what american accent do you have? quiz

ok, so this is a quiz to c what american accent u have, and if u want to take it but ur not american, u can :P

http://www.gotoquiz.com/results/what_american_accent_do_you_have

my results are:

What American accent do you have?

Your Result: The West

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

...so im guessing theyre right, cuz i am from cali! lol! well this is a quiz for fun

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Northeast

Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.

notice how its actually where we like :mf_rosetinted:

mistake me for a canadian, I AM A CANADIAN HAHAHA

lol NICE! so, i always wondered what type of accent the ppl of west america had, and now its answered! we dnt have 1!!!!!! except for "dirty american accents" lol, which isnt a REAL accent catogory! lol

well, i got this :P

Your Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

I'm not american, i don't even speak english:p. but anyway, it was fun to do:p

well, i got this :P

Your Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

I'm not american, i don't even speak english:p. but anyway, it was fun to do:p

lol! thats funny

Your Result: The South

That's a Southern accent you've got there. You may love it, you may hate it, you may swear you don't have it, but whatever the case, we can hear it.

Your Result: The South

That's a Southern accent you've got there. You may love it, you may hate it, you may swear you don't have it, but whatever the case, we can hear it.

:naughty:are you frm southern georgia? my dad grew up there and he used to have an accent. his dad has a little one:bleh:

I have Western! i knew i didn't have an accent:naughty:

:naughty:are you frm southern georgia? my dad grew up there and he used to have an accent. his dad has a little one:bleh:

I have Western! i knew i didn't have an accent:naughty:

Haha yes! People are always making fun of my accent :bleh: But I don't think it's that bad:naughty:

Your Result: The Northeast

Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.

hahahaha this doesn't really mean anything to me, I'm bored ok :naughty: :naughty:

Your Result: The Northeast

hahahaha this doesn't really mean anything to me, I'm bored ok :naughty: :naughty:

lol! NICE!

sure you don't...:naughty:

i think they're cool! somethin different. western accents no fun...:thumbdown:

Haha my accents really not that thick..you can just tell it's southern. :bleh: That's pretty awesome your dad grew up here though :thumb_yello:

mistake me for a canadian, I AM A CANADIAN HAHAHA

i got that result also! and I AM CANADIAN! :naughty:

"North Central" is what professional linguists call the Minnesota accent. If you saw "Fargo" you probably didn't think the characters sounded very out of the ordinary. Outsiders probably mistake you for a Canadian a lot.

You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

mahahahahaha.

i'm from Ideeho, so I'm more in the west. xD

but really all true, aside from that!

I have like noooo accent whatsoever.!

I got the West.

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

This is another interesting quiz that's a bit more exciting:

http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelligencerreport/yankee_dixie_quiz.html

I got "71% (Dixie). That is a pretty strong Southern score!" :roftl:

Your Result: Boston

You definitely have a Boston accent, even if you think you don't. Of course, that doesn't mean you are from the Boston area, you may also be from New Hampshire or Maine.

Interesting...I was born in Ontario in the 70s but I have lived on the west coast for ever...hmmm funny thing is that I agree with this!