Mika joins the stadium posse

dcdeb

Watch out Madonna, Grace Kelly star MIka has an extravagant stage show up his sleeve that could put the queen of pop to shame.

Mika, who will play his first stadium gig in Paris on July 4, revealed: "I'm spending more on the show - more than I'm being paid! It was supposed to be a mixed billing but I sold it out. 55,000 seats on my own."

The 24-year-old wouldn't be drawn into naming a figure but said it's going to be a "beautiful" show as he's joining forces with set designers who usually work in opera and is promising a stunning event.

He told us: "I'll be bringing it to London in 2009 if I have the honour."

http://thelondonpaper.typepad.com/thelondonblog/2008/05/mika-joins-the.html

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch out Madonna, Grace Kelly star MIka has an extravagant stage show up his sleeve that could put the queen of pop to shame.

Mika, who will play his first stadium gig in Paris on July 4, revealed: "I'm spending more on the show - more than I'm being paid! It was supposed to be a mixed billing but I sold it out. 55,000 seats on my own."

The 24-year-old wouldn't be drawn into naming a figure but said it's going to be a "beautiful" show as he's joining forces with set designers who usually work in opera and is promising a stunning event.

He told us: "I'll be bringing it to London in 2009 if I have the honour."

http://thelondonpaper.typepad.com/thelondonblog/2008/05/mika-joins-the.html

Nice one Deb:wink2:

WOO! Wembley here we come!!:punk:

I really really wish I was seeing him this summer... esp Paris... not a chance though... I expect loads of amazing reports from you guys :wink2:

I'm so proud of him though... 55,000 people... gonna be such an amazing event :thumb_yello:

Nice one Deb:wink2:

WOO! Wembley here we come!!:punk:

And we heard it all first hand, Rose!! :wub2:

I still don´t like the stadium idea, but mika seems excited and i´m sure everybody´s gonna have a blast....

Rose, Wembley sounds really tempting indeed! :naughty:

Same here, I am all for smaller venues, so even though I'm very happy for him and excited for him, I REALLY hope that this is not going to be the norm for the future Mika shows.

Mika, please, keep doing smaller stuff.

Oh, and also the Royal Albert Hall one please.

I still don´t like the stadium idea, but mika seems excited and i´m sure everybody´s gonna have a blast....

Rose, Wembley sounds really tempting indeed! :naughty:

It does indeed, and for him to achieve stadium status in such a short time, is absolutely awesome.

He didn't go into detail about what he was doing in Paris, but he was very animated when he was talking about it last week, so it sounds like it's going to be a fantastic show.

i didn't quite like the stadium idea either.. but now i must say i can't wait to see what he has in mind !!!! for the moment, all i can think of is a mixture of baroque theatre and an huge toy shop !!! i'm sooooooo excited at the idea of seeing that coming to life for the very first time !!!! :blush-anim-cl:

And we heard it all first hand, Rose!! :wub2:

Same here, I am all for smaller venues, so even though I'm very happy for him and excited for him, I REALLY hope that this is not going to be the norm for the future Mika shows.

Should we get t shirts printed plugging a show for R A H?

ROYAL ALBERT HALL, pretty pleaseeeeeeeeee

It´s good thing to do, you know, at least once in a lifetime, to see how it goes, experiment big venues with larger crowds...But i wish he would keep doing the usual stuff

It does indeed, and for him to achieve stadium status in such a short time, is absolutely awesome.

He didn't go into detail about what he was doing in Paris, but he was very animated when he was talking about it last week, so it sounds like it's going to be a fantastic show.

Yes, he must feel very proud of his success. I´m sure he didn´t expect this in such a short time.

He didn´t go into details because he loves the surprise factor, doesn´t he? :naughty:

sounds like he is quite excited about this, i bet it would be worth going for sure!!! i think everyone who can go should!!! it will be a different experience.

i also would like him to keep smaller venues as well.

:thumb_yello:

Royal Albert Hall would be great wouldn't it. Just not too many stadiums, or not exclusively stadiums..:blink:

Can't wait to see what the Parc des Princes thing is like though! I just got a little flutter of Mikaexcitement when I read this article, the first I've had in months :naughty:

*sigh* I'm torn.

I wish he'll sell out Woodstock capacity venues for the rest of his life. If that is what he's dreaming of he shall have it. Also I'm convinced that everyone should see him live at least once and this can't be accomplished playing Koko sized places, sadly.

It also makes me a bit sad, though as it seems to be the inevitable end of the 'Mika live experience' as I know it. I'm dead sure he has something grand in mind and even surer he will realise it but due to the size of those venues it will never be the same, however spectacular the the details may turn out. JC_depressed.gif

For everyone who is going there: Make sure you make some good pictures and video's!:naughty:

*sigh* I'm torn.

I wish he'll sell out Woodstock capacity venues for the rest of his life. If that is what he's dreaming of he shall have it. Also I'm convinced that everyone should see him live at least once and this can't be accomplished playing Koko sized places, sadly.

It also makes me a bit sad, though as it seems to be the inevitable end of the 'Mika live experience' as I know it. I'm dead sure he has something grand in mind and even surer he will realise it but due to the size of those venues it will never be the same, however spectacular the the details may turn out. JC_depressed.gif

Aaaw. I know how you feel:huglove: (even though I haven't been to any Mikagig yet:blink:)

On the other hand, I'm really excited to see what's going to happen:punk:

Don't let the dream die, Sariflor! :naughty:

And I'm with you -- the idea of a stadium gig depresses me. I think it's

probably inevitable that he'll go in that direction as his career

progresses, but I will sorely miss the smaller venues.

dcdeb

I guess we can take comfort in the fact that, although he is excited by the fact of doing these huge shows, he has said he does love doing the small intimate shows, so I don't think we've seen the last of smaller shows.