October 2008 - Mika in Brazil?!?

robertina

I'm not going to get my hopes up.... I'm not going to get my hopes up.... I'm not going to get my hopes up.... I'm not going to get my hopes up.... I'm not going to.... Ah, stuff it. If this is true then that's fabulous for South America... and possibly for other places as well. Feeling hopeful again!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be fantastic!

Now all he has to do is swing around to Australia and there will be a lot of happy people.

Oh yes... we would be verra happy! As long as it's during school hols so I can go... and doesn't interfere with me going to Ireland...

*cough cough*

Oh, how wonderfully subtle!

I hope it's true, but I wouldn't get too excited... even if the festival organisers say he is coming, he might still pull out...

If he announces it on his MySpace, then it's time to get excited... and I'll be right there getting excited with you!

Pamette!!!

sorry your thread was closed... have you seen our moderators are so fast (cancelling duplicate, all right!!!) :thumb_yello:

Super Pamette, i was jocking.. because usually you are so careful and precise :thumb_yello:

you are always super :blush-anim-cl:

:cool: the real reason because i said to you that there was another thread is:

if M does not perform in Brasil... Brasilian will be furious with the starter of the thread and i prefere that they are furious with Robertina and not with you :naughty:

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

i'm so bad :cool:

:cool: the real reason because i said to you that there was another thread is:

if M does not perform in Brasil... Brasilian will be furious with the starter of the thread and i prefere that they are furious with Robertina and not with you :naughty:

:roftl:

i'm so bad :cool:

:bleh::roftl: Lollipops crossed for Brazil! :thumb_yello:

• 7 months later...
Just bumping this as one of those things we thought might be happening, but can look back in hindsight and say it didn't happen:thumbdown:

Yep! Quite safely:naughty:.

This was another of those 'unconfirmed' events, so It doesn't surprise me that he never went :wink2:.

Just bumping this as one of those things we thought might be happening, but can look back in hindsight and say it didn't happen:thumbdown:

really? :mf_rosetinted: thanks for bump this thread to remember me that Mika

still didn't come to Brazil :mf_rosetinted:... or South America, stupid boy :mf_rosetinted:

I think it's excellent news for all fans. We know festival anouncements are nothing to really go by, but I'm sure they don't just pick a few random artists and start advertising them, surely they have at least gotten some kind of "maybe I'll consider it" from him? Which would mean great news for all fans because it means he probably isn't planning on locking himself away after the festivals in July until the album comes out. :biggrin2:

As this topic has come up a few times on mfc now, I feel the need to comment on it :wink2:. I think that they DO use artist's names even though they have not signed a contract, hence not 'confirmed' their appearance.

It's happened a few times that a festival site or organiser advertises a series of names, in order to attract sales, and then once they sold the tickets they just say that the artist is not coming 'any more'. We've had that situation with Mika a few times, and also with other artists, hence why I always take these ads with a lot of salt until they are confirmed by Mika himself.

As an example: At the Brixton afterparty thing in Feb '08, someone asked Mika if he was doing the Madrid Festival in July (there were rumours but nothing had been said officially by him). His response was that we shouldn't get tickets until he put it up as confirmed.

To me this sums it up. No matter what the festival people will say, they are never to be fully trusted in that respect.

They can and they do advertise artists that have not signed contracts to perform, and that is why I get so bothered whey people use terms like 'cancel' or 'pull out' (like Nico earlier in this thread, too tired to quote now) because this is simply not true.

One cannot cancel or pull out when they were never 'in' :thumb_yello:

So, are you happy that you bumped this thread? :roftl:

As this topic has come up a few times on mfc now, I feel the need to comment on it :wink2:. I think that they DO use artist's names even though they have not signed a contract, hence not 'confirmed' their appearance.

It's happened a few times that a festival site or organiser advertises a series of names, in order to attract sales, and then once they sold the tickets they just say that the artist is not coming 'any more'. We've had that situation with Mika a few times, and also with other artists, hence why I always take these ads with a lot of salt until they are confirmed by Mika himself.

As an example: At the Brixton afterparty thing in Feb '08, someone asked Mika if he was doing the Madrid Festival in July (there were rumours but nothing had been said officially by him). His response was that we shouldn't get tickets until he put it up as confirmed.

To me this sums it up. No matter what the festival people will say, they are never to be fully trusted in that respect.

They can and they do advertise artists that have not signed contracts to perform, and that is why I get so bothered whey people use terms like 'cancel' or 'pull out' (like Nico earlier in this thread, too tired to quote now) because this is simply not true.

So why didn't Mika just say "no, I'm not going to Madrid (or wherever)" if he wasn't in some sort of discussion with them? I agree about not trusting festival organisers, but I'm not convinced we can trust artists either- he probably meant "yes- unless I get a better offer"

So why didn't Mika just say "no, I'm not going to Madrid (or wherever)" if he wasn't in some sort of discussion with them? I agree about not relying on festival organisers, he probably meant "yes- unless I get a better offer". I think festivals simply have to be advertised before artists plans are finalised. Yes, some of the organisers will be dodgy, but then, so will some artists.

Hi There!! Mika is coming to Argentina? is it? I was wondering if him is coming in october..he say that? 'cause the girls of the Argentinean say that!:shocked:

We don't say that.:bleh:. We used to say Mika might be coming in October 2008. But that's a long story.:naughty:.

really? :mf_rosetinted: thanks for bump this thread to remember me that Mika

still didn't come to Brazil :mf_rosetinted:... or South America, stupid boy :mf_rosetinted:

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to cause hurt feelings:blush-anim-cl:

I dunno. Did I get a little discussion out of it? Yes. So that's good. Have I possibly hurt some people? Yes. So that's not so good.

So why didn't Mika just say "no, I'm not going to Madrid (or wherever)" if he wasn't in some sort of discussion with them? I agree about not relying on festival organisers, he probably meant "yes- unless I get a better offer". I think festivals simply have to be advertised before artists plans are finalised. Yes, some of the organisers will be dodgy, but then, so will some artists.

When you put it like that... it does sound like Mika was possibly in discussion, otherwise why not be straight up with Sara?