cl: If I could have just walked out of there I might have been fine but I had to pick up the graduation invitations from the president of the school and had to shake his hand at which point I started crying. Worst part is I snorted on the way out from trying not to cry. :roftl:

Ugh it was just such a mental and emotional release. It was so weird handing over this big black box that had become my life for the past couple of months and to have it taken away. I pretty much started crying because I've been in so much pain with my feet, even more standing on concrete all the time and I worked through this last portfolio and through this whole one with a stress fracture in my leg. I some how managed to get it all done being on crutches and on a walking boot. It was the hardest thing ever lugging around 20+ pounds of equipment. I did it though! :biggrin2:

Now I just have to wait until May 28th to find out if I graduate or have to redo stuff.

:jawdrop:I'M DONE!!!!!!!:jawdrop:

I stopped working at 1am since the school closed and went back in and worked from 9-5. Things started to go wrong last minute but some how I managed to fix them. When it was finally my turn to pass in my portfolio I walked into the room and they took my paper and CD then I had to walk over to someone else and hand him my box. Shook his hand and started to tear up. :blush-anim-cl: If I could have just walked out of there I might have been fine but I had to pick up the graduation invitations from the president of the school and had to shake his hand at which point I started crying. Worst part is I snorted on the way out from trying not to cry. :roftl:

Ugh it was just such a mental and emotional release. It was so weird handing over this big black box that had become my life for the past couple of months and to have it taken away. I pretty much started crying because I've been in so much pain with my feet, even more standing on concrete all the time and I worked through this last portfolio and through this whole one with a stress fracture in my leg. I some how managed to get it all done being on crutches and on a walking boot. It was the hardest thing ever lugging around 20+ pounds of equipment. I did it though! :biggrin2:

Now I just have to wait until May 28th to find out if I graduate or have to redo stuff.

Oh Jenic, what a pressure, I can really understand. And now it’s done…just wait and see!

But I can’t imagine they would do anything than to let you graduate, of course I’m not an art teacher but the little I’ve seen of your work is astounding!:thumb_yello:

The black box, is that your portfolio?

I wish you the best of luck!:wub2:

Oh Jenic, what a pressure, I can really understand. And now it’s done…just wait and see!

But I can’t imagine they would do anything than to let you graduate, of course I’m not an art teacher but the little I’ve seen of your work is astounding!:thumb_yello:

The black box, is that your portfolio?

I wish you the best of luck!:wub2:

Thanks! The black box contained an 11x14 or 11x11 print from 28 different photo shoots and we also had to burn a cd and make a website.

Today was the first day of reviews and out of 14 people 8 failed. :boxed: I'm hoping that by time they get to me on the 28th more people will be passing.

Bleeeehhhh my review day is Thursday. *deep breath* My mom is coming down and my best friend is coming with her so they plus a friend that I met at school are going to be sitting up on stage with me!

I haven't added my portfolio to my website yet because I was terrified to update it. I was afraid if I did I'd do something wrong and my website wouldn't work which would send me to re-review the day before graduation... so best to not touch it.

Pardon this moment of stupidity (and watch the answer be so obvious that I know it :lol3:) but what is review day?

My portfolio review day. Our portfolios were due May 20th at 5pm no earlier no later. Thursday I find out if I graduate or if I have to go to re-review and find out if I graduate the day before graduation.

http://hallmark.edu/weekbyweek/

That's what our auditorium looks like right now.

After the panelists look at the photos and score it you're called up on stage.

The announcer then says "Jen....................... (yes with a long pause) portfolio accepted/not accepted."

People then either clap or gasp then you get a critique from the panelists then the next person goes.

It's going to be the most intense day of my life so far. It's going to kill me watching them and the instructors look over my portfolio while I'm sitting there in my seat biting my nails. I hope I don't trip going up on stage... or barf... or faint... or do all three.

That auditorium looks intense. :naughty: Oh, okay, that makes sense. I hope you don't trip, barf or faint...none of those are very nice. But how nerve wracking! How long would it take?

It's the scariest auditorium I've ever seen. Normally it's all big and open but now black curtains have been hung up everywhere. What kills is there's two big black curtains on stage so when they swap out portfolios they close. When they open you don't know if it's going to be your portfolio on stage or someone else's. I feel like I'm on some reality tv show.

Blah

Review days are two days long from 9-4. I requested to go Thursday instead of Friday because I have my mom and best friend coming down. The whole process can take around 20 minutes.

I can't believe that all this work I've done since September has lead up to this. I cried when I handed in my portfolio. :naughty:

It's the scariest auditorium I've ever seen. Normally it's all big and open but now black curtains have been hung up everywhere. What kills is there's two big black curtains on stage so when they swap out portfolios they close. When they open you don't know if it's going to be your portfolio on stage or someone else's. I feel like I'm on some reality tv show.

Blah

Review days are two days long from 9-4. I requested to go Thursday instead of Friday because I have my mom and best friend coming down. The whole process can take around 20 minutes.

I can't believe that all this work I've done since September has lead up to this. I cried when I handed in my portfolio. :naughty:

That does sounds like a game show! :aah:

Oh cool -- it'll be awesome to have those close to you there! Hope all goes well, I'm sure it will. :biggrin2:

Aww, it's normal.

Just randomly: for those people who don't pass or whatever, do their photos suck really bad? Or are these judges just really though?