Petition Help

If the MFC can vote for the sexiest man in pop or a photo competition, we can help Holly get enough signatures to keep a special learning disabilities school running, right? :original:

Here's what it's all about:

Locally we have an annex on a school that for the last few years has run as a preschool for children with learning disabilities, namely autism as well as communication disorders. It is the only one in the area that provides any support for children with learning disabilities at that age, and there are only one or two others in the county, both of which are 50+ miles away.

Recently the government decided that since it only catered for a small section of the population of the county, that their funding had better uses in main secondary schools, and so they removed the grant.

Subsequently the school has to close and these children will either have to travel 50-100 miles to next local school with these special capabilities or integrate into standard schools. If this were to happen the children would loose the specific tailored support they have been having, as would the family as the school also caters for the needs of the primary care givers, e.g. parents. This is just one of the additional features the children and families of the school can use, as well as, for example, a multi-sensory room.

So, understandably a petition as been made to request the funding be reinstated. The petition is the 'real deal' not just people going door to door with a clipboard. It is hosted by the number 10 Downing Street website and currently has 504 signatures.

I would really appreciate it if you would add yourselves to the list. Its just a few clicks, and does not really take any obligation from you, but if successful, could give these children the right start to their lives and the help that they really need.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Tracks/

You need to put in a UK address, but if your not from the UK you could also ... er, make up a realstic one. Not that I would do anything like that ... *cough*

:fisch: Buuuut - here are some fake addresses you could use ...

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the MFC can vote for the sexiest man in pop or a photo competition, we can help Holly get enough signatures to keep a special learning disabilities school running, right? :original:

Well, voting for Mika on a Mika Fan Club site makes sense, don't you think?

And if we have a competion, that's directly related to the MFC...

I'm not so sure we want to start having a slew of threads dedicated to

other people's causes.

You need to put in a UK address, but if your not from the UK you could also ... er, make up a realstic one. Not that I would do anything like that ... *cough*

Now see, in our guidelines we state that you should avoid condoning

illegal or fraudulent activity... asking people to add their names to a list

that they are not legitimately supposed to sign...

I'm closing this thread for a while, while we mods talk this over...